Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 7,479

RR529

I've been playing Fire Emblem Warriors for the past week. I think I'm about finished up with the main story (completed Chapter 17 last night), but I've yet to touch any of the History Maps.

Despite how the fandom may feel about her, I've actually had a lot of fun playing as Camilla. It's just so cool riding around on a dragon smashing the crap out of anyone in your way.

Other than Camilla, my main team consists of Lianna (for story purposes), Sakura, and Lucina.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

@Octane Right but even so, it seems that Sony and MS put their games on sale alot sooner and more often then Nintendo does. The only time I have noticed Nintendo titles go on sale if you can call it that, is when they select a few for Nintendo Selects or whatever it's called.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Fight_Teza_Fight

YummyHappyPills wrote:

Wanna know something odd? Bayonetta 1 was #1 in the UK eShop chart. Bayo 2 was nowhere to be seen. That tells me Bayo 1 being digital only means people went only for the first, or a lot of codes with physical copies were redeemed.

@YummyHappyPills That doesn't surprise me to be honest. Like you said it's probably codes being redeemed. A good chunk of people are probably planning on beating the first game, before they start second one (like I am).
Supposedly there were some faulty Bayo1 download codes on the US physical copy, so I think people are also vary about having a faulty code & are just making sure.

Bayonetta 2 retail was available for as low as £40, whereas it's full priced on the eshop, so I'm sure that played into it.
I wouldn't be surprised if it charts #1 retail here in the UK as there's nothing big releasing around it.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Haruki_NLI

@Fight_Teza_Fight It came 5th and Bayo 2 climbed digital.

You get both games digitally for a total of £50. You buy either of the two and the other gets discounted.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haruki_NLI

Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 + 2 comes to Switch on May 22nd.

The catch? Both digitally ($14.99 for MMLC1/$19.99 for MMLC2) is fine.

Physical release for both combined for $39.99, with MMLC2 as a download, plus a free cloth thing.

Physical release is US only, which means in the EU, the only physical Capcom release we have is Street Fighter 2.

Ralizah

Tried playing Mega Man 9 on my Vita via Remote Play years ago, and it was a horrible experience.

I'm ready for weeks of portable Mega Man bliss!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

KratosMD wrote:

and there isn't really any music in the game

Breath of the Wild has hours of music in its soundtrack, although most of the dramatic tracks only play in particular sections of the game, and the ambient score during normal free-roam gameplay does a good job of harmonizing with the game's environmental soundscape, making it stand out less.

The soundtrack also often incorporates broken and distorted renditions of older Zelda themes, as most of post-apocalyptic Hyrule is but a shadow of its former glory.

It's a radically different approach to Zelda music, but I really appreciated it in the context of this game.

themcnoisy

@Tasuki Im glad Nintendo rarely put games on sale. With my Sony games Im reluctant to pay full price for random games as the trade ins are lower generally, I will only pay full price for must have games. On switch as the games hold value Im happier to pay full price for games Im not guaranteed to enjoy.

Also the games on switch so far are finished games. Not this games as a service tripe. So I will still be playing them in 10 years time. Just like my wii games.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

mookysam

I've been playing through Breath of the Wild for almost month now. I'm taking a different route exploring the world compared to when I played it on the Wii U which has made it feel quite different. I have haven't done any divine beasts yet, mostly just exploring and completing shrines and getting korok seeds. I only worked out last week that octo balloons can be used to lift things out the way. Before I was using stasis and whacking them!

@KratosMD Music is very important to me too. It can really add so much to the "feel" of a game and and give more texture to the world. In Zelda games specifically, the series has always had iconic tunes that have been a big part of the games, so I did feel disappointed that Breath of the Wild takes a more restrained approach. I sort of understand why they did that given the length spent in each area. Perhaps they thought hearing the same tune loop over and over could get tedious for some players? I personally feel that the music that is in the game isn't as good as previous titles but is pleasant. I do enjoy hearing elements of old tunes in various places, such as Epona's Song at the stables.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Octane

@themcnoisy I think it works both ways. You never feel like you wasted money on a Nintendo game by buying it day one. Because it's still €60 after a year or two. But if it's a game you'd like to try, but you don't want to spend €60 on? Too bad, you're going to have to wait a looong time.

Octane

Ralizah

DOOM was updated. The game now has a smooth motion aiming option. Which makes it my favorite version controls-wise.

@mookysam The use of music in BotW, though somewhat restrained, is also incredibly creative, from the nods to music from previous games to emphasize certain environmental themes to songs that evolve and become more complex as you perform tasks that affect a particular area. I also tend to find it relaxing without heroic trumpets blaring every time I enter the overworld.

My one regret is that the brilliant tracks that appear in the trailers for the game don't seem to make an appearance themselves. At least, not in a form that is anywhere near as dramatic or bombastic.

Edited on by Ralizah

Haruki_NLI

Bayonetta seems to be selling poorly in the UK and Japan, trailing below the Wii U numbers....physically.

On the eShop in the UK Bayo 1 has been 1st since launch and 2 has been climbing consistently. Also seems to be high on the US eShop.

More and more we see the need for digital sales data.

Haruki_NLI

Rumours of a 3DS Mini Direct are swirling and it involves games people will demand on Switch insstead. Personally I dont care.

Except for one rumoured title: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - 3DS.

Guess what game that is.

RR529

I'd be more concerned if we got DQXI 3DS, but not the Switch version.

The Heroes games are on the system in Japan, and supposedly XI is in development, but the only thing the west has so far is the darned Minecraft-esque spinoff.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Haruki_NLI

Apparently DQXI is having issues because the version of UE4 that added Switch support is more updated than the version they made the game in, and in an update not longer after that they changed a few things with how Blueprints work.

So for once Nintendo is in a mess because their middleware is too new.

Fight_Teza_Fight

Finally played and beat Bayonetta 2. I beat the first game prior to it & imo the sequel- despite being a fantastic game, feels toned down compared to the original.
The difficulty has been scaled back immensely. Got the Stone award for beating Bayo1, Gold award for beating Bayo2. Both on normal & I picked up a bunch of Pure Platinum in Bayo2.

The overall tone and Bayonetta herself have also been toned down. There is much less swearing and Bayonetta doesn't flaunt her sexuality as much. I really liked how ridiculously over the top she was in the first game- genuine shock awe, are we really doing this moments, whereas in Bayo2 she just comes off as supremely confident & uncharacteristically emotional at times.
I guess the change is probably a good thing? I'll miss it, but just like GoW3s mini game (you know the one), it probably wouldn't go down to well nowadays. I'll be interested to see what she'll be like in Bayo3.

I might seem pretty negative, but despite being 'toned down', the game more than makes up for it in the gameplay department. It's easily my favorite game on Switch & I'm debating whether or not it's my favorite hack n' slash game of all time, a spot currently occupied by GoW3.
The visuals are stunning, although the game does show its age during the transition scenes.
The writing is OK. Cheese overload at times, but they really caught me by surprise at the end. Is it a sequel or a prequel ?.

Don't know where they go for Bayo3, but I'll be there Day 1. Also it was funny seeing Sony (Music) in the end credits of a Nintendo exclusive.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Fight_Teza_Fight

@YummyHappyPills I agree the game feels more balanced now. It was immediately noticeable as I played them back-to-back.

The opening area when you first get free control of Bayonetta is stunning.

@KratosMD Haha that is strange! What’s next Sony to publish a game on Swit- oh wait that happened.
I’m starting to think the platform holders don’t really care about the rivalry & just like doing things that make them money...huh 🤔.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

JohnnyShoulder

It's only skins for Mincraft though which you can probably play on your watch these days. It's not like you can play Halo or Uncharted on the Switch.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Yeah i suppose so, not really been following Nintendo until recently so all the little nuances are pretty lost on me. 😊

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic