Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,781 to 1,800 of 2,383

JohnnyShoulder

Cheeky little assist by Firmino for the third goal.

Just hope we can keep Man City down to the one hat trick on Sunday lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Fight_Teza_Fight

Any reason that all the prem games kick-off at 2pm today apart from a city/Liverpool which starts pretty much straight after?
El Classico is at 3:15pm as well.
Did I miss a memo?

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

JohnnyShoulder

@Fight_Teza_Fight That is a bit strange, as there is usually at least one game at around midday.

Looks like Trent could go to the World Cup after all with James and Walker both potentially ruled out. I really hope Southgate doesn't pick his favourites even if they are not fit. That really does my head in when it comes to tournament football, even if they have recovered from the injury they will not be match fit.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I could see quite a few players from most countries missing out through injury. With it being mid-season, it’s practically asking for injury problems.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

@Fight_Teza_Fight I'm fairly certain 2 and 4:30 have been the standard kick-off times for Sundays for quite a long time. I think there are only sometimes midday games if there are extra games on a Sunday.

@JudgeDredd I think TAA could be very handy in a midfield role. @JohnnyShoulder I read Walker hopes to be fit in time but that could be wishful thinking maybe. Totally agree about taking not taking players that aren't fit and in form, we've done it too often.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Fight_Teza_Fight

@JohnnyShoulder That’s what I thought. Maybe they were trying to undercut the Classico but that makes no sense.
@nessisonett That’s why I’m not seriously worrying about league positions & CL right now. Who knows what’s going to happen. Players are going to be fatigued & will come back injured. Haaland not going to the WC & injuries forbid might be the reason City win the CL (hope not🤞🏾).
@JudgeDredd Absolutely agree. He’s mediocre at defending, but he’s too good offensively. Even if he isn’t starting you always want that ‘X factor’.
@BearsEatBeets Really? I’ve had a routine going the last few weeks where I’d have the games on one after the other while gaming. The timing is a bit silly though watching United, changing to Classico & then catch city Liverpool part way through.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

BearsEatBeets

@Fight_Teza_Fight Well, maybe midday games aren't as rare as I thought (I didn't really check) but 2 and 4:30 are the norm for Sky's Super Sundays. Unfortunately, I don't think they take other leagues into much consideration for scheduling.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

Well that was one hell of a match. Can’t believe it was only 1-0 to be honest.

JohnnyShoulder

Joe Gomez really stepped up his game today, great performance. And to think Salah almost went off shortly before scoring .

stvevan

im wanting to get rid of sky sports as i miss too many games. anyone recommend a decent stream site?

Liverpool were poor, think will target CL now. tho i wish Klopp would have praised forest more

stvevan

sorteddan

Is it ironic that Wrexham banning Paul Mullin wearing boots with a political slogan made the news and caused many people, including myself, to search for what the slogan was that was banned - meaning way more people have now seen them than would have it they hadn't banned them?
...or was that the point?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

nessisonett

@sorteddan Streisand Effect! Paul Mullin’s a legend though, he was proper brilliant for me in Football Manager 😂

JohnnyShoulder

Wow Barcelona dumped out of the Champers League last night. Looks like they need to pull some more levers lol.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Now I feel slightly better about us being put out too. And at least we didn’t get completely humbled like Rangers have been!

stvevan

3 of the 4 spanish teams out.

@kairu what do you make of Conte? spurs are so boring and negative to watch, starting with 7/8 defensive players, changing defenders when chasing the game. imo the PL has moved on from Conte tactics.

stvevan

stvevan

@kairu glad you happy, but i genuinely dont think you will win a trophy this year. struggling against any half decent team. would need some huge improvement

stvevan

nessisonett

@Kairu If Rangers do end up with the worst record in CL history then we’re not letting that go 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett @Kairu Dinamo Zagreb - in 2011-12 - lost all six games and finished with a goal difference of -19. Rangers have conceded 18 more than they have scored.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic