Forums

Topic: The Pushsquare Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 1,451

Arugula

WTF is happening? No fans. No rhyme. No reason.

Upset the order.

Arugula

JohnnyShoulder

Yeah strange start to the season (well since restart really with Barca getting twonked too) with loads of goals and not many clean sheets or draws. Villa kept getting in behind Liverpool's high defensive line and looked like scoring every time.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

While you all collectively weep for your respective teams, I’m just laughing maniacally. You can get me back during the European matches 😂

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

Arugula

@nessisonett I'm a United fan and I feel vindicated, honestly. Everyone is an armchair expert but everything I've said for a while showed up today with aplomb.

Arugula

BearsEatBeets

3 of Villa's goals were big deflections of off defenders, freak game. What happened the last time a team narrowly avoided relegation then got off to a cracking start the next season? Worth putting a few quid on Villa for the title?

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

ApostateMage

I knew laughing at my manc mates would come back to bite me in the arse.

ApostateMage

nessisonett

So Armstrong, Christie and Tierney are out of Scotland’s squad for the Euro playoffs due to Covid. There goes our chance of making it to the first international competition in my lifetime 😂

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Where they at the same party as the England lads?

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

Off to Serbia for the playoff finals! Horrible, horrible game and we had to go to penalties but that was tense 😂

nessisonett

Just going to casually drop that Scotland have now gone 8 games unbeaten while England have gone 0 😉

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

I don't get how Pickford didn't even get a yellow card for that tackle on VVD earlier. Completely took him out.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder It was painful seeing the replays. I'm just grateful he walked off instead of on a stretcher. He would have been onside last season too but now they count to where the T-shirt sleeve ends.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets If a player is fouled the offender should be penalised, regardless of whether it is offside. Ridiculous rule imo.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder Seen a few tweets about it and apparently you can still give cards in that situation so it seems to be more why did Martin Oliver not consider it or get told to look it at again.

Joke of an offside at the end too.

Anyone paying the £15 for the box office games? I'm sure as hell not paying that on top of what I already pay for the sports channels.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

Urgh. 2-0 loss to Rangers. It was bound to happen at some point but really not a good result at this point in the season. Considering nobody’s went 10 in a row, I’m beginning to think it’s cursed.

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Apparently 'VAR had failed to check whether it was a red card due to the analysis of the offside and, as it was a SUBJECTIVE decision, they ruled Pickford had made a genuine attempt to play the ball.' Yeah the offside was stupid as well.

Nah not paying 15 quid for any games. That is almost as much as I pay for a month of Sky Sports. I hardly ever watch other matches unless Liverpool are involved anyway.

Arugula

United actually got the job done before the final whistle and didn't look like a bunch of wasted non-league part-timers this week (in the highlights anyway).

Not that anyone gives a stuff, I'm sure, but my site interaction will dwindle somewhat for a while because it's peak season where I live, until spring. "Crunch", if you like. 😉

Arugula

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic