Forums

Topic: Welcome/Introduction Thread

Posts 421 to 440 of 675

RogerRoger

@NedStarksGhost Have another friendly welcome, on the house! Am glad you're enjoying PlayStation so much, and hope you continue to be impressed by its experiences!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

@NedStarksGhost The PS Plus collection is an absolutely amazing offer for newcomers to the platform.

Voltan

sorteddan

@NedStarksGhost
Hello, welcome and make yourself at home.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Th3solution

@NedStarksGhost Welcome aboard! Impressive gaming start to your enormous backlog of PlayStation quality games you have access to now. Yeah, you might get along with the 5 Uncharted games. You can get the first 3 in the Nathan Drake collection and then UC4 and UCLL are separate. They do really need to be played in order for the full effect, so I suggest not skipping the early entries if at all possible, even though (and it’s a point of controversy around here) many consider the first game to be the weakest. Don’t let it deter you if you find it lackluster. I replayed it again last year and still loved it though.

Do you get along with FromSoft stuff? Bloodborne and Demon’s Souls being the exclusives in that arena. And Persona 5 if you fancy a complete change of pace to a JRPG.

The Ratchet & Clank games are really good and although I’ve yet to play the new one, the PS4 reboot is a blast.

Oh and don’t sleep on Death Stranding. One of my favorites from PS4. Might be worth waiting for the Director’s Cut, but man, it’s a very unique experience, so long as you’re open-minded to try something different.

And the crown jewel of Horizon Zero Dawn… just one of the greats as well.

I’m knee deep in Returnal, which is fabulous if you fancy third person kinetic shooting.

I envy your nearly endless supply of options since you’re new to the platform.

What kind of games did you play on Xbox and what are your favorite third party games? Sounds like you have some familiarity with the Ubisoft stuff and Assassins Creed.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

NedStarksGhost

@Voltan Definitely, fantastic move from Sony!

@Sorteddan Thank you, looking forward to it!

@Th3solution Hey, thanks for all the info! I will definitley play Uncharted, I don't really mind playing dated games if the story is worth it.

I do like FromSoft, I finished Dark Souls and bough Demon's Souls but am yet to sit down and play through it. What I played of it though, fantastic. I have seen lots of great comments about Bloodborne so will definitely check that out too.

I actually forgot to mention I played Rift Apart, brilliant game again. Insomniac are putting out gold right now! I bought Death Stranding for £10, I will wait for the Director's Cut edition and pay the £10 upgrade fee and give it a try. Hideo has a crazy mind so it will be cool to try that out. Also want to play Horzion and Returnal. Spoilt for choice!

I have played a fair amount of AC, but had lost interest until I was gifted Valhalla for Christmas. I really did enjoy it, even if it was a bit clunky at times. I enjoyed playing Halo on Xbox, but otherwise I used to play third party games or random stuff on Game Pass.

I liked shooters and RPGs, as well as indie titles, my favourite being "Outer Wilds" (not The Outer Worlds). I also loved the first Ori (didn't get round to the second). But overall there hasn't been much to shout about on the Xbox. Very glad I moved platform!

NedStarksGhost

Thrillho

@ NedStarksGhost Welcome aboard. And damn, there's plenty of catching up for you to do as a newcomer to the PlayStation world!

I can't say much more than @Th3solution has and would second Bloodborne if you're into the From games. I personally much preferred the aggressive combat style of the game. The Ratchet and Clank 2016 reboot is also great fun if you liked the latest one and they dropped a PS5 patch earlier this year for 60fps gameplay. And both of those are in the PS+ Collection!

NedStarksGhost wrote:

as well as indie titles, my favourite being "Outer Wilds" (not The Outer Worlds)

Oh god, not this again

Thrillho

NedStarksGhost

@Thrillho hello and thank you for the info as well, I really do have to try Bloodborne!

And tell me about it, as a big Outer Wilds fan I've learned to clarify right away which one I mean!

NedStarksGhost

JohnnyShoulder

@NedStarksGhost Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time here!

You've made a good start, unintentionally joining in with a long standing forum joke!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Vertpin

Hi all, nice to see you here. I have been checking out the three sister sites for some time and decided to make an account and start posting. Generally, I play my video games on PlayStation consoles. I was around to play the PlayStation, but my first console of my own was the PlayStation 2. I do also love Nintendo, particularly, the Switch. I exclusively do handheld gaming with the Switch.

As per my avatar, I love the two recent Doom games (and to a degree, Doom 64 > Doom > Doom 2). However, the game series I enjoy the most are developed by FromSoftware, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro, and Demon's Souls. The amount of hours I have put into those is honestly not good. Here's to Elden Ring!

Vertpin

colonelkilgore

@Vertpin welcome buddy. So, as to your games of choice... we're gonna get on! 👊

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@Vertpin Welcome to the forum, hope you have fun posting!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Vertpin

Thank you guys!

Vertpin

RogerRoger

@Vertpin Have another belated welcome from me!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

Hey guys, it's KratosMD. It's been quite some time since I left last year. Apologies for leaving without saying anything but I really felt like I needed to step away from Push Square and move on to other things. I've actually been hanging out at Pure Xbox since then due to my increased interest in Xbox. It's been nice to take a break and hang out on a different site but now I felt like it was time to come back to a more lively place. I've been gaming a lot lately and I've missed talking with you guys about games so that's why I wanted to return.

For the record, I won't be participating in comment sections on articles as you probably know why. I will mostly be active on the forums. Don't worry though, I won't be talking much about Xbox as this is a PlayStation site. I'm mostly playing on PlayStation systems right now anyway so I feel like it's more appropriate to talk about that here instead.

Moving forward, I hope that we will get along better and I'll be more mindful of how I behave from now on. It's sometimes easy to forget that video games are supposed to be about fun and not to be taken too seriously, even if you are a passionate person (which I am). Anyway, I'm looking forward to our future discussions together here!

LtSarge

nessisonett

@LtSarge Welcome back! Articles are still a bit testy sometimes but the increased moderation means they’re a lot less heated and shut down a lot quicker. The forums are pretty much always chill!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@LtSarge Heeeeey, it's that guy!

I hope you're doing alright though. I almost never read or partake in the article comments on this site so it's not hard to stick to the calmness of the forums if that's all you're after.

Based on your avatar, have you been through all the "main" Yakuza games recently? I finally finished off Y6 this month after starting on Zero two and a bit years ago.

Anyhoo, good to see you back!

Thrillho

LtSarge

@nessisonett Thanks mate. Yeah that's pretty much the reason why I wanted to come back because I know that the forum is a great place to hang out. Also, I hope that I haven't given you much trouble making you to take over Game Club for me. It seems like you've done a great job of running it in my stead.

@colonelkilgore Thanks! It's always nice to see new members.

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic