Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 2,383

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Hey, I won the Premier League with Hartlepool in Football Manager, I’ll have you know 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett The job is yours!

What about Frank Lampard? Him and Stevie G up against each other again.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder That would be pretty cool actually. Dunno what Lampard’s up to these days.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Taking turns walking the dog with his missus apparently! 😂

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

hypnotoad

Play off final is a great game.
Come on Brentford.

hypnotoad

nessisonett

@Arugula Pretty gutted to be honest. Especially after those boos from the Chelsea fans before the game.

nessisonett

@Arugula Chelsea fans have a reputation for a reason. Wasn’t that long ago they were doing Nazi salutes in Lille and blocking black people from boarding trains. At the end of the day it was two teams owned by mega-billionaires so neither are particularly easy to like.

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula @nessisonett I would have preferred Man City to win as they have not won it before. But then Tuchel has not won it before after coming close, so there is that as well. And I find him quite a likeable character from waht I've seen of him.

Thrillho

@Arugula England also have the unfortunate handicap of Gareth Southgate. I am still astonished he finally dropped Dier from the squad.

Thrillho

nessisonett

Scotland are obviously winning the Euros.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I’m not sure how I feel about that one. Part of me feels that maybe it would be best to lie low for a couple of seasons and rebuild. Especially with the board reshuffling too. But then I’d prefer a manager with a bit of personality to properly compete with Gerrard!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I would love to know what goes into the thinking to these things and the criteria they have chosen for the new manager.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Absolutely yeah. No offence to the guy but... why him? I understand that he knows the new director of football at Celtic or something but is that all it takes?

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah that did sound a bit Dodge.

JohnnyShoulder

@Jecht_Ultima And 3 players that are injured or only just come back from being injured. 🤦‍♂️

nessisonett

Absolutely fantastic performance from Scotland tonight against the Netherlands. Unfortunately had to settle for a draw due to a free kick from what was absolutely not a foul! Still though.... dare I say it’s coming home? 😂

nessisonett

Really really scary stuff with Christian Eriksen collapsing on pitch. We can only hope he’s alright but I’ve never seen anything like this.

ApostateMage

Awful awful awful scenes. I can't believe the cameras kept focusing on him getting CPR.

ApostateMage

nessisonett

@ApostateMage Yeah, it was really uncomfortable and must have been distressing to the many many people watching at home. I personally think they should have cut the feed when they saw how serious it was.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic