Forums

Topic: The Music Thread

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 2,197

Voltan

@Jimmer-jammer Thanks, glad you liked it
As far as I know one of the songs I wrote for the album will also be released as a single but probably closer to the album's release.

Voltan

Jimmer-jammer

@Voltan cool! I miss spending a lot of time with other musicians, I’m at a phase in life right now where it’s just not really possible. All the stuff you’ve posted here has been brimming with talent, and I like the metal tinge to it all. Perhaps one day I’ll post some links to some of the stuff I’ve worked on. Can’t wait to hear more. Cheers!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Voltan

@Jimmer-jammer To be fair I spent zero minutes with other musicians while working on this particular one 😅
Unless emails count 😉

Voltan

Jimmer-jammer

Chevelle’s latest album, ‘Niratias’, is a pretty great Chevelle album. It probably won’t convert any non fans but it left an excellent impression on me. It has all the things I’ve come to expect; it’s dirty, gritty and loud but also has a neat sci-fi approach and an ambient quality that carries through the whole experience. I didn’t know this came out so it was a pleasant recent discovery.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Voltan do you ever listen to any experimental music like the stuff they play on BBC Radio 3's Late Junction over here in the UK? You can sign up and listen to previous episodes on the iplayer if you are curious.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Voltan

@TheBrandedSwordsman Any examples of what they play there? Experimental can literally mean anything and I could either love it or hate it

Voltan

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett Do you ever listen to Late Junction? I think I recommended it before when Boris were on there. What do you think of it, if you've heard it?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

@Voltan Here's some stuff they've played recently ,Let me know what you think/if you decide to listen to a whole programme on the iplayer!

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Voltan

@TheBrandedSwordsman I can't lie - this is what immediately comes to mind whenever I see Sun Ra

Untitled

Seriously though, I'll check out them all a little later

Voltan

nessisonett

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah, every once in a while. Haven’t really listened to the radio in ages though!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

@Voltan That's fine lol you can just skip the Sun Ra track if you want - did you get a chance to listen to any of the others?

Voltan

@TheBrandedSwordsman To be clear - I have nothing against them (or free jazz in general) personally, I just like that picture, it cracks me up every time
Also - not yet, I'll get to it after work.

Voltan

Black_Swordsman

@Voltan Lol ok it is a funny picture to be fair, and ok cool, looking forward to hearing what you have to say about the tracks then.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Voltan

@TheBrandedSwordsman I have.
Sun Ra was good and foodman was ok but the other two are hardly music to me unfortunately

Also, looks like I got another video (with yet another project) coming tomorrow

Voltan

Black_Swordsman

@Voltan Late Junction might half be worth your time then it seems. Give it a try? Looking forward to your new project.

Black_Swordsman

@Voltan More djent-jazz metal? Not bad, I did enjoy it. That trumpet player is something else, man! Thanks

Voltan

@TheBrandedSwordsman Not much metal in it. Gets noisy at times but it's more like trippy post rock with some interesting jazz trumpet.

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic