Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 2,081 to 2,100 of 2,383

nessisonett

@R1spam Mate it’s visible, pouring rain right overhead but I can see in the distance clear skies 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

R1spam

@nessisonett it's getting worse again, apparently if it gets called off the match gets played at St Mirren Park tomorrow 🤣

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

nessisonett

@R1spam Hahaha come on, get the UEFA officials into the Tony Macaroni Arena 😂

R1spam

@nessisonett Apparently Stenhousemuir were on twitter offering ochleview as a venue 🤣! Not needed now though, 12 points from 12. Feels unreal to type that out!

XBOX: Placebo G

nessisonett

@R1spam It’s crazy, I don’t think we’ve ever gone 4 in a row during these qualifiers! Euro 2020/21 was the first tournament they’d gotten to in my lifetime so I’m just hoping we get to Germany so there’s plenty fans in the stadiums this time!

QualityGeezer

What's everyone thinking about these Chelsea players to Saudi transfers? Seems very convenient too me

QualityGeezer

QualityGeezer

@nessisonett buzzing for you Scots really hope you qualify after a good start, not looking good for Wales tho

QualityGeezer

nessisonett

@QualityGeezer It’s been a struggle for Wales, wonder if Bale retiring’s hit morale as much as it’s hit them on the pitch. Just need to hope their rebuild doesn’t take the 20 years it’s taken us!

QualityGeezer

@nessisonett I think you might be right about morale, he was our talisman, not just him but Ramsey retired as well and Joe ledley, youngsters looked up to them but it's up to them too step up now

QualityGeezer

nessisonett

@QualityGeezer Joe Ledley was a tank at Celtic, maybe not the most creative of players but he was proper reliable. Scored some really important goals too!

nessisonett

@QualityGeezer Haha nah he played like 2 games for Rangers. It was always a bit of an odd move. Apparently it was 7 appearances on loan.

JohnnyShoulder

QualityGeezer wrote:

What's everyone thinking about these Chelsea players to Saudi transfers? Seems very convenient too me

And then there is the Wolves player being bought by a Saudi club then being loaned to Newcastle.

Something does not feel right with it all.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder It’s yet another way around FFP. The UAE bought all the titles they want through Man City, Qatar bought the World Cup, the Saudis want a slice of the pie. If they buy up enough clubs round the world then they can very easily artificially inflate prices of players to bump up the clubs’ finances while getting around these rules. Ruben Neves is a good player but that’s stupid money being paid for him just to be loaned out immediately to Newcastle. I’m not sure how loan fees are calculated into FFP but considering the two clubs are owned by the same people, there’s 100% dodgy stuff going on. Plus the Saudis own a piece of Chelsea while not actually saying how big the piece is, making these transfers seem even more suspicious. Turns my stomach seeing the Prem make a big deal and all that with their Rainbow Laces campaign with the teams funded the way they are.

KAIRU

James Maddison. What a signing!

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

nessisonett

@KAIRU Does that mean if you played Maddison, Kane and Kulusevski up top then you’d have a front 3 of Arsenal fans 😂

KAIRU

@nessisonett Probably. As long as those three are scoring goals for us then who cares? It’s irrelevant.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

JohnnyShoulder

@KAIRU Good signing, but feel your defence is a higher priority to sort out. Heard any that could be on the way?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KAIRU

@JohnnyShoulder Edmond Tapsoba and Micky Van de Ven are our top targets currently, I believe. They both seem like decent players so I'd be happy to get one — or even both! — of them in the door.

Edited on by KAIRU

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic