Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 2,383

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder We do one in our house, just a bit of chocolate for the winner. It’s harmless as you say.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

What a result for Japan!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett We all put money in at work and whoever has the winning team, scoops the pot. If we have enough, we sometimes split the winnings up to 2nd and 3rd places too.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Dear God that second Brazil goal!

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett damn, doubt we’ll see a better goal in the tournament. Some serious balls on him to have a go and it was perfect. Wouldn’t be able to walk for a month if I tried that.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 It’s got to be a toss up between that one and the winning Saudi goal so far for goal of the tournament. The last couple of days have been lacking in creativity so hopefully we do see some more great goals going forwards but I kinda doubt it.

The_Moose

Unlucky Wales.

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

stvevan

Wales been one of the poorest teams so far, havent turned up....so will beat England lol.

they deserved to lose today

stvevan

ApostateMage

I'd say unlucky Wales but they weren't, they were really poor. Nowhere near as good as they were in previous tournaments. No doubt they'll raise their game against England though.

ApostateMage

nessisonett

Wales did a Scotland.

nessisonett

Sam Matterface and Lee Dixon on commentary

Untitled

The_Moose

As usual, England bottle the teams of the Anglosphere.

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

stvevan

1and i thought Wales were bad.

we have one world class player in Foden who cant get on the pitch.

please Gareth go after we get knocked out

stvevan

nessisonett

Well that was one of the most turgid 90 minutes of football I’ve sat through.

Th3solution

I actually watched some of that US v England game. Then I remembered why I didn’t like soccer.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution I used to go watch Partick Thistle with my papa and that was frequently more entertaining than that match was. Just goes to show that quality of players doesn’t always translate to what you get on the pitch. Mild hypothermia aside, I’d sooner go back to watching Scottish second division teams than ever contemplate buying tickets for an England v USA rematch!

Thrillho

It’s always nice when England have a dominant performance like the one against Iran that I didn’t watch and then follow it up with an utter turgid performance when I do watch.

Just an all round baffling performance, only made worse by Kane and Southgate saying it was a brilliant game.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic