Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 2,383

BearsEatBeets

@JudgeDredd I really don't get it. Maybe there is something to this Klopp 7th season thing. Hopefully just a poor spell not helped by injuries. Had a similar run the season before we won it. Maybe the World Cup break will do us a favour.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets I really think they’re missing Mané. Salah in particular does look a bit lost without him on the other side.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett yeah, I think you're right. I think they've underestimated how vital Mane was to the pressure at the top end of the pitch.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

Weird how Liverpool can smash one team mid week in the champers league and then have that result a few days later in the Premier league. It is almost as bad as when we had that really bad run the season after we won the league.

As it is with these things, it is not just one issue but a whole load of things bundled on top of each other. I still feel we can put a good run together and move up the table, and some of the teams above us look a bit inconsistent too so can be caught.

The World Cup can't come soon enough and I'm not even looking forward to it! 😂

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ApostateMage

I'm still quite optimistic that LFC will finish in the top 4. We just need a good consistent run of games, which this team is very capable of.

ApostateMage

nessisonett

Lol Rangers

nessisonett

@JudgeDredd It was the sort of result we were expecting against a team of that calibre but I’m beyond happy about that goal, it was a brilliant free kick and not many can sneak one past Courtois. It can only be a good thing for Jota’s confidence too, scoring in the Bernabéu.

nessisonett

@JudgeDredd The only time I’ve ever rooted for Rangers was when the players were racially abused by certain teams during their European games. That’s the only way I’m on their side! Same with England as well, those Hungary games were dreadful for it.

JohnnyShoulder

Christ alive, that was tense at the end v Spurs!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@Kairu Spurs might have got at least a draw if they decide to turn up in the first half for a change!

JohnnyShoulder

@Kairu Ah well, would wanna avoid them and Bayern Munich this early in the competition. Hopefully it will be third time lucky (in recent times) against Real Madrid.

JohnnyShoulder

@JudgeDredd Not sure if the the temperature will make that much of a difference, as I thought the temperature there now is comparable what the players would be playing in the normal summer tournaments?

I remember one in Germany a few years back and they kept stopping for drinks breaks, so I don't think it will be too different this time round.

MB81

I’ll be rooting for England, but also my adopted country Japan. Tough group for them.
I’d like to see Argentina win it, been supremely talented over the last 25 years but always bottled it.

PSN: MajorBriggs81
GT7 account: MajorBriggs81JP

nessisonett

I’ll be rooting for Wales and Canada! To be fair, if I rooted for every country I had family in then I’d be supporting half the tournament so I drew the line at two (mostly) English speaking countries that aren’t England 😂

sorteddan

Englishmen don't root for England.
We support, obsess, dream and inevitably despair.
We don't root.

@nessisonett
I assumed you'd also be for Iran and the US.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

nessisonett

@sorteddan Hahaha, no amount of rivalry with the English will make me root for the US or Iran! I’m sure those two will have quite the grudge match too.

nessisonett

@KAIRU Belgium’s last few tournaments make me think of England from 2002-2010 in that they have so much potential but they just don’t seem to bring it all together. They’re definitely a team that would be nice to see doing well. Shame that Shaun Maloney isn’t their assistant manager anymore though!

nessisonett

Already have the first dodgy decision of the World Cup 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Think there have been a fair few of those, even before the tournament had started.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder That’s true! Still have absolutely no clue why that first goal was disallowed though.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic