Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 941 to 960 of 1,285

nessisonett

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Ralizah

@nessisonett Man, it's pretty hardcore when your pecs are so beefy that you end up wearing a bra to support them.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Anti-Matter

@Ralizah
Doesn't matter the contents inside, if already rated Mature / 18+ = Banned.
Put something i adore (Chibi, Cute, Six pack, Quirky, etc) inside the hatred things just only multiply my hatred toward those cursed rated 18+ games
Age rating is the one thing i will judge first before accepting the games.

Anti-Matter

FullbringIchigo

Unpopular Opinion: a linear story driven experience is better than a large open world full of fetch quests

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

nessisonett

@FullbringIchigo Or in the case of Final Fantasy VII remake, a linear story experience filled with fetch quests 😉

Wesker

@FullbringIchigo I largely agree, but I started playing Fallout 76, and I've found what makes large open world games full of fetch quests fun is coop. That's my unpopular opinion, Fallout 76 is good and open world fetch quest games in 2020 need coop.

Wesker

RogerRoger

FullbringIchigo wrote:

Unpopular Opinion: a linear story driven experience is better than a large open world full of fetch quests

I'd definitely support that statement, but only on a game-by-game basis.

An open world sandbox full of fetch quests playing host to an incredible story will always trump a linear experience with a dull, predictable tale to tell.

Suppose it comes down to story versus gameplay; which is more important to you?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ApostateMage

Hugely unpopular opinion - Nowadays, most western RPGs are much better than JRPGs.

ApostateMage

Strathnaver1

@ApostateMage

I'd probably concur, I love both types of RPG but do feel that JRPG's haven't really moved on much in terms of graphics & customisation etc, many of the game worlds have very similar small/linear structured areas that you constantly have to back track over to grind & level up, so it doesn't always feel like you're getting anywhere fast or have the option to just go off and explore the world/map etc, plus the fact that 99% of lead characters always seem to be some spiky haired teen moppet (a bit of variety now & again would be nice).

Definitely could do with some more games like Dragon's Dogma coming out of Japan, although I guess they then risk alienating their home audience perhaps if they're not keen on playing that type of RPG.

Strathnaver1

JohnnyShoulder

@ApostateMage I would agree, FFVII Remake is the first JRPG I've really enjoyed this gen.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

@ApostateMage Really not sure that's hugely unpopular to be honest, you'd probably find more fans of games like The Witcher and Skyrim than you would Persona and Trails of Cold Steel.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Anti-Matter

Both Mario Kart and Modnation Racers are billion times more interesting than any realistic driving games without items to smack onto opponents. Realistic driving games are really boring....

Anti-Matter

nessisonett

@Anti-Matter While I do think chucking bananas in Gran Turismo would be hilarious, the point of these simulation games is to get as close as possible to real driving. You might find it boring but the skill ceiling is high to encourage proper competition at a high level of play.

Anti-Matter

@nessisonett
Real driving is boring as hell.
No hilarious gameplay = no playing.
I play for whimsical things, not for a serious simulation to do something.
I will never want to join in any realistic driving games competition no matter how big is the prizes.
Sign me in for whimsical Kart games like Mario Kart or MySims Racing.

I don't drive car.
Not even have any interest to own a car.
Don't care at all if i cannot drive a car.
My life is much better without thinking about cars.
I ride mount bike instead.
No air pollution.
No thinking about gasoline.
Just only about my energy and my legs.

Anti-Matter

ApostateMage

You ain't down if you ain't into cars, guns, money and hoes. Sh*eeeeet.

ApostateMage

FullbringIchigo

OK everyone lets keep it civil, remember this is a place where people can share their opinions and engage in discord about them but here, in this forum no opinion is a wrong opinion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic