Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 1,781

nessisonett

@AdamNovice I’ve got family down in Middlesbrough so genuinely glad to see you do well. Especially at Man Utd’s expense of all teams 😂

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

nessisonett

Rangers beating Dortmund may be a fantastic result for Scottish football as a whole but I can’t bring myself to share their excitement 😂

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

nessisonett

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I bet a fair few people got a wedge if they put money down on that result!

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Well Bodø/Glimt absolutely exposed Celtic’s weaknesses. They were genuinely impressive to watch. I do believe in the team’s approach, it’s a hell of a lot of fun to watch but there are real problems with discipline. Oh well, if we win the league then all is forgiven 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Is that a football team or two characters from Lord of the Rings?!

Great result for Rangers! Didn't think they would get past Dortmund even after the first tie.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yeahhh, hard to really feel anything other than mild irritation but it’s at least a good result for Scotland’s coefficient 😂

JohnnyShoulder

In celebration of today's league Cup final, I present Donald Trump making the draw for the quarter finals of the 92 Rumbelows Cup!

EDIT: VAR sucks. 🤬

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

I'm quite pleased that for all his constant gamesmanship Kepa was the only player to miss a penalty.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Kairu

Harry Kane is the most complete striker in world football.

That is all.

Can usually be found doing something. Often seen wearing clothes.

PSN: NotQuiteKairu | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

Bale's goal for Wales last night is ridiculously good. Not bad for a player that has not played much this season.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Last night was great for internationals to be honest! That Bale goal really was fantastic and glad Wales are through even if it does mean Scotland will face them in the play off finals if we beat Ukraine (if that goes ahead). We also played great against Poland even if our winning streak came to an end due to the most insane dive in a friendly I’ve seen meaning Poland got a last minute penalty. And then North Macedonia put out Italy!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah it is a bit crazy that the European champions won't be at the World Cup!

@sukhis1986 I think some people don't rate him as much due to him not getting a great deal first team action. Which is fair enough, but if you at what he as achieved and his natural ability, I probably have to agree with you.

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder It's kind of sad how his Real career has fizzled out. He scored some fantastic goals like the one against Barcelona in the Copa del Rey final where he ran from the half way line and obviously that goal against Liverpool in the Champions League final.

Thrillho

JudgeDredd

@JohnnyShoulder Without injury problems blighting his career he could have potentially forced his way into a three-way tussle with Messi and Ronaldo. Mentality is such a large part of it too and his club football desire hasn't been anywhere near his international. Understandable when the media and "fans" treat you in such a shameful manner but still...

JudgeDredd

JohnnyShoulder

The usual uneventful Old Firm Derby, eh @nessisonett?

JohnnyShoulder

The usual uneventful Old Firm Derby, eh @nessisonett?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic