Forums

Topic: The Music Thread

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 2,205

Jimmer-jammer

@Voltan very cool!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Voltan Where do you stand on Cynic and Atheist for the epitome of jazz metal? I think Cynic's Focus and Atheist's Unquestionable Presence are both on Youtube.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Voltan

I like them but don’t listen to them much

Voltan

Black_Swordsman

@Voltan I see, fair enough. What music have you been listening to besides the track you just posted, recently?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Jimmer-jammer

Cruising the Canadian badlands with the sun shining and it just feels like a ‘The Harpoonist and the Axe Murderer’ kind of day 😊

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Voltan

I haven’t seen the video yet and can’t watch it right now but I’m in this

Friends of mine started this project last year to keep busy while in lockdown. The idea is to have guests from the Polish rock and metal scene. Some are close friends, some are scene veterans and big deals in the metal world.
Anyways, they did a few of these cover versions but this is the biggest one yet.
Lemme know what you think and I’ll check it out myself later 😉

Voltan

Jimmer-jammer

@Voltan that was wicked, man! Thanks for sharing. Looks like it was a fun project. rock on 🤘

Voltan

Forgot to mention I’m also singing in the chorus (not sure if it’s in the video)

Voltan

nessisonett

Spotify is outing me as a mid-00s sadboi and I’m not amused.

Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

@nessisonett Spotify made a new “metal mix” “just for me” today and it was full of things most metalheads I know would absolutely hate 😅

Voltan

nessisonett

@Voltan Isn’t that basically the Spotify algorithm though? They seem to not be able to tell the difference between metal and hyperpop which can be very confusing 😂

Voltan

@nessisonett I mean - it’s stuff I like but I know people who would take serious offense from it being called “metal” lmao

Voltan

nessisonett

@Voltan Metalheads can be very particular about that kinda thing. If Limp Bizkit can be considered ‘metal’ even if it’s of the ‘nu’ variety then basically anything goes as far as I’m concerned.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett "Throw yo' hands up!". Apparently Eddie Van Halen rehearsed with Limp Bizkit once, but loads of people there were taking drugs so he apparently left and returned the next day in an assault vehicle, put a gun to Fred Durst's red-capped head and said "Get my sh*t, motherf*cker!!" and his guitars and amps were loaded into the vehicle by a Durst-underling whilst Van Halen kept the gun to Durst's red-capped head the whole time! Believe it?

Black_Swordsman

@Voltan Some really good vocalists there in the Stars music video, saw you playing keyboards as well, great song too.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

nessisonett

@TheBrandedSwordsman I don’t think I ever thought of Eddie Van Halen as the gun type!

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman today I’ve got Kid Koala’s 12bit Blues in the player. One of the best DJ’s around in my opinion. This isn’t from 12bit Blues but it’s pretty amazing.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic