Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 2,061 to 2,080 of 2,383

nessisonett

@QualityGeezer It was like a punch to the gut, always loved Gerrard on the pitch. There’s a weird tradition in our family that you get a Liverpool top when you make your First Communion as well so it was a personal betrayal from the man 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

QualityGeezer

@nessisonett yeah was a strange one for me as a catholic always follow Celtic but love stevie G for all he gave our club just couldn't bring myself too get behind rangers

QualityGeezer

QualityGeezer

@nessisonett it's not a weird tradition the greatest Scottish players bar Dennis law have played for liverpool, souness dalglish, Hansen etc, have a long history with Quality Scottish players

QualityGeezer

KAIRU

@QualityGeezer Will be interesting to see if Liverpool can shift some of the deadwood in that midfield though. Though, maybe having some of those experienced players might help out some of the younger lads.

I saw James Milner is supposedly joining Brighton this season.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

QualityGeezer

@KAIRU yeah he's earned the right tho for what he gave the club, that's why I hate Daniel levy, harry kane has give everything too your team, let him go he deserves it

QualityGeezer

JohnnyShoulder

@KAIRU Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Keita and Firmino have all been allowed to leave club as their contracts had expired, if that is who you are referring to.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

QualityGeezer

If your girlfriend said I love you but I need too move on, nobody would say there is a ring on your finger so you have a contract so you cant go anywhere, apart from Daniel levy who Is a scumbag imo

QualityGeezer

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder It’s good to see a player like Milner keep playing to be honest, he still seems to be crazy fit for his age and could be a good mentor to younger teams in the Prem. Makes a change from Football Manager, where he always retires as soon as he can 😅

KAIRU

@QualityGeezer Aye, I actually want us to sell Kane if he won’t put pen to paper and sign a new deal. Can’t stand the thought of him going on a free - especially to somewhere like United.

@JohnnyShoulder Ah, I was actually unaware of their respective contract situations so that makes that part for Liverpool a bit easier. Finding the right replacements will be a whole different task but at least they’ve got one in the door already.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

QualityGeezer

I'm a liverpool but I hate Daniel levy genuinely think he's a scumbag

QualityGeezer

QualityGeezer

He's a business man who doesn't have spurs best interests at heart can't stand the man

QualityGeezer

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Apparently he was still one of if not the top performers when it comes to his fitness levels when coming back for pre-season last year.

@KAIRU Aye, they are after at least one more midfielder and maybe a left sided centre back. We are sorted up top I reckon, injuries permitting.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

9 POINTS OUT OF 9

Untitled

KAIRU

Dejan Kulusevski on a permanent deal announced yesterday. What a player. Our Swedish ginger. Hope he finds his form this season again under Postecoglou. Hope we could get Maddison in the door too.

It's also very ironic that we're wearing an all-white home kit in the season we're not getting any European football. Highly amusing and rather fitting.

sorteddan

Just heard that Bournemouth have axed O'Neill. Am pretty shocked as I thought he had worked a miracle by keeping them up after the Parker debacle. I imagine he will be fairly well compensated for his trouble though.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

JohnnyShoulder

@sorteddan Being a Southampton boy, I won't be crying a river for him.

But it is a shame when a manager that exceeds expections is sacked, seeing as they were one of the favourites to go down last year.

Darren Moore has also gone from Sheffield Wednesday, although officially that is by 'mutual consent'. Which I find a bit strange after getting them promoted. I know there is a bit of turmoil going on in terms of the ownership though.

sorteddan

@JohnnyShoulder
Yeah I was shocked to hear about Big Dave as well.
Regardless of club loyalties it has to be slightly concerning from a national perspective if young English managers can't hold into their jobs despite performing well and meeting expectations.

Have Saints got a manager yet? ... If not then you could do worse than O'Neill!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

nessisonett

Fully prepared to lose against Georgia tonight. It would be only fitting.

nessisonett

Farcical. We score and then the match is instantly postponed cause of the torrential rain.

R1spam

@nessisonett have you seen the weather map of Scotland?? The rest is bone dry, literal cloud burst over Glasgow!! Standard lol

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic