Forums

Topic: The Music Thread

Posts 841 to 860 of 2,192

ShaiHulud

@TheBrandedSwordsman Top 5 metal albums? Oh dear, that's a hard question. I liked that you picked ..And Justice as it's my favourite Metallica album too, which is quite unusual I think. Anyway, here's my favourite three albums for the moment, in chronological order:

Agalloch - The Mantle
Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down
Opeth - Still Life

Sic semper tyrannis

RogerRoger

@mookysam It certainly lives up to your language caution right out of the gate, but I'd say it fits the genre and overall tone pretty well. Here's hoping it turns out to be a strong debut for her career!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer John Scofield - Pick Hits Live (that's a great place to start with him) Bill Frisell - Unspeakable then Nashville if you like that one, then try History, Mystery if you're really a fan of it. If you're a fan of the melodic side of Sco's playing, try Time On My Hands next, or if you like faster tracks like Protocol try Rough House (the album) next, I know less about Pat Metheny than the other two, but his last album 'From This Place' garnered a lot of enthusiasm from me. Those are all guitarists though, Oscar Peterson's Walking the Line is great for jazz piano, and try the album @nessisonett recommended to me, by Herbie Hancock, Sextant, for more great keyboard playing. Let me know what you think if you listen to any of it!

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer did you listen to any of those albums yet? What do you think of Brian Eno, if you're familiar with him?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman I’ve only had a chance to make it about half way though Pick Hits Live. I’ll probably be a few days with the list 👍 I’m enjoying it a lot so far. Thanks again!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

nessisonett

Oh jeez, SOPHIE seems to have died in an accident. I’m crushed, I’ve been a fan for years and her latest album showed that she had loads to offer and she was on the up and up. She meant a lot to loads of people. I honestly have no words.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Jimmer-jammer

@nessisonett I’ve never heard of them but I’m sorry for your loss. The music will live on!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

nessisonett

@Jimmer-jammer She was as much a producer as a singer, produced for Charli XCX, Madonna, Vince Staples, Nicki Minaj and others. I’ve been a big fan of the PC Music label for almost as long as it’s been around and she was a big influence on a lot of those artists. 34 is no age at all.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett That's a real tragedy. Sorry to hear it's had such an impact on you.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Have you heard the live version of Protocol off Pick Hits Live yet? How metal is that for a jazz song eh?!?!? Glad you're enjoying it though.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

themcnoisy

I done it. I got to the top of the Reddit Dreams thread!!!

Progressive house track!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

LieutenantFatman

@themcnoisy
Mate, that is awesome, well done! Very impressed. Any plans to use this soundtrack in an upcoming level?

LieutenantFatman

nessisonett

@themcnoisy Seriously well done, that’s proper impressive. Cool to see you on the up and up!

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman I’m through Pick Hits Live now. I really enjoyed it. Protocol was pretty wild for sure. Heaven Hill made me feel like the I’ve never actually heard the trumpet played properly before. At least, I think that was a trumpet. It was amazing, anyway. My favourite track was actually Pick Hits. So groovy.

themcnoisy

@LieutenantFatman it's being used in fluffynsassy next game, it's a shoot em up. Thanks for listening LF.

@nessisonett yeah I got top of the dreams Reddit page. Never got anywhere on that before so pretty chuffed

@ApostateMage thanks AP, been a tough time recently so glad something has come from 2021 so far!

Made up y'all replied 😁

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Jimmer-jammer

@themcnoisy at about the 3:50 mark my kids went absolutely ballistic! You made their day, and mine. Thanks for that!

Black_Swordsman

@ShaiHulud Yeah Justice is a classic album despite what they were going through eh? Channeling their grief and anger into their art, rather than bumming out and getting lost and making something like Load. Which might be more what you'd expect - I'm just spitballin' here. Anyway, good shout with Katatonia, did you hear the recordings Mikael Akerfeldt made with them back in the day? Great stuff. I've kind of gone back to heavy music now anyway, listening to Zappa now and just ordered Legend of the Seagullmen.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic