Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 2,383

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder They never watch any replays at full speed with VAR, it surely has to be taken into consideration. Forwards really should be practicing kicking the ball at defenders arms now as it will get you a penalty.
You're right, entertaining game, just need a good result to top it off

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

BowTiesAreCool

@BearsEatBeets This. They never take the framerates of when they're freezing the shots into account, and different displays and cameras are operating inconsistent rates to each other. Mad.

Edited on by BowTiesAreCool

BowTiesAreCool

BearsEatBeets

Oh god! Looks like Gomez might be injured and possibly out for a while. Fingers crossed it doesn't turn out to be too serious. With some doubts about Trent too Liverpool might be playing a super inexperienced defence for some games.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets Considering the experienced defence got trounced 7-2 by Aston Villa, perhaps the youth team might be a bit better!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets It is supposed quite serious unfortunately. Something to with his knee and could be out for a couple of months at least was the last I heard. And it was only for a poxy meaningless friendly. 🤬

At least Fabhino will be back after the break and we have Matip.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder yeah it's not good. I didn't realise Fabhino was that close to returning so that's some relief. Just hope Matip can stay injury free for a long spell.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets There is talk of getting some one who is out of contract, like Garay who was playing for Valencia. He has just recovered from a serious knee injury himself, but that is what we will have to choose from.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

Scotland playing Serbia tonight for the chance to go to the Euros. I’m trying not to get my hopes up as we’ve been in this situation many times and screwed it up but I can’t help myself. It’s mad to think we haven’t qualified for a major tournament in my lifetime. We’re so going to lose tonight 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Gomez to miss most of the season by the looks of it. FFS.

nessisonett

Oh for f*** sake, Serbia equalised in the 89th minute. We’re cursed, cursed I tell you!

nessisonett

WE’RE GOING TO THE EUROS

Untitled

JohnnyShoulder

R1spam

@nessisonett what a tasty group too! Can't see it but desperately hope fans are back in grounds by then. All matches at Hampden or Wembley in our group, would be chaos

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Salah has got covid now....disastrous few weeks.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder At this point, Liverpool will need to run a Mars bar campaign looking for replacement players. Buy a Mars bar and you too could be in with a chance of playing for Liverpool!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett The did used to be sponsored by Candy back in the day, but to really confuse our American forumites they made white electric goods.

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula He's had second test and he has covid. Not sure what this means for the next match against Leicester on the 22nd. The sites I've been to all say he 'may' miss it. A conundrum for Fantasy Football teams. Do you transfer him out when he is out for one week? Depending on the state of your team you could play your Free Hit chip. 🤔

ApostateMage

Hopefully he'll be sound and only miss the one game versus Leicester.

ApostateMage

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Like I say, it depends on the state of my team. If I have a lot of players missing, and there could be others in a similar position, it might be worth playing the Free Hit chip. And he is almost guaranteed points at the moment, a straight swap with some like Mane might be worth it.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder @Arugula I think I've seen worse case he will miss 2 games including the Leicester game. Might just bench him, depends on my feelings about the rest of my team. Something to consider is if you get rid of him and he has gone up in value, you only get half the increase so might not be able to afford to get him back in a few weeks.

BearsEatBeets

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic