Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 2,383

JohnnyShoulder

@Iver Who do they get in if Ole goes? And where does he go afterwards? No team in the top half would take him, surely.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I’d be happy with a straight trade. Ole for Steven Gerrard 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett The day that happens, the world has officially ended.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@Iver Not sure if Pogba has anything to with the 4 goals conceded before he came on...

BowTiesAreCool

I was at OT yesterday. It was as depressing/hilarious as you think it was. Little fights breaking out all over between people leaving and the people having a go at the people leaving for leaving.

Ole will stay for now. So will world cup wining Paul Pogba.

Edited on by BowTiesAreCool

BowTiesAreCool

nessisonett

I knew Gerrard would go down south!

N1ghtW1ng

@nessisonett

It was inevitable, I think he's getting all the experience he needs so that he can succeed Klopp eventually. I think Gerrard will do well at Aston Villa. As a Newcastle supporter, I wouldn't have mind if Gerrard was appointed as the new gaffer instead of Eddie Howe.

Performance > Resolution
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

PSN: Ra33z_19

nessisonett

@N1ghtW1ng Look on the bright side, at least this way Eddie Howe won’t be linked with every single vacant job going!

N1ghtW1ng

@nessisonett

I'm totally happy with Howe's appointment to be honest. I think I have read in the book Soccernomics that, of players who become managers, a statistically significant number of successful managers were midfielders during their playing days. Looking at Gerrard and Vieira as examples, that seems to reinforce this claim.

Performance > Resolution
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

PSN: Ra33z_19

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Until he gets sacked if/when they want a bigger name. Obviously not wishing that on anyone and I think that is a good appointment, but only in the short term.

I can can see the Newcastle situation be very similar to Everton, where they chuck loads of money around and still not much better off.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

FM22 is out. There goes my life.

Untitled

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Important goal for the Scots!

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I was convinced that we’d end up drawing against Moldova and needing a result against Denmark, as that’s usually the way of things 😂

nessisonett

Unbelievable tackle from Kieran Tierney to preserve the clean sheet. Into the playoffs!

nessisonett

While I’m sure the headlines will be about poor San Marino being absolutely slaughtered by England, we had a fantastic result here as well! A good night all round for the UK with Northern Ireland bumping Italy down to the play-off!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett That's a good result against Denmark as they are a decent side! Portugal got bumped down to the play offs too with a late Mitrović goal!

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Can’t say it’s exactly great news for us that Portugal and Italy are in the playoffs now but thankfully we’ve got a home tie in the semis so won’t meet either of them 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@Iver Obviously as a Liverpool fan I hope he gets a 5 year contract.

But I can't see him lasting too much longer. Especially if they don't get out of the group stages of the champers league.

JohnnyShoulder

@Iver @Keith_Zissou And up next in the Prem... Chelsea. Oh dear.

nessisonett

@Iver Forget Mike Bassett, bloody Bertie Bassett would do a better job.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic