Forums

Topic: The Music Thread

Posts 541 to 560 of 2,192

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett If you're into indie. Can I tempt you with a progressive indie/mathcore/pop band whose bassist I went to college with and co-starred in a college play with?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Hahaha sure, just send the link!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Oh wow, yeah, I’ve heard of them before. Getting into the liner notes is the big leagues!

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Also, incredibly strangely, Dananananaykroyd are in their recommended bands list on Spotify. Now that’s a coincidence!

LieutenantFatman

I'm listening to some Gunship at the moment, a British synthwave band. Just realised they have a whole album I missed that came out a couple of years ago, so I'm like, woooooo! Great chill out music.

LieutenantFatman

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Did you like any of Toby's other stuff in Shoes & Socks off?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett Yeah I think they might have played together at one stage - what do you reckon about their music then?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Thrillho

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I’m not sure if I’ve heard any of that. I feel like I might have done a long time ago but certainly don’t own any of the albums.

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho I really like his work in Shoes & Socks off. I have a cassette of his Eugene Quell work coming in the post as well. Did you ever see MMISL live? I did a few times and still have great memories of those gigs.

nessisonett

That’s Kylie got a number one album in 5 different decades. Crazy achievement considering she’s only 52 but she’s a total icon.

Black_Swordsman

MMISL, @nessisonett? What did you think of them? If you've listened yet. What else have you been listening to over the weekend?

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Yeah, I listened to that album and actually really enjoyed it! They’re one of those bands I always knew about but had never given a listen. I listened to The Suburbs by Arcade Fire and Man of Aran by British Sea Power, both of which I really enjoyed. I was introduced to British Sea Power through Disco Elysium as they were another band that I had heard the name of but their OST for Disco Elysium is fantastic so I’ve been working my way through their back catalogue.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett Yeah, it's interesting isn't it? Heavy but not too heavy, or heavy without being heavy. I'll listen to Disco Elysium on spotify.

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Unfortunately the Disco Elysium soundtrack isn’t on Spotify but I think it’s up on YouTube. It’s worth listening to in the context of the game as well, dunno when it’s coming to PS4 though.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett Someone's posted a playlist of it on Spotify, luckily - you just have to search hard enough!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic