Forums

Topic: The Music Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 2,197

themcnoisy

So here is the Streets of Rage remix. Its kind of unfinished but I don't have the time to play around with it.

https://soundcloud.com/user-534526039/streets-of-rage

I have also uploaded a new song called Fairground I made when trying (and failing) to make a game late last year.

The second track is way better. Also my Final Fantasy 7 remix has over 500 listens. I've only ever logged in to post my tracks so I'm pretty chuffed. And here is that link.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Nice work! Sounds very in-keeping with the atmosphere of the game, but also distinctly different from the original track (which I quickly Googled to remind myself of, and instantly started humming... so many good memories).

Homer Simpson and Han Solo caught me off-guard in your Fairground track and made me laugh. And is that the MGS codec you've sampled? I like this track a lot, too; sounds like it could work in some kind of PS2-era animated Batman brawler where you're fighting through waves of the Joker's thugs to reach him. At least, that's where my brain went, anyway!

I've been listening to a lot of big, sweeping orchestra lately. This was a nice change of pace!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

johncalmc

I have been listening to the new Weyes Blood album which is really quite lovely.

johncalmc

Twitter:

WanderingBullet

This might be a silly question but how come most British singers don't sing with an English accent?

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

themcnoisy

@WanderingBullet Most singers sound different when singing.

themcnoisy

I finished a Slim Shady remix last week and posted it to soundcloud. Start us pretty rough but when the rapping kicks in it's really catchy.

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-534526039/feel-so-eminem-remix-...

Need to buy Dreams and make some tracks in the DAW. Contemplating buying it now.

WanderingBullet

@themcnoisy Don't think that's true.lol Half maybe but not most.... Besides, British rappers don't lose their accents when rapping. Guess it's not possible to sing with an English accent?

ellisael

I adore classic rock of 60s and 70s. I especially like Jefferson Airplane

ellisael

Octane

@ellisael Funny you mention that. I recently started listening to Greta Van Fleet after a friend of mine was bugging me listen to it for a while; and I have to admit, they're great! It's that 70s rock, but with a more modern execution. I love it.

Octane

WanderingBullet

Jimmy Fallon and Paul Rudd are really into recreating old music videos. My favourite one is still the Go West music video (thought it was really funny) but this is their third and most recent one:

Black_Swordsman

I have been listening to In The Absence Of Truth by Isis recently, as well as some mathcore that I am pretty pleased with, I like all that stuff and prefer it to metal, all that 'core stuff floats my boat right now, and Tool are the fathers of it all.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

Wavering Radiant is also a great post-metal album by Isis, please feel free to check it out as well as 'Absence and let me know your opinions of the albums. My jazz phase is pretty much over so now I am listening to decent "manly" music.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

Other noteworthy albums I have been listening to recently:

These Arms Are Snakes - Oxeneeers Or The Lion Sleeps When It's Antelope Go Home
Narrows - Painted
Talons - We All Know
Minus The Bear - Highly Refined Pirates
Minus The Bear - Menos El Oso
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
The Dillinger Escape Plan - Calculating Infinity

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Gremio108

@Draco_Ecliptic Wilco are a band I listen to quite a bit. I think 'Star Wars' might be my favourite album of theirs, although that could be recency bias talking. Is it possible to have recency bias towards an album that's four years old?!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Black_Swordsman

@Gremio108 Can you recommend an album of theirs that is similar to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot or Star Wars in terms of experimentation?

Gremio108

@Draco_Ecliptic 'A Ghost is Born' is along those lines. Perhaps a bit too experimental in places for my liking but there are some great songs on it.

We must be due something new from them soon.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic