Forums

Topic: The Music Thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 2,197

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett Boris were on Late Junction last night. Gonna listen on BBC Sounds?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

mcdreamer

@nessisonett Tri Repetae is also a brilliant album. Eutow is one of my all time favourite Autechre tracks.

I'm a big Boards of Canada fan too. I really enjoy pretty much all of their releases. Aphex is a bit more hit and miss for me. Half of his stuff is genius, the other half I fail to connect with for some reason. Drukqs was the first time I ever heard IDM and it was quite a revelation at the time.

I saw you mentioned Aphex's ambient stuff above, which is amongst his best work I think. I've been listening to a load of Stars of the Lid, 36 and Sangam lately for my ambient fix. Great music to code to!

mcdreamer

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Yep, I’m gonna catch up with that one!

@mcdreamer My brother’s really into Stars of the Lid but I still haven’t given them a go yet. One of my favourite lesser-known ambient albums is Love is a Stream by Jefre Cantu-Ledesma. It’s one of those droney ones that sounds like it shouldn’t be relaxing but is incredibly warm. More games should lean on ambient music as an influence!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

mcdreamer

@nessisonett Will have to check out Love is a Stream! Sounds like my kind of thing! Completely agree more games should have ambient influenced music!

mcdreamer

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett Did you listen to the Late Junction broadcast? What did you think of the other tracks? I'm going to pick up King Khan's The Infinite Ones as soon as it comes out. Do you think you will be getting it too? I would also recommend Evicshen's debut album Hair Birth for some decent experimental noise music. Picked that up on vinyl recently, limited edition. What have you been listening to this week, thus far?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

JohnnyShoulder

There is only one forum member that I could tag into someone slapping da bass to the theme of one of the Bloodborne bosses. That member is, of course, @Draco_V_Ecliptic.

Bloodborne is Funky (Ludwig, the Holy Blade Remix): https://youtu.be/V9-BMpztz3E

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Black_Swordsman

@JohnnyShoulder Oh, "da" bass is it? .One day his head will be mine, I got close but was unable to take Ludwig down, vanilla Souls is generally what I play when I encounter those games as the DLC is on another level entirely. Did you beat Ludwig yourself?

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I did beat him, after many attempts. I did try summoning but found them more of a hindrance as I found I needed to top up there health just as much as mine. I find it better to watch a YouTube vid if I'm really struggling.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

In my search for Halloween music (in an insomnia-fuelled stupor no less), I have several thoughts.

1. Coil, Current 93 and Dead can Dance are laughable. As my brother put it, their idea of ‘dark’ music is talking like a haunted Tory. It just brings to mind the Stonehenge bit from Spinal Tap.

2. Scott Walker is spookier than Swans. Especially if you listen to his weird meat-slapping albums after his 60s lush stuff. It’s like the sound of a man completely losing his mind.

3. Suicide’s self titled album is still absolutely horrible to listen to, truly horrifying stuff. Makes Xiu Xiu seem like a walk in the park.

4. Clipping’s new album is fantastic and a proper horrorcore album for 2020. Seen surprisingly low reviews for it but to be honest, Pitchfork aren’t as influential as they once were and I personally loved it. Proper tense stuff with some heavy beats and incredibly tight flow.

5. Divine Styler’s Spiral Walls Containing Autumns of Light is bat-sh*t insane and I love it. Perhaps not Halloween music and more ‘dehydrated and stuck in the basement’ music but I still can’t figure it out.

6. Spiderland by Slint is a great Halloween album despite not really having anything to do with spookiness. It just suits the atmosphere brilliantly.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett I've heard Scott Walker a long time ago and Spiderland by Slint more recently. Weren't they quite creepy, released one album and then split up, when they were quite young? What Scott Walker would you recommend? (Album-wise).

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Slint released their first album, Tweez, in 1989. It’s not that great but Spiderland is incredible and still one of my favourite albums. In terms of Scott Walker, my favourite is Scott 4 for the lush 60s production and Tilt for the absolutely insane experimental creepy stuff. Listening to them back to back is.. an experience.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett I'll be sure to check out Tilt & Scott 4 then, and not necessarily in that order. I was thinking that you might like Jeff Parker, he played on Makaya McCraven's Universal Beings. Two great albums from him are the companion pieces The New Breed and Suite for Max Brown, each one devoted to one of his parents.

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Ooh, I’ll make sure to check them out, Universal Beings was brilliant!

New Oneohtrix Point Never album and it’s a goodie. Definitely a more experimental album than Age Of, it goes for lush tones and draws together threads from every single one of his earlier albums, even Eccojams which was released under a previous name. It’s just a pleasure to listen to, it washes over you while still being harsh in areas to keep your interest. I’d absolutely recommend it without a doubt.

Anti-Matter

This is one Halloween theme song from Dance Dance Revolution SUPERNOVA 2.

PARANOiA ~HADES~ by αtype-300 (Junko Karashima)

Anti-Matter

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett Hello again, old friend. Did you listen to either of the Jeff Parker albums yet? If not, what have you been listening to?

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I’ve not listened to them yet, not really been in the mood for jazz recently but I’ll get round to them! I listened to Adrienne Lenker from Big Thief’s solo album the other day which was really quite good. Proper relaxing indie folk.

Anti-Matter

WooHoo...!!!
My DDR 4th Mix PS1 has been arrived just now. 😀
Now i can play this DDR song at home.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic