Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 4,461 to 4,472 of 4,472

Zuljaras

@colonelkilgore You will love it

I kind of like that the Japanese from this period center everything around honor and that they don't consider that a life is worth living even in little shame. That small disregard for human life makes them so awesome

XandertheWise

the old TV show, Lost is leaving Freevee pretty soon. Dang it lol. I swear good stuff always start leaving Freevee. they're about as bad as Netflix sometimtes

XandertheWise

FuriousMachine

I'm four episodes deep into Sugar on Apple TV+ and I can't begin to describe how sucked in I am. It is as proper a neo-noir mystery you can possibly get, complete with the protagonist voice-over, jazzy soundtrack and a story where the layers of grime hidden under the L.A. glamour are on display. The show wears its heart and influences on its sleeve, even intercutting clips from classic noir films to surprisingly good effect. Colin Farrell was born for this role as the P.I. with quite a few secrets of his own who gets involved with a case that may very well be his undoing.
As a long time fan of the genre, this scratches an itch I've been waiting a long time to be scratched.

FuriousMachine

colonelkilgore

Watched the first 4 or 5 episodes of Ripley last night and overall I’m liking it. I’m a massive fan of the Minghella movie from the late 90’s so was interested to see this new take. It has quite a unique feel to it, at least for this current age. It’s very patient, with shots, scenes and line-delivery taking far longer than a modern audience is used to. That together with the shot selection and high-contrast B&W feels like Zaillian has gone for an Italian neorealism feel, which is very appropriate given the setting and period.

**** DLC!

XandertheWise

just wondering if Umbrella Academy is still a thing for Netflix or is that Rebel Moon all the craze now?

XandertheWise

LN78

Watched the first five episodes of "Shogun". I loved everything about it except the definitely not Tom Hardy bloke who plays John Blackthorne. He's a bit of a block.

LN78

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore August 8th when I just googled it. Which is good news, as I thought it had finished.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder yeah I was a bit surprised when I heard there’d be another season myself. Netflix are actually having a decent year to be fair.

**** DLC!

Pizzamorg

Late to the party but I just finished the first season of Reacher. Have to be honest, I was kinda disappointed in this. I heard really good things, but I dunno, this just sorta felt to me like any of the direct to streaming action titles you can find dozens of padding out streaming services anywhere. The one major difference here is this was stretched unnecessarily across eight episodes. Don’t get me wrong, there were some solid performances and I enjoyed the chemistry the core cast get to enjoy as the characters warmed to one another across the series, but I already feel like I forgot about 95% of what happened in this show and I just rolled credits.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

XandertheWise

binging through Season 2 of Justice League on Netflix. the old cartoon is still great but have noticed that some of the citizens do get killed by having their Lifeforce sucked out by Morgana and even Cyrus Gold getting shot up by rival gangsters in a flashback. I think that's cool but the show does get a bit gruesome once in awhile for an old kids and the show is also for adults but I'm just saying that the show does get a bit violent during Season 2.

Didn't Young Justice used to be on Netflix a long time ago?

XandertheWise

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic