Forums

Topic: The Music Thread

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 2,192

nessisonett

@render Nah, just a random track from Spiderman of the Rings! Still very odd 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Jimmer-jammer

@Thrillho what a trip! Next time I‘m down from not finding someone to jam with I should really just be thinking, ‘It could just play itself!’ This guy has all the answers haha really cool video, thanks!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Thrillho

@nessisonett Bromst was a fantastic album of his and Glass Riffer has some great tracks too. The thing about working my way through my iTunes like this is that I find artists I've not listened to in a while and discover they've got a new album that I missed.

Thrillho

Kidfried

1 Thanks for the Arthur Russell recommendation @nessisonett, lovely music

2 I love artsy talky post punk

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried Always nice to see a successful recommendation! And yep, talky post-punk with ‘dissonant’ genre tags and manic horn playing will be the death of me 😂

Kidfried

I'm listening to a lot of Chai recently, by the way. Way less complex than most music discussed here, but it's pure fun and what can I say? I'm a simple kind of person.

Kidfried

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman that was a very beautiful and relaxing piece. I’ve dabbled a bit in Brian Eno from some of your past recommendations, I like what I’ve heard though it’s not what I would typically listen to. Nice piece here though. Thanks!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

render

Not as chilled as Eno but I'm finding this track pretty hypnotic with the headphones on...

render

Jimmer-jammer

@render that was actually just what I needed today. Thanks for sharing.

Black_Swordsman

@TraCuz- What do you reckon of my man John Scofield? Excellent jazz guitarist, the best besides the less accessible but technically superior Holdsworth imho

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

ralphdibny

Had a big shady/aftermath binge over the last week on some long drives. Listened to:

The Eminem Show
Encore
Relapse
Obie Trice - Cheers
50 Cent - get rich or die trying (the CD skipped a lot so I didn't hear a huge amount of it 😅)
Dr Dre - 2001
Devils Night
D12 World
Marshall Mathers LP 2

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Big mid-00s boxing game on PS2 vibes. You should add The Game’s The Documentary to that! Worth it just for Hate It Or Love It, one of the best singles of that era. Plus Common’s Be but that’s not quite from the same label.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett I don't actually own the CD of The documentary but hate it or love it is easily the best song on there. There's a (featuring) G-Unit version that I actually prefer that has the a couple verses performed by other g unit members. I can't remember whether that was a bonus track on The documentary or on some other album though!

See ya!

render

I've been listening to a lot of Jon Hopkins this week and just love his album Singularity. The title track is great (although bizarre video)...

But I think this track really stands out and again just great to listen to with headphones...

render

Thrillho

@render I bloody love Jon Hopkins.

That album is great as it starts from such bangers but gets more chilled as it goes with such a beautiful closing track. I’d love to see him live and he’s been playing more piano in his sets. This track is gorgeous.

This live session from KEXP from a while ago is also great and I like hearing him talk about some of the ridiculous things he does in his music.

Thrillho

render

@Thrillho Awesome videos, thanks for the links. That piano solo sounds amazing, like every key is struck with purpose. The guy is just naturally talented.

I saw him live what must have been 2008 when I went to see a certain band he was working with, with the missus. I definitely came away from that appreciating his solo set way more than the headline. It was very much like that KEXP set and it’s interesting watching that and listening to him talk about how it’s all put together. I’ve always loved how his tracks just start off with a few simple noises and just keep on building to such a high.

render

Thrillho

@render I happened to catch him on 6music with Mary Ann Hobbs and he did a whole improvised piece on piano too. Luckily someone has uploaded it!

Thrillho

render

@Thrillho Cheers for that one as well 😀.

I used to listen to 6 music a ton but I’ve mainly been listening to music while I work and find it’s less of a distraction to just put on a playlist. Less talking etc. I do end up missing things like this though.

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic