Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 1,742

nessisonett

While I’m sure the headlines will be about poor San Marino being absolutely slaughtered by England, we had a fantastic result here as well! A good night all round for the UK with Northern Ireland bumping Italy down to the play-off!

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett That's a good result against Denmark as they are a decent side! Portugal got bumped down to the play offs too with a late Mitrović goal!

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Can’t say it’s exactly great news for us that Portugal and Italy are in the playoffs now but thankfully we’ve got a home tie in the semis so won’t meet either of them 😂

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Iver

Manchester United. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wish I'd gone to work.

Iver

JohnnyShoulder

@Iver Obviously as a Liverpool fan I hope he gets a 5 year contract.

But I can't see him lasting too much longer. Especially if they don't get out of the group stages of the champers league.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Keith_Zissou

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

@Iver Obviously as a Liverpool fan I hope he gets a 5 year contract.

But I can't see him lasting too much longer. Especially if they don't get out of the group stages of the champers league.

I'd be surprised if he lasts the weekend, though stranger things have happened at sea. I love the guy as a club legend, but he's clearly reached the limits of his managerial expertise. Then there's the squad...

Edited on by Keith_Zissou

The concept of absurdity is something I'm attracted to.

PSN: Bundersvessel

Iver

@Keith_Zissou The losses are one thing but the performances are absolutely abysmal, and for a prolonged period of time. The entire club needs a shake up. They've never seemed less United.

Iver

JohnnyShoulder

@Iver @Keith_Zissou And up next in the Prem... Chelsea. Oh dear.

nessisonett

@Iver Forget Mike Bassett, bloody Bertie Bassett would do a better job.

Iver

@nessisonett Or even a Basset hound. Would be more entertaining on the sideline than the tripe wearing the kit.

Iver

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett @Keith_Zissou @Iver I reckon Bertie Bassett could do a way better job at this point.

Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Keith_Zissou

Carrick goes on a run of good performances and results, installed as full time manager in the summer, hang on…

Iver

@Keith_Zissou Whatever they decide let's hope the next chapter is better. At least on a performance basis. I don't mind losses but the manner in which they lost was the worst part.

Iver

Keith_Zissou

@Iver The squad as a whole have to ask themselves a lot of questions. No one at this level should have to have their hands held to put in a performance, of which there have been many terrible ones. Ronaldo was a mistake, another example of people at the top making decisions based on sentiment and nostalgia.

Edited on by Keith_Zissou

nessisonett

Fantastic. Celtic out the Europa League after throwing away a 2-1 lead over Leverkusen with 8 minutes to go. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother watching 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett And Rangers going through is another kick in the teeth for you!

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder True enough but after the awful conduct of Sparta Prague the first leg, even Celtic fans were hoping they got put in their place. You know it’s bad when Rangers are the lesser of two evils!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic