Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 3,161 to 3,180 of 5,530

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Ah, that's cool, I know that feeling! Love it when that happens, which is often when I play older games with a less-than-stellar legacy.

Problem is, now that you've praised Watch_Dogs, it'd be a disappointment to me. D'oh!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger You can take me unpraising the game and it will cancel out the praising by @colonelkilgore, and you are back to square one!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger yeah it could end up that way šŸ˜ā€¦ Iā€™d basically just keep it in the back pocket for if and when you fancy a GTA-like.

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

Finished Amnesia: Rebirth. I ended up quite enjoying this one. After thoroughly not enjoying its opening couple of hours, things came together and, though not all that scary, the stunning environmental design and otherworldly locations really transported me into an effective psychological nightmare. Though it doesnā€™t reach the narrative heights of Soma, it was a proper Amnesia game and added quite a lot to its lore. The ending I earned was not satisfying at all, but in the world of horror, it was at least fitting. Worth a play through for fans of the series.

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Works for me! That's my kinda logic!

@colonelkilgore And a dirt-cheap one at that, I'd imagine. Might take me a while to work my way around to it, but thanks for the recommendation all the same!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger so I had Watch Dogs from 2014 but yeah I'd imagine you'd get it real cheap. Some context, I picked up Watch Dogs 2 for Ā£6 from CEX a couple of months ago... and even got Watch Dogs: Legion PS5 for under Ā£30 from Amazon at the start of the year.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore I'm always seeing them in the sales, yeah. Getting the sequel for six quid seems like the best bargain, especially since it looks the most fun!

Making It So Since 1987

crimsontadpoles

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth on mobile. My expectations were low coming into it, as I had heard that it focused on the investigations aspect of the Ace Attorney series, and didn't have the excellent courtroom sections. However, this game ended up being very good.

It's true that it focuses more on the point and click investigations, but it still has cross-examination sections. These are smaller in scope than the long drawn out courtroom battles from the regular Ace Attorney games, but there's plenty of these sections scattered all through the game. Plus, these can get just as intense as the courtroom did.

New characters and old characters alike all have a lot of charm to them. It's fun to see some familiar faces, and there's some quality new characters. In particular, it was great to see more of Detective Gumshoe and his interactions with Edgeworth. Kay and Lang are the standouts of the new characters.

The story is well done, and there's naturally a lot of twists and turns. My favourite part would have to be the final case, which is a long and complex one with many different aspects.

Overall, this game mixed up the formula somewhat, but it still feels very much like an Ace Attorney game. It's a welcome spin-off to the series, and I had plenty of fun playing it.

nessisonett

@crimsontadpoles If you think that was good, the sequel is even better. Honestly fantastic from start to finish. Itā€™s a shame it hasnā€™t been officially translated but the fan translators did a brilliant job. It was a bit hard to get hold of an original cart too, theyā€™re going for a ludicrous amount now.

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@crimsontadpoles With the series getting more and more popular, it wouldnā€™t surprise me to see an official translation. Personally, Iā€™d prefer Capcom go down the Falcom route and license the fan translation, as they did a great job and they deserve some credit for it.

nessisonett

Finally finished off the DLC for Assassinā€™s Creed Odyssey. Level 81 and 105 hours, 12 minutes! I have to say, the first DLC was alright but the second was absolutely brilliant. Honestly one of the best DLC chapters Iā€™ve ever played. So many interesting twists on gameplay, 3 beautiful maps and a killer plot that actually ties into plot threads from as far back as the third game. Iā€™m really quite sad to be leaving Kassandra behind, Iā€™ve spent a crazy amount of time on that one file but Iā€™ve cleared every single question mark in all 4 maps so thereā€™s quite literally nothing left to do!

I think the season pass for Odyssey is probably the best value for money Iā€™ve ever seen by a country mile. I got roughly 35 hours worth of gameplay from both DLC chapters and then the season pass also comes with remasters of Assassinā€™s Creed III, which I platinumed, and Assassinā€™s Creed Liberation, which Iā€™ll get to eventually. Easily 75-90 hours worth of gameplay in that season pass.

Edited on by nessisonett

KilloWertz

@nessisonett 105 hours? Slacker. I put at least 150 into it when I played it along with the DLC back on my Xbox One X. I guess it doesn't hurt that it ended up being my favorite game of the last gen.

I do have to agree about The Fate of Atlantis. That was fantastic DLC, and I can't remember me playing a better one. I never played the DLC for The Witcher 3, so there's some good ones out there that I haven't experienced of course, but The Fate of Atlantis almost could have been it's own game.

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett really glad you enjoyed that second load of dlcā€™sā€¦ some of my favourite dlcā€™s ever. I loved the Hades one in particular.

**** DLC!

BearsEatBeets

Finished off Resident Evil Village yesterday and thought it was a strong entry in the series. I think it improved a lot on 7 and aside from the switch away from zombies and viruses it definitely played like a traditional Resi game. I really liked how the game world was structured with 4 distinct zones for each of the 'bosses' surrounding the central village and that they all played slightly differently (especially the doll house). The only bit that spoilt it for me was the section right near the end when you control the other character. It devolved too much into a flat out shooter section and I think the game would have been better without it.
Overall though I enjoyed it and I am definitely eager to see where they take the next game after what is hinted at the end of the game. I'd love them to go back a third person entry at some point as I still prefer those but after playing 7and 8 I'll stick with it if they stay first person.

Edited on by BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Gaia093

Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and Aragami (plus its DLC). Got 100% on both.

Gaia093

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets From what I hear, Capcom are sticking to first person perspective for the mainline titles (at least for the time being) and use third person for the remakes.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder That's a shame for me but can't blame them, I'm pretty sure the last 2 have been some of the highest earners for them in the series. I still have my fingers crossed for Code Veronica remake like 2 and 3 but it seems like 4 is more likely.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets I think a remake of 4 is coming, think it got delayed to next year as it hit a few problems.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Beat the original Max Payne there on PC. Decent game, relies on a whole lot of save scumming but the gunplay actually holds up well. Quite liked it to be honest.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic