Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 2,383

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah his movement is way off his usual standards.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Hahaha guess I should take that one back!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

Blimey, we've only gonna done it! Only 2nd time I recall beating Germany in a competitive fixture in my life!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

sorteddan

I think I didn't breathe for about 10 minutes after the first goal. That was tense.
COME ON ENGLAND

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

nessisonett

Not exactly the most fun game of football on the planet but they got the job done. Now to find out whether I’m buying a Sweden or Ukraine strip 😂

Thrillho

Not a great performance but Germany were pretty bad. That Muller miss though!

Thrillho

sorteddan

After watching next round opponents and seeing the side of the draw we are on, that's it - I am now officially carried away... it's coming home!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

andreoni79

Thanks to my stupid job yesterday I've watched only the second half of Belgium-Italy...
England-Italy sounds a reasonable final now, with England obviously favorite to win the second place medal.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

nessisonett

@andreoni79 I honestly think a Denmark v England semi could go Denmark’s way. England have more quality than the rest of that side of the draw but they don’t have the attitude. Denmark have the passion and killer instinct that England have been lacking and that’s probably the only scenario where I can see England failing to make the final.

R1spam

@andreoni79 tasty semi final ahead against Spain. If Spain turn up and remember how to take some chances it will be a tough one but Italy have been my favourite team to watch. Cutting edge but with a bit of steel and good subs. Hope your not working for that one!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

nessisonett

Oh wow that was fast. Kane seems to have finally found his footing.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Thank you for unjinxing him! 😂

andreoni79

@nessisonett England is clearly the favorite. They keep winning even if they have no clue about playing football.
Let's see what happens in the 2nd half...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

nessisonett

England seem to be playing headball, not football 😂

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett Whatever it is they're doing, long may it continue. Don't think I've ever been that relaxed watching England in a tournament that second half. Happy for Hendo getting his first England goal too.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Kidfried

I can't see England losing to Denmark. The team has had a really solid tournament so far, and all athletes are so very fit, and that's going to matter a lot in these last matches.

(And then they'll probably lose out to Italy in the last match)

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@andreoni79 Not sure what you mean when you say England not having a clue about playing football. No team gets this far into a tournament unless they can play.

@BearsEatBeets It's a strange feeling and I'm not quite sure I can get my head round it lol.

JohnnyShoulder

That 2nd half of extra time was torture! But wow, never thought I'd see England in a final after so many years of disappointment.

Bit of a soft penalty, but though England were the better team overall anyway, so deserved the win in the end.

Kidfried

Congratulations to everyone from England!

England and Denmark both played a terrible game, but at least England played reliable, without too many mistakes, so they won this match deservedly.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic