Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 2,161 to 2,180 of 4,448

zupertramp

One last thing: had a thought that maybe the guy in witness protection that Jimmy Woo was originally checking up on is Ralph, who is actually Peter from X-Men. Unlikely, since it's another universe but who knows maybe that's part of how witness protection works for metahumans or whatever we call them in MCU. Just trying to give myself hope that Disney didn't just troll me like that.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

ralphdibny

@zupertramp good to hear your thoughts on it too! Thinking about it now, the only time you see Darcy is in that I've cream truck isn't it? Like she's not in the rest of the episode at all unless I'm misremembering. I wonder if that has something to do with it being filmed during the pandemic. Hopefully they put out some special features if they havent already.

I have considered whether it might be better if the show went on for longer but I wonder if it would outstay it's welcome. My favourite episodes seem to have been the most MCU-esque episodes around the middle of the series. It's a weird one, I don't think the show would have been sustainable as a sitcom with a single moment of unrest like episode 1 but maybe could have worked if if the episodes were a bit longer and hinted more about the world outside. Was it season 4 of Lost where there were more off-islanders looking in/trying to get on to the island? Maybe something like that could have worked.

See ya!

ralphdibny

@zupertramp haha I think it may have been a partial troll with a possibility of a follow up. It's one of those things that I won't expect to amount to anything but would be pleasantly surprised if it did. I don't think there will be major incorporations from the X men films but there could be some, you never know!

See ya!

zupertramp

@ralphdibny guess we'll see. Or won't.

If it's not that I have a Desperate Housewives tie-in theory just for fun but understanding it requires having watched that show to it's completion so I won't bore anyone with that.

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

ralphdibny

@zupertramp lol what's that? I'm definitely intrigued but I haven't watched desperate housewives and probably never will. I guess you are aware of that theory that ties together hundreds of completely disparate TV shows into one universe and a series of sub universes? I forget what it's called now but it includes shows that are as drastically different as BBC's Luther and CW's Flash!

See ya!

colonelkilgore

Just finished my WandaVision binge and it seems like I’d have a lot of reading posts to see what everyone else thinks... for me though it was pretty blissful, mainlining some MCU again. I liked it a lot and feel it is a great set-up for the remaining multiverse chapters of Spider-Man: No Way Home and Doctor Strange: The Multiverse of Madness.

Let’s hope my restraint will remain as strong when The Falcon and the Winter Soldier starts airing!

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

I’m looking forward to WandaVision finale but am waiting until tonight or tomorrow evening when I get in the ‘lay on the couch and grab some popcorn’ mood.

@colonelkilgore @zupertramp Good to hear some feedback on some of the appleTV shows. I have a free year and I keep meaning to try them out, but none of the shows catch my eye very well. Glad to see the high praise for Lasso, and Servant. I wanted to try For All Mankind and See. Anyone watched See?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution I watched the first ep of See... and quite liked it (wasn’t amazing but would’ve carried on) but the missus really didn’t enjoy it so we left it there. I’m kinda hoping that if there are subsequent seasons, that they create enough buzz for to to effectively twist my missus’ arm into trying it again.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Ok, I’ll keep it in mind. Too many shows, games, and movies - too little time. I think Jason Mamoa is one of the coolest dudes in Hollywood, but for some reason he just hasn’t had a huge breakout yet. His GoT character was pretty good, but that was hardly stretching his acting skills. His Aquaman was fine, but held back by the awful direction and production of the solo movie. He has that Netflix show too that I wanted to try — Frontier, and now See. Neither of which have lit the world on fire, it would seem.
How about Mythic Quest or Amazing Stories? Tried either of those?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution tried ep 1 of Mythic Quest... it was okay but I’m not a big comedy person, so it isn’t my wheel-house.

I like Momoa but he strikes me as someone who would work best as a character/supporting actor than the lead... he just doesn’t have that much charisma imho. I’m fully prepared to be proven wrong though and would welcome an epic film/tv show led by him if he manages to pull it off one day.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Those were my thoughts too. He’s a perfect set-up to take the baton from Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson who’s getting a little long in the tooth and can’t be the young stud anymore. Mamoa would be a great fit in roles formerly considered for Johnson, and before him, Arnie and Sly Stallone. Yet, I can’t tell if he has the screen presence. Like you say, he withered under the spotlight as a lead in Aquaman, but that film had so many problems that how could we ever know what he’s capable of? I think I just talked myself into watching See. Unless someone can recommend Frontier.

Edited on by Th3solution

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore @Th3solution

Speaking of Momoa, the Snyder cut releases in just under two weeks. Sorry to jump in, I can hardly contain my excitement. 😬

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

nessisonett

@Jimmer-jammer Same, these daily trailers and images have honestly made it difficult to choose between the colour or B&W versions. The black and white makes it look like a Fritz Lang or Orson Welles movie when it clearly is just a superhero movie at the end of the day. I’d watch both but it’s four hours long!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Jimmer-jammer

@nessisonett I’ve been avoiding most of the near release buildup so the two versions is actually news to me, but that’s really cool. I’ll probably end up watching the colour version first. With that said, the B&W version of The Mist is the only version for me. It really makes it a better film in my opinion.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

zupertramp

@Jimmer-jammer @nessisonett that there's two versions is also news to me. I've also been avoiding the buildup. I'm looking forward to it but also kinda pretending it's not a thing so the anticipation doesn't get to me. As Red would say "Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane."

Jimmer-jammer

@zupertramp it will be nice to see the original vision fully realized and even expanded! Whether it’s any good remains to be seen but as someone who really enjoyed Batman V Superman, I may not be too hard to please.😜

zupertramp

@Jimmer-jammer i really, really liked man of steel but didn't love BvS. that said, I don't think it's as bad as everyone makes it out to be. look forward to watching both a couple days before the snyder cut.

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer I’m looking forward to it as I’m one of the few people who actually quite liked Batman vs Superman (well, the extended cut... and even then the Doomsday climax didn’t really work for me but hey) but it’s (JL: The Snyder Cut) is still not gonna be the real thing though as far as I can tell. WB only coughed up about half of what he needed to finish everything and even then, Snyder’s original vision of Justice League was as a two-parter and this will just be the first part (with Part 2 not on the table) unless I’m mistaken?

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore I’m not entirely sure. I wonder if, at four hours (6 chapters), his two part vision has been somewhat consolidated into this format. Either way, without mincing words, Justice League was an atrocity in my opinion and I’m hoping that this will at least wrap up the arch in the intended tone. Can’t wait.

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer no arguments there, the Justice League movie that was actually released is about as an injustice as could’ve been done to DC’s illustrious legacy.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic