Forums

Topic: The Music Thread

Posts 1,661 to 1,680 of 2,197

nessisonett

@Kidfried I think it’s some sort of live-stream disco thing playing the Madison Square Garden set. Big adverts everywhere here as it’s not a tour but an exhibition from the members of the band and some photographer guy that’s only being shown here. It’s in an old subway tunnel as well!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

zupertramp

@Kidfried makes sense. I actually prefer listening to recorded works. Attended a couple concerts when I was younger but now I just like to very privately enjoy my music, alone and away from the world. I've even bought tickets for shows that I just never went to - Ray LaMontagne and Imogen Heap.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

zupertramp

Eagerly awaiting the Peppa diss track.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

nessisonett

@zupertramp Unironically, I would rather listen to Peppa Pig’s album on repeat than force myself through Donda. After the car crash that was Jesus is King, I’m just plain done with Kanye.

Thrillho

I can’t even remember the last time I went to a gig now

It’s one of the crap things about living in Devon. Bands might come to Bristol and very rarely to Exeter so it’s a fair bit of an effort for me.

There was actually a mini-festival in my town recently though but I don’t think I’m ready to cram myself into a tiny venue quite yet still..

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Keith_Zissou I feel like between Manchester and Glasgow, you could cover most bands that come to the UK. We get quite a lot up here and even if they don’t go past the border, it’s only a train away to go down to Manchester or Liverpool. We have a pretty thriving music scene between us!

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman hey, I’m back in the saddle 👍 never heard of him before, so I gave that album a listen. I really enjoyed it, thanks for that! Not sure if it’s the album or the artist but even when things get ‘upbeat’, I feel there is a real sadness, or darkness, that carries throughout the album. A longing for something just out of reach. Talented fellow

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Yeah his life story is really interesting, you should look him up on Wikipedia, he struggled with alcoholism and mental health issues later in his life before making a sort of comeback and making weird electric records inspired by Sonic Youth and the rest of that crowd, who he was hanging out with at the time, and who cited him as an influence, as I say, you should go and read about him because he was a very interesting guy, even founded his own record label to release his own albums and albums by lesser-known jazz and blues musicians as well. Will you listen to more by him, do you think?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman that sounds interesting, thanks, I’ll check out his biography. I started listening to another one of his, whatever auto played after ‘America’, I can’t recall at the moment which one it was. I’ll have to go back to it and give it a proper listen. A quick google tells me that there is no shortage of material!
I like the sound of him starting a record label, especially to give a voice to lesser known musicians. Thanks for the recommendation!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

nessisonett

Little Simz’ new album is really really good. Like probably one of the best albums this year. I’d definitely recommend it, even though I wasn’t a massive fan of her last album.

nessisonett

@Mergatro1d Not yet no! I’ve been making my way through the Mercury nominees though so I’ll get there eventually.

Black_Swordsman

@Keith_Zissou You're welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed it, do you think you will listen to more of his work?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

@Keith_Zissou I have! I loved it, need to revisit that one though, so thanks for bringing it to my attention again.

nessisonett

@TheBrandedSwordsman It’s a good album for sure. Not quite as incredible as Black Saint and the Sinner Lady but right up there.

Black_Swordsman

@render Shaun Keaveny's last 6music show today, featuring the final segment of the Open Arms on 6music but he says the IP of the Open Arms rests with him and will be coming with him wherever he goes, "I'm hoping to get some work from them (the BBC)" "Have I said too much?" So hopefully he'll be on Radio 1 or something like that in the next few weeks/months/years. How are you? Will you keep listening at his new destination?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic