Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 2,383

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Welcome to the Liverpool supporters club! 😂

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder That draw is something else! Relatively happy with ours, I think we could have a go at finishing 3rd ahead of Shaktar Donetsk cause Leipzig and Real Madrid are surely going to ruin us. It’ll be nice to play Madrid though, don’t think we’ve faced them my whole lifetime. Rangers have the tougher draw for sure and I’m sure the Liverpool fans will do us proud given the rich history between our two clubs! Had to laugh at this absolute melt of a Rangers fan being… optimistic shall we say though 😂

Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

It feels like I'm watching highlights on eFootball when Nottingham Forest are on MOTD, with their sponsorless kit! 😂

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Except they’d be called East Midlands FC or something stupid 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett East Midlands Reds United 😂

nessisonett

Real Madrid really play the most boring football I’ve ever seen. I have no idea how a team winning 3-0 can look so indifferent. They just pass around their own half. I’ve seen Celtic lose against a hell of a lot of European teams over the years but at least there was a flicker of passion and creativity from those teams.

R1spam

@nessisonett to be fair, they won the champions league last year and played pretty indifferently for a lot of their knockout games, they are just insane at converting their chances and managing games.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

nessisonett

@R1spam The sport is treated like their family is being held at gunpoint. Just robotic motions. Definitely a far cry from the Galacticos.

JohnnyShoulder

Well that is Tomas Tickle sacked from Chelsea. He was getting grumpier with every interview.

I can see Poch being their next as he is the only decent manager available. Or Graham Potter from Brighton, but they will have to pay through the roof to get him.

sorteddan

@JohnnyShoulder
In a way its no surprise, like you say he was just bitching and moaning every time i head him in recent weeks. In another way its a massive shock given how much money they've just let him spend - especially the decision to bring in Auba, who another manager like Potter may want nothing to do with.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

JohnnyShoulder

@sorteddan Yeah the timing is well odd, given that they have just spent loads in the transfer window.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

Well that is Tomas Tickle sacked from Chelsea.

That’s either a nickname I’ve not heard before a great autocorrect

Bring back Josie I say!

Thrillho

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I reckon Poch is a good shout. He’s out of work and seemed to enjoy the PL more than Ligue 1.

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho I heard on the radio once and can never see or hear anything else when it comes to his name. 😂

sorteddan

I am at the point where I only watch England matches and international games out of a sense of duty. I really can't be bothered with this Nations League thingy. When I looked up when the matches were on I was quite happy it was Friday evening when I'm working so I can justify to myself that I only have to watch highlights rather than the whole thing.
Not sure if it's a too much of a good thing due to the amount of Prem games I get to see, or just the standards or quality of football that's putting me off.
How's everyone else feeling? Looking forward to the games?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

JohnnyShoulder

@sorteddan I've not watched an England game outside of tournament football for years now, not even qualifications. Think I got a bit disillusioned with it all after Iceland beat us and never been able to get back into it fully.

sorteddan

@JohnnyShoulder
Oh I have to watch qualifiers (where possible) otherwise I would feel that I was just jumping on the bandwagon when it came to the tournaments. I'm struggling with the Nations League though, I suspect it only exists because UEFA weren't making money on friendly match TV coverage.

nessisonett

@sorteddan Nations League is a lot more important for countries like Scotland. We qualified for the Euros through it and now we’ve taken control of our league with a 3-0 win over Ukraine and could end up qualifying for the next Euros. At this rate we could end up in League A next time, while teams like France and England are sitting bottom of their group and could go down to League B!

sorteddan

@JudgeDredd
Well it's been a long while since I had that enthusiasm but glad that you and others still have it, it's why football maintains its position at the top of world sport (arguably). Also hope that I miss an absolute cracker of an England victory tomorrow!

@nessisonett
Yeah makes sense. Maybe I'd enjoy it more if we could win the games and top the group. Good luck to your boys if you make it to the big leagues.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic