Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 4,721 to 4,740 of 5,550

Msw7089

Just finished Mass Effect Andromeda on ps4. It didn't get a lot of love on release but i thoroughly enjoyed the game.

Msw7089

RogerRoger

@Msw7089 Couldn't agree more. Real glad you enjoyed it, congratulations!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@JudgeDredd Oh my days. That was probably the meh-iest game that ever meh'ed. Did you get the impression that it was supposed to be one of those ridiculous online only GaaS affairs that got scaled back? Not only was the open world completely vapid but I thought the RPG and looter elements were utterly redundant as well.

LN78

RogerRoger

Huge spoiler warning for Gotham Knights below!

@JudgeDredd I'm glad you enjoyed Gotham Knights. Who was your "main" Knight, or did you manage to mix things up more often?

I take it you're referring to the first round with Talia when you mention the difficult penultimate boss, rather than Bruce? Because I totally agree with you there, and did the same as you, checking the settings after a quick death. Bruce was pretty easy, all things considered, but was also emotionally devastating, so Talia's sudden difficulty spike really caught me off-guard as I dried my eyes and tried to re-focus. I expected her to be tough but yeah, that was somethin' else!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@JudgeDredd I can't for the life of me work out why they took out the counter mechanic from the excellent (and proven) combat system. It makes no sense. I was enjoying the story, but the gameplay was draining my will to live so I gave up. Maybe one to go back to on a rainy weekend.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

RogerRoger

@JudgeDredd Nightwing took the longest to gel with me, for sure. I kept going back to him because I like his voice actor, and eventually "got" how to use him effectively as a result, but he's definitely the least accessible of the four right out of the gate.

Ah, my apologies! I didn't mean to inadvertently cast aspersions on your boss-battling abilities! Were you still using Red Hood at that stage? I'm guessing the boss in question adapts its tactics depending on which Knight you bring to the battle. I used Robin both times, and his mixture of arms-length melee and light ranged attacks seemed to keep me safe enough. I wonder how things play out in co-op?

@LN78 For what it's worth (because your disappointment will remain regardless) the developers didn't remove anything from the combat system. Gotham Knights is an entirely original, standalone game built from scratch. Warner Bros. Montréal simply opted to implement an Insomniac-esque dodge mechanic instead of a Rocksteady-style counter one, s'all. You're not the only person I've seen struggle to overcome muscle memory from the Arkham series, though, so you're not alone.

Making It So Since 1987

MightyDemon82

Just sitting watching the credits roll in Tales of Arise,. Great game, will dip in and out until I have the platinum.

MightyDemon82

nessisonett

Dragon Quest II is done and dusted. A pretty big step up from the first game, although with similar annoyances and an absolutely brutal difficulty curve. The cave just before the final dungeon is downright evil too, with a combination of looping corridors and pits in the floor. I still enjoyed it for the most part though.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Fight_Teza_Fight

So the other day I beat Crisis Core Reunion.
I love it just as much as I did back then & the story gets me every time.

I’ll never get the platinum for this game however just because of the mini games.
Squats in this game is just near impossible. The opponent won’t have an ‘off match’ & will always hit 55 unlike in FF7Remake where their scores would fluctuate. Spent like 4 hours on it before calling it quits.

As for the remaster/remake itself it’s pretty much the same game. It looks prettier & all the voice actors have been replaced with their FF7Remake counter parts. They sound incredibly similar to their CC originals. Zack in particular sounds almost identical.

As far as I can tell only 2 gameplay additions were added. ‘Stacking’ slot results so you can use abilities in a more optimal situation & the Buster Swords proficiency system.
Raising the proficiency is one heck of a grind but incredibly useful as you gain passive abilities while in buster stance. Even with spamming the buster stance, doing all 300 missions & completing the game I only ended on just over 76%. I would’ve gotten to 100% if I had saved the missions for once I got the buster sword, but I ended up clearing most beforehand.

Speaking of missions you have access to a whole lot of them so you get overpowered pretty quickly. I’m convinced that this game is meant to be played on hard because of this as I was one shotting even bosses by like the 20 hour mark.

All in all, 46 hours to complete the 300 combat missions & story. Ended the game at lvl 77, 76% proficiency & 77% trophies lol.
Oh yeah & the final super boss has 77,777,777hp which means that even if you hit max damage every time (99,999) the min number of hits it would take is 778 lmao.

Also the soundtrack is perfection. Don’t read the comments. Spoiler heavy.

Why
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wb87AMBCHh8

The Price of Freedom
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bfimf3sYto

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

nessisonett

Beat Modern Warfare Remastered, somehow the first time I’ve actually played the whole way through that game, I mostly played multiplayer back in the day. I’m astounded at how well it holds up, it’s honestly one of the best FPS campaigns out there. I expected a Michael Bay movie but it’s a lot more grounded than I remember, it feels almost like a mil-sim at times. I played on Veteran which made it feel incredibly tense as well. All Ghillied Up really is one of the all-time classic levels in gaming too, it’s basically perfect and you can see its influence on future shooters like the Metro series.

I do love that Griggs gets his brains blown out right at the end (heartbroken about him and Gaz) but then his VA pops up with a dreadful rap about his own character during the credits approximately 5 seconds later. Way to undermine his death!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah agreed about All Ghillied Up. I'm not into Call of Duty at all, but I will always remember that level.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JudgeDredd That's the most Stanley Parable reaction to The Stanley Parable that I've ever Stanley Parabled. Seeing it is as comfortably reassuring as holding a bucket.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

I finished the story in L.A. Noire yesterday, and had forgotten how good it gets towards the end.

I love how, after gradually revealing that Cole isn't actually the nicest man, you spend most of your time on the Arson Desk playing as his genuinely-decent reflection Jack Kelso, and it's fitting that you close out the story controlling him, rather than Cole. A neat narrative trick, and one that's only possible in a game. If only that "Nicholson Electroplating" DLC case didn't kill the momentum, but hey.

Making It So Since 1987

LN78

I finally completed "Arkham Origins" yesterday having dipped in and out across the festive period. It's just as good as the other ones (and I prefer it to "Arkham Knight"). I'm not sure why it's considered inferior just because it's not by Rocksteady even though they donated their source code from "Asylum" to WB Montreal for the project and stated that they consider the game to be canonical. Some of the boss fights (Bane and Deathstroke in particular) are series highlights.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

LtSarge

@LN78 I think the general opinion of Arkham Origins is negative because of the game's technical issues. I played it on PS3 and it could start lagging from time to time. But it wasn't anything that ruined the experience for me. It's definitely a game worth playing and helps explain the relationship between Joker and Batman in greater detail.

LtSarge

LN78

@LtSarge I was on PS3 and it definitely chugged a little bit but then so did "City" if I remember correctly. I think performance issues just come with the territory when playing on that console (something I'm doing a lot of lately for some reason) so I tend to just ignore them.

LN78

sorteddan

I just made it to third area boss on Slay the Spire and beat it for the first time, saw the end credits roll and so I can now assert that I have slain said spire, never let it be said otherwise.
Think it was probably my 6/7th attempt. Probably not finished with the game yet as there are other characters I need to beat it with and other game modes to explore but I'm quite glad I decided to return to it.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Kanji-Tatsumi

Finally completed Code Vein. It's a decent low-budget anime Soulslike, has some cool bosses and a lot of character customization. Locals can be very boring, there are far too many dull military base looking places, but some are quite inventive. Story and dialogue is complete nonsense to the point where I just had to start skipping cutscenes, and I recommend anyone who plays it skips it too, for their own sanity.

Kanji-Tatsumi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic