Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 1,795

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder @zupertramp Most disappointing TV show of 2020? What do we reckon? I can appreciate what they were going for, and I actually thought some of the performances were quite good, but the scares were non-existent and the script had collapsed under its own weight by the end.

Sorry Johnny I forgot you've not actually finished it yet. Er, it gets really good in the last couple of episodes. Honest.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@zupertramp I spent more time posting on here than actually watching it. I only have to watch 2 and a bit episodes until the end, but not sure if I care enough to bother finishing it. I think also I've found most of the characters a bit annoying in some way, and have not connected with them in the same way like I did in Hill House. Apart from the cook, I couldn't care less what happened to any of them.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

I have to admit, I’ve only heard bad things about Bly Manor and that’s from people who loved Hill House 😂

Edited on by nessisonett

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 I think it is up there for me, fo sure. I've not been this disappointed in something for ages, so maybe I'm getting it in one big hit to the face.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Arrow Season 4 might be a bit rubbish but Diggle’s arms aren’t. That man is a specimen and a half.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

nessisonett

@Kidfried I only lasted about 15 episodes back when it first aired and I was watching it weekly. It’s one of those shows that just suits binging.

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Asking this over here, just to be tidy...

How does the third season of Twin Peaks hold up when re-watching it? Are you finding new details and thinking differently about it, or is it reinforcing your theories from before?

And yes, that was a tactical GIF deployment yesterday.

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

I watched that woodworking show last week on TV and noticed that one of the guys who was covered in tattoos had ‘88’ written on his face. Lo and behold, over the weekend, Twitter started talking about the Nazi on the woodworking show and now it’s been cancelled and won’t be shown on TV 😂

Thrillho

@nessisonett The best part was Sky saying it was the year his dad died.

The next day...

Untitled

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Ohhh noooo hahahaha that’s classic, you’d think somebody would have picked up on this somewhere on set?
Untitled

batwing47

@nessisonett I am late in responding to this, but I highly recommend that you stick with Legends of Tomorrow. The first season is really rough (Dominic Purcell has gone on record saying that the first season sucked), but the show ends up being a blast. I honestly dropped Arrow when they got to season 6 because there was too much melodrama.

Eat the path.

PSN: batwing47

nessisonett

@batwing47 I’m really enjoying Legends of Tomorrow season 1 to be honest, unless something really rubbish happens then I’m not sure why people weren’t fussed about it!

mookysam

@RogerRoger I'm curious to see how the revival holds up as it was one of those programmes where viewing it disjointed on a weekly basis wasn't necessarily the best way to enjoy it. I'm currently debating whether to get the third season stand alone or treat myself to the super boxset (despite already have the other seasons and film on Blu-ray).

#BlackLivesMatter

batwing47

@nessisonett I am glad you are digging it. People mainly had issues with the villain and the hawk people. In any case, it only gets better from season 1.

Eat the path.

ralphdibny

@batwing47 I liked Kendra but Carter was so lame, as was Vandal. Not sure if Kendra just got better because of her storyline after season 1, also Vandals much later appearance in the show gave me a chuckle!

ralphdibny

nessisonett

@ralphdibny @batwing47 Personally, I like how moustache-twirlingly evil Vandal is, he’s like a proper classic comics baddie. I really like Kendra but I feel like Carter was mostly underused so it’s hard to really tell if he’s a good character or not. I just wish they’d used different actors in the Egyptian flashbacks, they clearly would have been born into Egyptian bodies if their reincarnations all look different!

ralphdibny

@nessisonett I think that's basically it with Carter also his voice is too deep 😂. Smallville hawkman was a lot better if I remember rightly. I think Casper crump could be good as a different baddie but Vandal Savage is like a neanderthal and the Legends kept banging on about how he's this massive big bad and when he's on screen he's just a bit laughable considering how much they hype him up! Sorry I don't mean to bang on with my negative opinion if you are enjoying it! I'll try to zip it because I don't Wana spoil it!

ralphdibny

batwing47

@nessisonett @ralphdibny Ya, Hawkman was a big issue with the season 1. I also feel like they were still trying to figure out what to do with the show. The first season is a lot more dark/serious than the later seasons. I mean they got a dude who gives off serious Charles Manson vibes to play Vandal Savage, so what would you expect? Wentworth Miller is the highlight of the season for me. The dude is a seriously underrated actor. The joy of the later seasons is that they just try to have fun with the show. They don't try to force drama into the show in inorganic ways (looking at Felicity in Arrow). I may be a bit biased though, as I absolutely love Matt Ryan as Constantine and he is in the most recent seasons.

Eat the path.

zupertramp

This post contains some modestly spoiler-ish talk regarding the Arrowverse...

@ralphdibny It's interesting what works for some just completely misses the mark for others. Like Cryer's Lex Luthor. I just can't. He just doesn't pull it off imo. It was right around the time he showed up, coupled with the unintentionally comical "Like and Subscribe" baddies, that I just had to pull the plug. (I was already teetering when Brainiac came along.) I much prefer Lena Luthor and her mother as overarching nemeses.

Also concerning The Flash, while I thought the guy who played Elastic Man was fine, whatever he may have said on Twitter, anything that required his character's elasticity was just hard to look at. Then they underused Keiynan Lonsdale's Kid Flash and Violett Beane as Jesse Quick but really over did it with all the Wells characters. And I get that there isn't an unlimited supply but speedster villains just seemed to work so much better as mains in my view.

And more broadly I thought the smaller, more individual crossovers (like the musical) played out so much better than the grander multi-show, multi-episode events.

But these are all my rather humble opinions that I don't expect everyone else to share.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"And if your hands were metal, that would mean something."

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic