Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 2,383

stvevan

ball was in.

excellent by Japan.

stvevan

nessisonett

@KAIRU If I remember right, the goal was initially disallowed, so I genuinely thought that there had to be clear and obvious evidence that they made the wrong decision!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nomither6

so who’s excited for some real football tonight eh ? how bout them patriots 🇺🇸🇺🇸!

nomither6

nessisonett

@nomither6 Wrong thread, think the handegg one’s been shut down for inactivity.

CthulhuFhtagn

@The_Moose France 1998 is my favourite but yes I'm enjoying this one too. much better games than 2, 3 previous world cups. lots of surprises like Morocco, Japan, Tunisia, Australia, even USA. the only complaint is the host.

CthulhuFhtagn

nessisonett

Learned today that Jordan and Andre Ayew’s dad is Abedi Pele. How have I never learned this before 😂

nessisonett

South Korea!!! What a result!

nessisonett

Two Celtic players in the group stage XI! Voted on by the public, so there surely can’t be enough of us to rig it 😂

Untitled

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Is that the same Lamptey that plays for Brighton? If so, that is who my fantasy football team is named after! So that is something at least.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yep, that’s a couple of Brighton players too actually, with Caicedo and Lamptey!

sorteddan

@nessisonett
Aren't Estupinian and Mitoma also both at Brighton? And Mooy& Ryan were previously...
Are there enough Brighton fans to rig the vote?

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

nessisonett

@sorteddan You’re right, think there’s some sort of Brighton trickery going on 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett @sorteddan When Brighton and Celtic fans come together to rig a vote, you know there is something wrong in the world.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

Aww, Australia gave it a good go but that’s us set for a Netherlands v Argentina quarter-final, which is going to be a great match!

JohnnyShoulder

A repeat of the 98 quarters and the 78 final. The latter match was eventful to say the least!

nessisonett

England looking like they’re living up to their squad’s quality now. It’ll be one hell of a match with France!

Thrillho

How nice it is to have a comfortable knockout match, even if Senegal did put England under some decent pressure in the first half.

Fabulous play by Bellingham for the first two goals.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho The only issue with England is that first wee while to get going in each match. That could prove fatal against France given how scary they can be.

Thrillho

@nessisonett I do wonder if Safety First Southgate might go back to five at the back to cover Mbappe, maybe with Walker as a RCB with his pace (even if he looked a bit off it today).

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

Only just found out that Sterling has gone home to be with his family, after armed intruders broke into his home while his family were inside.

I know it is quite common for footballers homes to be broken into when they are at away matches, but this takes things to a whole new level.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic