Forums

Topic: The Music Thread

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 2,197

hypnotoad

Of course, all those in that video would get stabbed to death these days...

hypnotoad

nessisonett

About 15 months after my order, the Persona 5 and Disco Elysium vinyl OSTs finally arrived! They’re very very cool but it took far too long to arrive 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer I was listening to the first of these albums today at home on vinyl (I own both) and found them both in full on Youtube for you, I know you're not a registered member so this way you can listen to them all the way through without having to stagger it in 24-hour shifts.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman hey, that’s really thoughtful of you, thanks! I’ll check them out over the next week.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

johncalmc

As I do every year, I made a playlist of my favourite music from the year. It's probably worth a listen if you got 13 hours spare and you like a fairly wide mix of genres featuring Sharon Van Etten, Mandy Indiana, Charli XCX, Magdalena Bay, Arca, Beach House, Lana Del Rey, Japanese Breakfast, Mitski, L'Rain, Glume, ABBA, Sleaford Mods, etc.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5xCWkCvPgBA53PtyFM9PaD?si=5...

Fun.

johncalmc

Twitter:

nessisonett

@johncalmc Ah, someone else with incredibly esoteric tastes 😂

johncalmc

@nessisonett It's kind of helpful in a way because I can hold a conversation about jazz or black metal or french pop from the 1960s but also it's kind of annoying because I can sometimes find myself unable to settle on any one thing. Like right now today I've been jumping about all over the place - I started making a playlist of kinda chill acoustic stuff but I got bored of it and started listening to kpop and then switched to 90s alternative music and now I've settle on disco.

johncalmc

Twitter:

nessisonett

@johncalmc At least the upside from that is that you get absolutely hilarious Spotify playlists. I had one the other day which went from Elliott Smith into Scooter. They quite literally do not know how to recommend to people whose taste can’t be described in a couple of sentences.

johncalmc

@nessisonett Yeah I've seen some chaotic ones. My Release Radar is all over the place generally. I like the ones where it does all your most listened to stuff in a certain time period so you can kinda trace what happened. Last.fm is kinda useful for that too. Sometimes I have too many ideas and too many things pulling me in different directions and I just end up having to listen to a podcast or something.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Merry Christmas for tomorrow in case I don't catch you on here, and a Happy New Year - Did you get a chance to listen to either or both of those albums yet? What did you think, if so?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman thank you! Merry Christmas to you as well!! I didn’t get a chance to listen this week (mostly due to data cap) but it is definitely on the list. Hope you have a wonderful time!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic