Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 2,383

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder would you agree that champions League experience helps?

Anyway I think Sancho is my first name on the teamsheet. I dunno what attitude problems he had but he's world class. One of the top 10 players in the world. Yet he's on the bench. I'm baffled and perplexed. Weve had 3 shots on target and the dribble master Sancho who is used to teams backing up and playing in the low block, can't get a game.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy No not always. That should never be a factor for selecting someone for the first XI.

I think we need to have someone like Own Goals in the pitch. Top scorer so far.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Billy Gilmour has Covid. We’re screwed.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Col_McCafferty

England need to play for a draw tomorrow, maybe even a narrow defeat will be enough to go through.

We really don't want to be playing one of France, Portugal or Germany in the next round even if the match will be at Wembley.

If we do then that's tournament over unless we get really lucky on the day.

Col_McCafferty

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Mount and Chilwell are self isolating after being in contact with Gilmour. They are a doubt for the game tomorrow now.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder You’ve got to wonder who brought it in then. Since none of the rest of the squad have tested positive. Could be any number of backroom staff at Wembley or Gilmour could have just been a silly boy.

nessisonett

Oh boy the final day of Group B is a right thriller!

sorteddan

Why is it, when I have to pick from two games, I always manage to pick the least entertaining one?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

nessisonett

@Sorteddan Did you also watch the Belgium v Finland one then 😂

sorteddan

@nessisonett
Yup.
Thinking I may watch your boys tomorrow to guarantee the best England performance coz I won't be watching it!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

nessisonett

@Sorteddan But then you might miss a thrilling 0-0 draw between England and the Czechs 😉

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder @nessisonett I can only assume they’ll have negative tests and been fine. It doesn’t seem to make much sense for two England players to self isolate but not Scottish ones..

Thrillho

sorteddan

@nessisonett
Yeah and I might miss all the players overly celebrating that 0-0 as if it was an achievement (ahem)

nessisonett

@Sorteddan Hey, for us that’s a good result!

sorteddan

@nessisonett
Yeah sorry. Just teasing. I hope both can join the Taffs in the next round.

nessisonett

@Sorteddan It would be nice for all three Home Nations at the tournament to make it through but I’m not exactly optimistic 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57560206

Speaking on Monday evening about whether the pair would be available for Tuesday's game at Wembley, he told BBC Radio 5 live: "You would have to say at this moment in time they are a big doubt for tomorrow.

"The worst-case scenario would be that the two boys would be out for 10 days from the game last Friday."

England are guaranteed a place in the last 16 of Euro 2020 after Monday's results, but will go through as Group D winners with victory over the Czech Republic.

Chilwell and Mount were seen hugging and speaking to Gilmour after the final whistle of Friday's game.

Public Health England (PHE) guidance states that someone could be considered a close contact and might have to self-isolate if they had a face-to-face conversation within one metre, or had been within two metres of someone for more than 15 minutes who tested positive for Covid-19.

A PHE spokesperson said: "PHE is working with the FA to identify close contacts of Billy Gilmour and any risk to other players and staff."

The Scottish FA (SFA) says PHE deemed that none of the other Scotland players had to self-isolate as there had been no close contact.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder It’s a classic case of both teams listening to different advice. The SFA’s people have said ‘nope no problem here’ whereas the FA clearly had different advice and are making them self-isolate as a precaution. Bizarre.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett When I first saw it, I initially thought surely they would definitely miss the match if the have been in contact and have to self isolate? But I guess they have been told two different sets of advice. You would have thought this sorta thing would have been set in stone by now.

nessisonett

Ah damn, we scored a goal, there goes that record of scoring zero goals!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic