Forums

Topic: The Pushsquare Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,257

DonJorginho

@JohnnyShoulder I thought you started well, as our defence was suspect and easy to target, but thanks to some wasteful finishing and great keeping from Kepa we managed to hold on until we got our chance.

Klopp has never cared too much for the domestic cups but who can blame him when they won a UCL instead and soon to be a Premier League.

It is hard to say if you go through in the UCL, depends on whether you bounce back well and get a decent run together with Bournemouth before hand.

I don't rate him too much but it is clear to see how much you guys miss Hendo.

DonJorginho

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I’m trying to work out whether Chelski is a typo or joke about Roman Abramovich 😂😂

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett The latter!
Man Ure & Manc Citeh are my faves. See also Liverpoo.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Arugula

With sport pretty much grinding to a halt the world over I'm feeling a little lost. Liga MX, here I come! 😅

Arugula

themcnoisy

Serious talk about the Premier league season being cancelled and voided. There are limited legal ramifications for voiding a season, its a whole minefield if they change the rules to have winners and losers based on redefined parameters.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

@themcnoisy Hahahaha, if that genuinely happens then Liverpool still wouldn’t have won in years. Even Stevie G’s slip wasn’t this close!

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Think they have confirmed Liverpool would still be awarded the title if the season ends as it is now.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy There is not really. The season in due to restart on April 4th. There is another meeting on Thursday, which things will be a bit clearer as UEFA have one on Tuesday to decide what will happen with the Euros this year. Everything else we are hearing at the moment is speculation and people commenting on what might happen. I've stopped paying attention to it all until then, as there is no football on, this all that pundits and so called experts are talking about.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Col_McCafferty

So Liverpool get the title but nothing else is decided? Can't see the likes of Leicester, Villa, Leeds, WBA and others being happy about that. Why are Liverpool such a special case?

The season may be finished but the majority of games will end up being played behind closed doors and I don't think that suits anyone.

IF games can't be started before the end of April then the season needs to be written off. It's that bloody simple.

Col_McCafferty

BearsEatBeets

@Col_McCafferty Liverpool are a special case because they are so far in front that the other teams consider it an eventuality they will win. I'm personally hoping that things work out and they can get the games done to finish it properly. I'm a Liverpool supporter and know that if the title was awarded to them this way the record would always have an asterisk against it. Also rival fans would constantly bring it up in terms of titles.
Like @JohnnyShoulder mentioned we should have a better idea whats possible next week.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Yeah hopefully it won't come to that. I've already heard some fans of other teams say something along the lines of that they won't consider it a true premier league title.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah Liverpool undoubtedly would have won the league regardless but it’s added drama that the other teams’ fans will exploit for years to come.

Col_McCafferty

@BearsEatBeets But as I said, why should Liverpool be made a special case? And if you award them the title what about the CL places or teams fighting for promotion? Don't they matter?

It would be bad for Liverpool but let's be honest here, the whole of football can't make a decision based solely on the interests of one club.

Also, they'd be favourites next season and imagine how much sweeter victory would feel if they shrugged off the disappointment of this season only to win it next year anyway!

Edited on by Col_McCafferty

Col_McCafferty

JohnnyShoulder

@Col_McCafferty Like he said, because they are so far ahead in top spot. Simples. Anyway, we do not know for definetly that situation will ever happen, it's not been decided yet.

Col_McCafferty

@JohnnyShoulder Yes but who goes into the CL? You can't just finish the season for one club and not 19 others, not imo anyway.

I haven't got a problem with them being declared Champions but the decision can't be based on what's in the interests of one club over 91 others can it?

In an ideal world the season can still be completed but if the worst comes to the worst than, unfortunately for the Scousers, the decision has to be taken to declare this season as null and void. It's the most logical outcome.

Col_McCafferty

JohnnyShoulder

@Col_McCafferty Well that has not been decided yet, so we do not know for sure yet. It is just beacuse they are so far in front, it it was any other team it would be the same. It just happens to Liverpool currently.

Col_McCafferty

@JohnnyShoulder I still think it would be a sign of preferential treatment and unfair on lots of other teams.

It's not their fault BUT if the were the only prize to be decided it would just make them even more loathed and people will be proper going after them next season.

They're just going to have to suck it up!

Col_McCafferty

themcnoisy

I honestly think they should play the next set of games behind closed doors, maybe even plan the closest in distance 4 fixtures (2 home / 2 away) and make every team aware that due to unforseen circumstances that the season will be concluded in 4 games time. All cup competitions will be voided.

I don't want Liverpool to win the league being an Everton fan. But rather that than an illegitimate competition. Seems like the last 28 games have been a waste of time.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy That is entirely possible and probably the most sensible solution for everyone involved. UEFA may postpone Euro 20 until next year (we will most likely know more after the meeting tomos), especially as the tournament is being staged across Europe. This will potentially leave a gap in the calendar for any fixtures that may need to take place.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder They must be tempted to bin Euro 2020 completely at this point. I doubt they ever would as they'd lose out on lots of revenue, but it would make everything so much easier for every league in Europe. The domestic leagues aren't UEFA's problem though, I guess.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic