Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 2,383

JohnnyShoulder

Untitled

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Ah well, a 3-1 defeat but it could have been a lot worse. We were playing with a massively depleted team too. Bit of a let-off with two disallowed goals from Leipzig!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ProfessorNiggle

@Kairu I feel like the World Cup will be a blessing for a lot of clubs, maybe some players will lose their hot form (not Haaland). Arsenal got it spot on past few years tbf, we all clowned Arteta but they gave him time and he emulated his teacher Pep.

Only due to this I think Ten Hag will be a success if he is backed. United backed him halfway and there are still many holes in the squad. Yes people will scream about the money spent and the Glazers do this as a smokescreen so they appear to be backing the club. Reality is if they hired competent football people, the deals they did for their signings would've been quicker and cheaper.

ProfessorNiggle

stvevan

@themeganipple... half backed him? martinez, antony and casemiro total 200mil+

yet sits Casemiro on the bench, for someone who was so highly regarded, alot of his tactics so far have to be questioned, they looked clueless at city

stvevan

ProfessorNiggle

@stvevan nipple lol

Also, do you read? I said "yes people will scream about the money spent and the Glazers do this as a smokescreen so they appear to be backing the club. Reality is if they hired competent football people, the deals they did for their signings would've been quicker and cheaper."

Antony for £90m? We could've gotten him for £50m months earlier. Martinez £60m, if we acted earlier would've been £30m. Its how it goes every year. If we had competent football people, we wouldn't spend 4 weeks on each deal. We move so slow, throw money at everything. So, yes they spent money but they did not back him properly. We still didn't get a ball playing cm. Don't say Eriksen is because he isn't. Still didn't buy a striker (Martial better start being able to play 5+ games in a row). Total backing would've been getting ALL his targets, not half of them, not 3/4.

Reactionary much? We got outclassed against City. Thats 1 loss after 4 wins a row, we never got ahead of ourselves due to those wins. Casemiro on the bench because McTom was on the form of his life. If Maguire was on form he'd start over Varane. If Shaw was on form he'd start over Malacia. Why should it be different for McTominay???

ProfessorNiggle

ProfessorNiggle

@Kairu Thats good news to me! United have a lot of fringe players that won't go Qatar and it is a perfect opportunity to see what they can do and without the added pressure of winning.

Haaland will be kept frozen in a lab somewhere and he'll continue to tear it up when we resume. For me, I can only hope that when Pep goes, he will go. One or two more years until Premier League becomes competitive again lol!!

ProfessorNiggle

stvevan

@theMEGAniggle

nipple.... teach me for not using the reply button lol.

yes utd spent the summer dithering, too long on de jong...... why didnt ETH push for a different target earlier? martinez you had to out pay Arsenal. Antony a panic buy (looks good so far) because ETH got it wrong in first 2 matches. you didnt get a striker because again ETH dithered over Ronaldo, then doesnt use him.

sure mctom was in a bit of form but Casemiro is the best in the world at breaking up play, yet didnt start against one of best passing teams out there. as a tactical decision its terrible. the team didnt press, lacked any sort of plan. yes players should take criticism, but for me so should ETH.

if i was United manager i would request SAF has to go, no manager will fully succeed with him in the shadows.

stvevan

ProfessorNiggle

@stvevan well, he got it wrong but his targets were always the same. We didn’t panic on Antony, they just took too long to approach Ajax so they had to raise the price as it was so close to the end of the window.

Listen to yourself, dithered over a player he didn’t want to use? Obviously his hands are tied with that one. Why would he want to keep a player he doesn’t want to touch the pitch. Martial gets in over him even when he’s just come back from injury, tells you all you need to know.

ETH has got it wrong on occasion but masterclassed wins against very strong opposition, two things can be true at once you know. So we’ll lick our wounds with that City game and learn more.

SAF NEEDS TO SIT DOWN AND STOP MESSING THINGS UP, I agree with you

ProfessorNiggle

nessisonett

Please tell me somebody else saw Tony Adams doing the Full Monty on Strictly there, I’m in tears 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I only saw him in his underwear just as he was about to receive his scores!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder He’s been taking ‘up the Arse’ a bit too literally!

nessisonett

Well that was one hell of a game. Glad I tuned in, even if fantasy-wise it wasn’t the best for me!

nessisonett

@Kairu I saw that there as well. A real shame but after what happened with Eriksen at the Euros, I guess you can never be too careful.

nessisonett

Beginning to think Firmino has absorbed Salah’s life force.

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett Whatever it is I’m extremely grateful for Bobby of late. He’s been keeping the team afloat for quite a few games.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets At least Salah’s got a goal now!

Make that 3 😂

Edited on by nessisonett

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett He didn’t give you enough time to finish typing 😆. Hopefully that’s the start of his return to form.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets Time for him to perhaps go back into my fantasy team 👀

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett I’ll wait a bit longer to see if he sustains it, he’s soo expensive.
Maybe Klopp needs to bench him a bit more often to spur him on.

BearsEatBeets

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic