Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 2,383

sorteddan

In-Ger-Land In-Ger-Land In-Ger-Land
In-Get-Land In-Ger-Land In-Ger-Laaand
In-Ger-Land In-Ger-Land In-Ger-Land
In-Ger-Land IN-GER-LAND

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

BearsEatBeets

Who needs ITV score updates when you just pay attention to the random boos and cheers from the crowd. I know it’s mainly friendly rivalry and would like to think most would prefer to see all the home nations do as well as possible.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

themcnoisy

@BearsEatBeets gutted for Scotland no booing here and would have loved to see them through.

England played a lot better last night. Then again we rode our luck massively in the first half. Sakha looked great dribbling through, exactly what you need to do in international footy to break the lines. Grealish played well too. Still not sure on our DMs, hopefully Hendo can get back in the team they look real shaky. Otherwise top of the group and building into the tournament so pretty happy now.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

Poor Wales. I’m happy for Denmark after the tournament they’ve had but not a nice watch for the Welsh.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

sorteddan

Some good goals and confident performance from the Danes. Enjoyed that game.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

JohnnyShoulder

Danes had almost total control of that game. Very well organised and played some noice stuff at times too. Having lived in Wales for about 20 years I will always have a bit of a soft spot for them.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Wales had my support by way of also being a home country and not being England 😂😂

nessisonett

@Egglardchicken69 We might be out the Euros but there’s still another game at Hampden. And let’s face it, it’s not the players at risk, it’s the fans. Who are distanced. And often wearing masks.

nessisonett

@Egglardchicken69 Because they’re rigorously tested to the point that Billy Gilmour just interacting with two England players meant they missed the next game. It’s the fans who can’t be controlled as much.

nessisonett

@Egglardchicken69 I’m beginning to think that this is a sock puppet account.

JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Kidfried

What a match between Italy and Austria yesterday. Amazing game, and both teams would have been deserved winners. Italy wasn't brilliant of course, but Austria legitimately performed so much better than they showed in the group phase up to that point.

For tonight I'm expecting we'll see Portugal and The Netherlands come out on top.

Kidfried

sorteddan

After the Italy Austria match I thought maybe they should start with extra time and not bother with the main game. Just a thought

nessisonett

Oh boy those games were mad today. Feel for Mbappe but somebody had to miss.

Thrillho

@Sorteddan ...or maybe just start after 80 minutes based on today

What a bonkers couple of high quality matches. England/Germany up next...

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho I did love how Clive Tyldesley and Ally McCoist were bigging up tomorrow’s huge match… Sweden v Ukraine!

ApostateMage

Quality entertainment in today's games. Imagine not being into footy!

ApostateMage

JohnnyShoulder

Some quality matches over the last couple of days. That France v Switzerland game was really entertaining. That Pogba goal. WOW. Just goes to show that no team should be written off at this stage.

Which leads up to a drab game tomorrow with Germany winning 1-0 with dodgy penalty.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

sorteddan

What a couple of stunning matches. Hope they haven't used up the goal quota from this round. Spain now have 10 goals in two games and as for the reigning world champs, say lavvy

nessisonett

Honestly don’t think Kane should have been in the starting 11. Doesn’t look like he even wants to be there.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic