Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 2,383

nessisonett

Urgh. 2-0 loss to Rangers. It was bound to happen at some point but really not a good result at this point in the season. Considering nobody’s went 10 in a row, I’m beginning to think it’s cursed.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Apparently 'VAR had failed to check whether it was a red card due to the analysis of the offside and, as it was a SUBJECTIVE decision, they ruled Pickford had made a genuine attempt to play the ball.' Yeah the offside was stupid as well.

Nah not paying 15 quid for any games. That is almost as much as I pay for a month of Sky Sports. I hardly ever watch other matches unless Liverpool are involved anyway.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula I did notice you hadn't been on here as much, buy you know life happens. See you on the other side!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

Well that Spurs game was something! What is going on with the league this year 😂😂

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett Bonkers ending. Still waiting on a goalless draw this season and the way teams are defending I don't see one happening soon.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

Urgh, really not a fan of the proposed European tournament changes. Just another way for the big clubs to hoard the cash between them and shut out any competition.

nessisonett

With Rangers leading Standard Liege at the break, I’m not sure whether I hate Rangers more than I’d be pleased about a Scottish team doing well. I think I hate Rangers more.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Oof, not a good start by the hoops. Still, a ways to go. Do you hate Rangers even more now? 😅

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Not as much as I hate A.C. Milan now 😂

nessisonett

Well that’s Celtic chucked the league away. It sounds premature but the league is decided by the very little points that are dropped throughout the season and Celtic are falling further and further behind. Not good.

Thrillho

@nessisonett Do you think replacing Lennon would make enough of a difference and who's out there that could/would take the job on? Eddie Howe??

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho I dunno, Lennon’s just a symptom of a wider problem. He does well with Celtic and he loves the club but there’s no ambition. The board put no money into that club because they take the wins for granted. They’ll only act when it’s already too late. The signings have been pretty rubbish while the talent has been leaving over the past few years with no replacements. It would need to be a manager who’s tough and hard-working and while I do think Howe would bring something to the table, I worry that not being Celtic through and through would work against him in terms of dressing room atmosphere. Honestly, I’d be really happy with Howe coming in at this point in the season, might bring a sense of urgency to the team instead of watching the title slip further and further away.

Thrillho

@nessisonett Chopping and changing managers for the sake of it isn’t a good move as it can only make player recruitment even messier.

Celtic are always in a chicken/egg position with needing investment to get a European run but need that run to get money. But also buying low, selling high with players relies on one damn good scouting network and luck which they don’t seem to have at the moment.

Messing up now on the verge of ten in a row would be a nightmare though!

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

This weekend in the Prem looks to have settled down to some kind normality. Shame, I was kinda enjoying teams coming back from 3-0 down at half time.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@Thrillho Considering both Celtic and Rangers have previously gone nine in a row and messed up, I think it’s just cursed!

nessisonett

I forgot Football Manager 2020 was on Game Pass so since I’ve won the Premier League with both Bromley and Hartlepool, I’m open to suggestions for the next middling team to take to glory!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Celtic?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic