Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,481 to 1,500 of 2,383

nessisonett

@Kidfried Apart from the whole penalty that 100% wasn’t a penalty situation. Even the English commentators didn’t think it was a penalty.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Kidfried

@nessisonett I think it was very much a penalty. Regardless, just so dumb of Denmark to fall for the trap Sterling set. I started the match kind of supporting the Danish, but they made so many mistakes and bad decisions, that it was just hard for me to watch.

Kidfried

sorteddan

I generally have a sulk and reluctantly watch the remainder of the tournament after we get knocked out. So at least I don't have to put up with that this year.
Also drew England in work sweepstake so now gonna get a payout as well.
Strange days indeed.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

sorteddan

@nessisonett
Must be a new experience for you too, having so many of our opposition to support in one tournament

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Thrillho

Untitled

Cracking free kick from the Danes but some baffling substitutions from them too.

England got the job done though. Only thing was I thought Sancho would have been better than Grealish coming on and the right wing position is the only one Southgate seems happy to change during a game.

Thrillho

AdamNovice

Was hoping Sony dropped some big news during the game since most of PS's staff are English, wouldn't have been an ideal time.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Thrillho

I'm kind of feeling a bit non-plussed about tonight at the moment. I don't know if that's just because I've been watching the matches by myself (well, with the wife anyway) and it is also feels a bit weird to have the final on a Sunday too. Maybe that's normal and we're just not used to being in them

It sounds like it's back to a five at the back like against Germany. I get that it's probably safety first but it's a bit frustrating when we've got so many excellent wingers who can't get into the XI even with three at the top.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho It’s a hard one. Italy are really quite dangerous at the wings so I can understand going for 5 at the back. But then they’re solid and experienced enough at the back that you’d be wanting the extra men at the front end too. They’re not a team with many weak points you can exploit.

Thrillho

@nessisonett With two defensive mids it becomes seven at the back though. It worked against Germany though so… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho It’s alright, Craig Levein once played zero strikers for Scotland in a must-win game. So Southgate at least knows more than him 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Southgate has got us this far, so I think he has more than earned a bit of faith from fans in his team selection and tactics.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Wow what in the world

JohnnyShoulder

Decent match so far and looks like the game plan is working for England. Rice looks like a man on a mission tonight. Italy came into the game towards the end, but have only been restricted to a few long shots.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

R1spam

Probably more on England's bench to change things than italy's. Shame for Italy about chiesa. Officially I'm ancient as I remember his dad playing!! Chance for Grealish to win this?

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

JohnnyShoulder

I have no idea what formation England are supposed to be playing with those last twos subs! 😂

Looks like Southgate found a way to get all the wingers on...

nessisonett

God I hate penalties. If only there was another way to settle these sorts of matches. But it’s been properly close the whole match, with both teams having great chances. Horrible for it to end like this.

nessisonett

Absolutely gutted for the England team. Penalties are not a way to lose after putting in a great performance all tournament. Hopefully Rashford, Saka and Sancho are remembered for what they’ve done right and not that split-second moment. I hate penalties.

R1spam

Well played England to get to the final. Would have been an almost 67 Wembley wizard air to being the only team England couldn't beat but turns out, football is coming to rome

XBOX: Placebo G

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic