Forums

Topic: The Pushsquare FIFA World Cup Thread

Posts 281 to 300 of 321

rastamadeus
ShogunRok

Without Silva at the back, it's like watching kids against men. Utterly insane - I've never seen a team crumble so quickly at this level before.

Arsenal at Anfield in February.

The only person wearing yellow tomorrow will be the leader of the Tour de France. I'm hilarious, I know.

Edited on by rastamadeus

"Oh smeg. What the smegging smegs he smegging done? He's smegging killed me."

PSN: Rastamadeus | Twitter:

ShogunRok

When Alan Hansen is speechless, you know something big's just happened.

David Luiz summed up perfectly within two games. One game, he hits a 45 yard free kick in with the inside of his foot - superb. Second game, he captains his national team to total and utter defeat in his home country. Up and down, great and awful.

But seriously, what did we just see? It seems unreal. Brazil don't lose a match in the tournament - a tournament that's on home soil. "This is Brazil's World Cup" they said. "Brazil" Hansen and Shearer said when asked who would win this game, even without Neymar and Silva.

7-1 to Germany.

I do feel sorry for Julio Cesar, though. He's had a good tournament and he made a brilliant save in the second half, but the fact of the matter is almost no keepers could have saved those goals because the defence was so unbelievably bad. Nothing he could have done, and I don't blame him for crying.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

Tasuki

Ok someone tell me what the heck happened.  I was at work so I couldn't watch the game but as soon as I could get a score I saw it was Germany 6 Brazil 0.  Was there injuries or players penalized on Brazil?

I am glad that Germany won but I didn't think it would be a blow out.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

rastamadeus

Don't think David Luiz will ever play for Brazil again. The fans blamed Fred tonight but when they calm down and watch highlights they'll see what a shambles David Luiz was. Wasn't just tonight, he's been useless in every game but people excuse it because of his "passion". I'm sorry but he's the worst defender at this tournament bar none. PSG paid FIFTY MILLION EUROS for him. Incredible. The way Brazilians are they won't allow him to play again.

Wouldn't be surprised if Brazil stop wearing yellow either. They binned the white shirts after the World Cup 1950 Final defeat and this was a trillion times worse.

Edited on by rastamadeus

ShogunRok
Tasuki

Ok someone tell me what the heck happened.  I was at work so I couldn't watch the game but as soon as I could get a score I saw it was Germany 6 Brazil 0.  Was there injuries or players penalized on Brazil?

I bet that was a shock!

Brazil were missing Neymar (their best attacking player) due to injury, and Silva (their captain and best defender) due to suspension for two yellow cards during the tournament. Hard to say how their presence would have changed things, but Germany looked so hungry I think they still would have won.

One thing's for sure though, it probably would haven't been 7-1. Silva has been responsible for keeping Brazil's defence actually half decent. Without him, they crumbled within 20 minutes. I don't think I've ever seen a worse defensive display.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

Crimson_Ridley

Missed the match but I can't wait to catch the recording! Germany vs Holland in the final? I hope so, it should be awesome and a lot of my family are from Holland so I'm rooting for them.

Crimson_Ridley

get2sammyb
Tasuki

You should try to watch a full recording of the game when you get home. The first half in particular is INCREDIBLE. There's a 20 minute period where Germany score five - it's BONKERS.

Tasuki

@ShogunRok:  Yeah it was a shock.  I was waiting to punch out at work and checked the score on my phone when I first saw it I had to check it again to to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

@get2sammyb:  Yeah I think I will watch the news tonight at the very least to watch the highlights.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Victor_Meldrew

Basically the Football equivalent of a Mortal Kombat Fatality.

Victor_Meldrew

sinalefa

A very sad game for Brazil. Hopefully Argentina will win tomorrow because they are the last Latin American  country still playing and I prefer them in the finals.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

sinalefa

Now that is a goalkeeper. No need to yell at their opponents in order to stop penalty kicks.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

ShogunRok

Couldn't be happier with how this World Cup has turned out. I feel as though the two best teams are in the final.

Germany and Argentina are both really well organised and quite effective going forward when they need to be. Germany have been the better team overall, but credit to Argentina - since the word go, they've been absolutely solid and look incredibly hard to break down. It should be a good final.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

rastamadeus

Holland got what they deserved for playing worse and worse and worse throughout the tournament. A star player who has been anonymous since the first game, a midfield which just kicks anyone and everyone, 242 minutes without a single goal, the worst diver in the history of football, players with no bottle, heart or desire and a 'tactical genius' manager who's luck ran out. They won't be missed in the final.

Manchester United better throw money at the FA and Premier League to extend every draw to extra time otherwise with Van Gaal in charge they won't get a single win.

Edited on by rastamadeus

Sanquine
rastamadeus

Holland got what they deserved for playing worse and worse and worse throughout the tournament. A star player who has been anonymous since the first game, a midfield which just kicks anyone and everyone, 242 minutes without a single goal, the worst diver in the history of football, players with no bottle, heart or desire and a 'tactical genius' manager who's luck ran out. They won't be missed in the final.

Manchester United better throw money at the FA and Premier League to extend every draw to extra time otherwise with Van Gaal in charge they won't get a single win.

Oohw C'mon you just hate Holland ;P

PSNid= Sanquine90

PSN: Sanquine90

ShogunRok
get2sammyb

I thought that match was dull as dishwater. In fact, all of the Argentina games I've seen have been like watching paint dry. Agree that Holland have slowly been regressing -- both teams looked ready for a nap tonight, I thought.

I think there's an element of that when watching Argentina, but at the same time, I think they're just extremely well organised. I can't think of more than a handful of chances opposing teams have made against them in the entire competition. Mascherano has probably been their best player, the way he tucks just in front of the back four and keeps absolutely everything out of the box.

But having said that, they haven't yet had to play a team as efficient and as deadly as Germany. I think the final is gonna go one of two ways: either Germany are going to get the first goal and Argentina will be forced to play more decisive football, or Argentina will hold them all the way to extra time and possibly beyond. Kind of hoping it's the former.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

get2sammyb
ShogunRok
get2sammyb

I thought that match was dull as dishwater. In fact, all of the Argentina games I've seen have been like watching paint dry. Agree that Holland have slowly been regressing -- both teams looked ready for a nap tonight, I thought.

I think there's an element of that when watching Argentina, but at the same time, I think they're just extremely well organised. I can't think of more than a handful of chances opposing teams have made against them in the entire competition. Mascherano has probably been their best player, the way he tucks just in front of the back four and keeps absolutely everything out of the box.

But having said that, they haven't yet had to play a team as efficient and as deadly as Germany. I think the final is gonna go one of two ways: either Germany are going to get the first goal and Argentina will be forced to play more decisive football, or Argentina will hold them all the way to extra time and possibly beyond. Kind of hoping it's the former.

Please be the former...

ShogunRok

Mental to think that Argentina's biggest problem in the last World Cup was an awful defence, though... They've certainly corrected that.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.