Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 4,472

ralphdibny

@nessisonett nice one! I didn't even know what ep it was from tbh, I just remember having to cut poor Cisco out of it lol

Who was the baddy of season 4? I think a lot of the shows kinda have the down periods around the middle seasons, it's somewhere in between them being new and cool and them being an old comfortable friend so they drag a little after a few seasons before you get used to them can no longer do without them!

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny It was the Thinker, who had an extremely elaborate/nonsense plan but it was good fun! Arrow’s Season 4 was a complete car crash so good to see Flash didn’t do the same 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett oh yeah thinker was a good one, great actor and he had a great voice. He always reminded me a bit of a younger version of Walter Bishop from fringe. Definitely a unique character and better than Savitar (even if I loved professor alchemy for his alter ego)

See ya!

BearsEatBeets

@zupertramp I've not seen any of the programs you mentioned and to be honest I'm not sure what I've seen from that channel. I'll just have to hope that going by the rep of the showrunner that it turns out well. It sounds like it hasn't started full production yet so it might be a while until we can make any judgement.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

I read a worrying thing in a preview of Wandavision, that the Marvel TV shows are going to be a lot more interconnected to the movies. Which is already making my head hurt! 😬

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder I read the same somewhere, yeah. Brace yourself, buddy!

It's funny, because I've been binge-watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. lately and it started out feeling really connected to the MCU, especially during its first season. I'm now a couple episodes into Season Three and it feels totally separate, having morphed into its own thing. Any mention of the Avengers now feels like an awkward pop-culture reference more than anything else.

So you never know, best laid plans and all that... although, given how Disney are now positioning themselves to lean heavily on streaming and interconnectivity... well, we'll see!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

zupertramp

@BearsEatBeets And I've not seen Fargo or Legion so perhaps my worries are unfounded.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

ralphdibny

I watched through the first season of Spaced tonight on Netflix, such a great show and I forgot how funny it is!

See ya!

RogerRoger

Holy heck, Mando!

What a season finale! So many unanswered questions, but also so much resolution! That might just be my favourite episode to date; so expertly balanced. I can't wait for next year!

For two reasons, of course.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Great to hear! Hopefully I’ll be watching it later tonight. I’ll try to drop some impressions if I have them.

And ...Reason 1 = Mando season 3.
Reason 2 = ...? Being rid of the dumpster fire that 2020 has been? 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Oh, that's a good point. Make that three reasons, then!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Really good last episode of Mando. Not so sure of the ending myself, it was cool and all that but seemed a bit fan servicey for me. My initial reaction was to groan out loud, but maybe I'll warm to it. And oh my goodness the cgi was awful. I mean it is Cats level of bad. Almost.

Oh and make sure you watch until after the credits y'all....

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

zupertramp

@JohnnyShoulder I caught up on the last three episodes last night and had very similar feelings to the finale. And the more I think about it the less I like it but, oh well, I'm not that invested so I'll see where this goes.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder

So I was on the fence about The Mandalorian after season 1. I thought it was fine but very overrated... I did think it started to get good towards the season’s culmination though. The shows main strength for me at that time was that it at the very least ‘felt’ like Star Wars, unlike the prequel and sequel trilogies.

I did enjoy season 2 though, particularly the last 4 episodes. The reason my enjoyment increased is they strayed away from the ‘monster-of-the-week’ formula from early on and just bit the bullet and went all out fan-service. From the ‘The Jedi’ ep on I was fully engaged and that finale was very good. Felt like a conclusive end though, so quite surprised that there will be a season 3. Hopefully they will explore some of the Heir to the Empire trilogy that was briefly teased in the ‘The Jedi’ episode.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore It took me a few episodes to warm to in the first season. Like you, I appreciated it felt more like the original Star Wars film with what seems like more physical effects being used and with some episodes feeling like the old western films i used to watch with my dad.

I didn't mind the Monster Hunter episodes but was also glad not every episode was like that and later episodes were more like a space/planetary action drama like in the films.

I was ok with all the fan service bits early on as it was all pretty low key stuff, like droids and vehicles from toy ranges and earlier films. But with the second season they upped the ante, with characters popping up from the cartoons and original films. I was fine with this upto a point having never watched the cartoons so that is all new to me. But when they drop in a character from the original films for what seems to the sole purpose of them staring in a new series, I'm not so keen.

Overall I have enjoyed Mando over both seasons and it has restored my faith in Star Wars. I am willing to be quite open minded with the new stuff and take them for what they are. But alarm bells have started to ring with the shear volume of new shows they noticed, and I fear they will be come over saturated and interconnected like with with the Disney Marvel stuff. Of course it is going to be crazy popular and makes Disney huge amounts of money. But that doesn't mean i have to be on board with what they are doing.

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder

I get you... and you deffo have the right to be onboard with whatever you like. Personally, I’m a huge fan of the Marvel movies, so from my point of view some inter connectivity (if done tastefully and for the purpose of adding to character and narrative rather than ‘jumping the shark’) is a good thing.

As a massive fan of Star Wars for almost 40 years, I’m just glad that the ‘brand’ seems to be edging back to the track which I feels suits it best.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore I enjoyed most of the Marvel films but ended up getting fed up of all the inter connectivity towards the end. My favourite ones are non Disney too, Logan and Deadpool. Can't say I'm looking forward to many of the new shows or films either, but I think I'm a little burnt out on them at this stage.

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder

Two great movies for sure but it all comes down to personal taste of course. For me:

1. Endgame - you obviously have to have a pretty in-depth knowledge of all 21 movies that came before it to get the ‘absolute’ most from it (there are just so many clever call backs) but that final 45 minutes or so... I literally thought my heart was gonna explode through having to deal with adrenaline overload.

2. Captain American: The Winter Soldier - just the quintessential Marvel movie for me, tight but deep narrative and franchise best performances for Nick Fury, Bucky and Black Widow... ‘maybe’ for Cap too but that scene with Mjolnir during Endgame just (probably) swings it for me through joygasm.

3. Logan - great movie, great character piece and great culmination to Jackman’s (and Stewart’s) almost 20 year take on the character(s).

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Ralizah

Finished watching season one of Sweet Home on Netflix recently. Really neat show with some killer monster designs and decent post-apocalyptic drama. It's apparently the first Korean show to hit the top ten on Netflix in the United States, so it's cool to see something evolve from a simple webtoon to an international hit on the world's largest streaming platform. I even watched it with my mother, and I'd have bet money against her ever being willing to watch an asian show like this.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Is it related to the Japanese horror movie and NES classic of the same name?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic