Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 2,383

nessisonett

It seems like he’s woken up in hospital. That’s a massive relief.

Edited on by nessisonett

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

I’m not really a football fan but I happened to be watching this evening. Just one of the most distressing things I’ve ever seen. The fact that apparently he has stabilised seems like a miracle given the horrific scene that was witnessed by millions… thank god though. Seeing Casper Schmeichel consoling Eriksen’s wife was heartbreaking and brought tears to the eyes of both my partner and I, so hope he continues to improve.

**** DLC!

Col_McCafferty

Awful scenes but the good news is that Eriksen is reportedly responsive and now in a hospital.

Loved the guy when he played for Spurs and was very emotional seeing him collapse like that.

Col_McCafferty

BearsEatBeets

I'm glad I decided not to watch the game and only discovering about this now when it seems he is awake in hospital. Hopefully he has a quick and full recovery.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

ApostateMage

So glad to hear that he's responsive. I can't get those scenes out of my head. Absolutely shocking.

ApostateMage

Thrillho

If it’s going to happen, being somewhere where there will be a lot of people trained in CPR and with a defibrillator immediately to hand is certainly going to help (whatever he had will have been something that a shock would help correct, whereas most cardiac arrests in hospital won’t be helped by a shock and have a terrible outcome).

Great to hear he’s awake but at the very least that’ll be the end of his career. Insignificant in the grand scheme of things though.

Thrillho

andreoni79

Kudos to Lukaku yelling his love to Eriksen after his first goal. It's great to see friendship being so important in a sport that can be most of the time just a matter of avarice and egocentrism.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Kidfried

Rooting for my home country tonight. Haven't been blown away by the games and the quality of play this Euro so far. I think Italy was most promising against Turkey.

(Also: France will win)

Kidfried

nessisonett

Probably good for us if England win too. It’ll be very difficult to root for them though 😂

nessisonett

@JechtUltima Maybe he’ll have a sing-song 😂

nessisonett

Croatia looking quite a bit shakier than I expected. Does this open up a chance for both of us to go through 😂

nessisonett

@JechtUltima @Arugula Thought Phillips put in an excellent shift there. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him start against us too.

Thrillho

The noise at Hampden is incredible. Even more so seeing as it’s reduced capacity!

Thrillho

nessisonett

@JechtUltima @Thrillho I’m seriously just happy to be at a tournament. The result doesn’t even really matter, it’s great to be in such good company and the Czech squad is looking pretty dangerous to me.

JohnnyShoulder

Yeah the crowd have made a good noise for the Scotland game.

BBC are showing all their games in 4K UHD, but only on the iPlayer.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Bit disappointing scoreline at half time. I honestly think we’ve been the better team for most of it. McTominay had a case for a penalty too right at the end there, zero contact with the ball and got brought down in front of goal.

Thrillho

Cracking overlap, cross, and header there though.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Absolutely, there aren’t many teams who could defend against that one. Sheer quality.

nessisonett

@JechtUltima Yep. Feels like it.

nessisonett

Just typical. So, so many chances and not a single one of them going in. Letting in that howler. Swear we’re jinxed.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic