Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 4,781 to 4,800 of 5,490

Fight_Teza_Fight

@colonelkilgore You know what I don’t remember anything from that game, apart from that I had tons of fun.

I imagine I’ll have similar experience with Just Cause- a series I’ve never played. Got JC3 through PS+ so might play it soon.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore After I had my appendix out, I holed up on the couch with this game for a week. I never did completely finish it but put quite a few hours into it and it kept me sane during my recovery. I agree that it uses its license well and car combat was actually a ton of fun. A hidden gem indeed.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@sorteddan yeah there is a trophy (an absolute ***** of a trophy too 😅) that has like 144 sub-requirements… 2 of which required access to an online server, which was shutdown in… ooh I wanna say Oct 2020ish (in all honesty it’s probably the most ridiculous online implementation for a trophy I’ve seen). The actual trophy that it’s attached to (Up to the Task) is one of the most labour-intensive trophies I’ve ever seen too (& notoriously glitchy)… bit of a trophy hunter graveyard by all accounts 🤣.

Definitely worth a play though, particularly if you like the ip.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Fight_Teza_Fight @Jimmer-jammer good to know it isn’t just me that got a lot from this game… was starting to think I had no taste 😉.

…and @Fight_Teza_Fight, I couldn’t be more thrilled that you just picked up Just Cause 3… such a frikkin joy that game. I was only speaking to someone during a boosting sesh on the weekend that if JC3 got a remaster, I’d plat the whole damn thing again, so much fun!

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore I wouldn’t use any endorsement of mine as a barometer for taste, but I’m glad you’ve enjoyed it nonetheless!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

nessisonett

Yakuza 5

Brilliant for the most part. A great slow burn story and easily the widest narrative in the series. Also horrifically bloated in places, apart from the undercooked narrative surrounding the final boss. If it wasn’t for the final part, it would be my second favourite game in the series.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@nessisonett You seem to have rattled through the game! My complaint was it was too bloated as well and became a bit of a drag to do everything.

It’ll be interesting to see what you make of the “stripped back” Y6 which I really enjoyed. It’s also the only Kiryu Yakuza game I have the platinum for (you can get the Legend play through trophy by reloading the final fight and bumping the difficulty up!)

Thrillho

MaulTsir

God Of War:Ragnarok.

I think everyone who has now played and finished the game had already said everything to be said.

A truly fantastic game, great gameplay very much the same as the first but that's not a bad thing and a absolutely fantastic story and some of the views on the game are absolutely magnificent.

I would say that it felt a little anti-climatic but that's just nit picking all in all an a real masterpiece in gaming and story telling, loved it.

MaulTsir

MaulTsir

@Thrillho haven't finished it all yet but I'm on with it so hopefully get it done this week along with the plat.

MaulTsir

Anti-Matter

I finished the storyline of Cat Quest 2 Switch yesterday.
I think I don't really need New Game + after finishing the storyline as I'm not a fan to grind until level 999 for New Game+.
I called it a day and play other games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

nessisonett

Yakuza 6. One hell of a send off for Kiryu, only slightly let down by the new combat not quite being polished enough and Kamurocho being slimmed down. The story was fantastic though, with Takeshi Kitano in particular giving a masterclass of a performance. Considering that Yakuza 5 was a ludicrous Michael Bay movie of a game, this being so grounded was pretty surprising, it has themes that aren’t paper-thin and characters are fully realised. It would be nice for them to revisit Onomichi at some point so hopefully Like A Dragon Gaiden does well!

Thrillho

@nessisonett Good to hear you enjoyed the game too!

I was kind of disappointed that they chickened out of the ending though as his death would have been pretty powerful but, as much as I wouldn’t want Kiryu killed off, it felt even more of a cop out than if they hadn’t bothered

Is Like a Dragon up next? And are you planning on playing the Judgment games?

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho I started Like A Dragon this afternoon, I played a little bit of Judgment when it released but never went back. I think I’m more intrigued to see what the new fighting is like and so far it’s definitely different. It’ll obviously get more complicated once I unlock more party members but I quite enjoy the combat, the timed block is a mechanic I love in games like the Mario and Luigi series.

Thrillho

@nessisonett I really liked the combat and it does open up with more characters and when you can start changing classes etc. I did find it quite repetitive towards the end when you can just breeze through fights but some of the boss fights are a good challenge.

I think I liked Ichiban more than Kiryu as a protagonist and most of the new cast are great too.

Thrillho

oliverp

Right so I have had really good time playing the Resident Evil Remake 2 recently. Beating the game twice. Now I Dont think Iam done with the game yet (its so good).

oliverp

colonelkilgore

So I just finished Doom: Eternal… though it came extremely close to finishing me in all honesty. I found it a proper challenge and that final boss fight was insane! I’ve never considered myself much of an fps player… but I was able to get through the ones I have played previously without having to grit my teeth too much… it was different with this though…just so chaotically intense!

Great game… maybe my favourite of all fps-ers… but I’m a broken man right now 😅

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

oliverp

@colonelkilgore Glad you took the time and finished the game. Wish you continued luck in things. I have at times been thinking about playing the new Doom but so far been skping it due to the intense nature. That said its not impossible that I pick it up sometimes.

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

Jimmer-jammer

Finally finished Forbidden West. This game was huge! I had my ups and downs with it but overall I enjoyed it and am excited to see where things go next. I thought the final mission was excellent, and helping Kotallo fix his arm was such a rewarding quest, it was worth playing through to the end just to see that pay off. As much as I enjoyed it, I’m glad to move on and don’t think I’ll be going for the platinum right now.

RogerRoger

@Jimmer-jammer Sweet, glad you ended up on the positive end of the scale! It's definitely a journey, that much is certain. Agreed about the side quest you highlight, too. That was very memorable!

Don't blame you for wanting to move on, though. I felt the same. Knowing that there's more to come (in terms of both the forthcoming DLC and the inevitable third game) meant that I was happy to walk away whilst the satisfaction of the finale was fresh, and I'm now excited to return for Burning Shores.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic