Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 4,081 to 4,100 of 8,933

Th3solution

@RogerRoger @ralphdibny I’m actually considering putting myself in harms way of the coronavirus in order to see Wonder Woman 1984 in theaters. Haven’t decided yet. We’ll see what it’s like in August. If I survive that, then I’ll go see Black Widow too. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ralphdibny

@Th3solution yeah it's a bit of a weird one, I can't see it getting any better and also I can't see myself leaving the house for anything other than the daily walk for the foreseeable future but then again, I love staying at home and being productive for my own benefit instead of the benefit of my "corporate overlords". Though I am sure I will need to get a pay cheque some day when the money I've saved over the furlough period runs out!

I think ww84 looks really good but I found the first one quite boring more often than exciting. There are good bits but overall it's not one I'm keen to rewatch many times so I could probably wait for the blu ray on that one.

See ya!

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I only use my PS4 to play games and watch NOW tv, as that isn't on my tv. But before I was using my ps4 to watch all the streaming apps as my older tv was that little bit more sluggish to use. I'm sure once PS5 is out that will be my one and all media device.

I also discovered yesterday that I can use my tv remote to navigate around the apps and control the content. Which is handy, as I hate using the ps4 controller for stuff like that.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett Yeah, I read various versions of Dracula as a child, and love the Gary Oldman movie, did you see that one as well? Much better, tour de force of vampirism in my opinion.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Ah yes, the Gary Oldman movie. I actively dislike that movie mostly due to my feelings about Oldman’s acting, I find him way too hammy. Keanu Reeves’ accent is also perhaps the worst accent in the history of acting but I do love him. The best thing that movie gave to the world was the game over screen in the Sega CD version.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zS_vmHx3UnI

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@ralphdibny I’m a home body also when not at work. I’d just as soon avoid crowds too. However, one of the few times I enjoy venturing among my fellow humans is when I go to the theater. For many movies the small screen just doesn’t quite give the same impact. Nevertheless, is there a more vile and infested gathering spot than a movie theater? 😅 All the people crammed in, sharing the same seat that dozens have sat in and spread their hands all over, with the sticky floor which harbors who knows what kind of viruses and bacteria... 😂

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic It’s one of Mel Brooks’ weaker films for sure but it’s not bad. I think I prefer Love at First Bite in terms of silly Dracula adaptations. That new BBC one was pretty good as well, Claes Bang portrayed him with the right amount of camp and the jokes landed.

RR529

InuYasha the Movie: Affections Across Time (Amazon Prime Video) - Currently rewatching the series in anticipation of the sequel, and that includes the movies in respective order. In this entry, Menomaru, a moth demon from China, sets out to get revenge against InuYasha, who's father killed his own years ago during the Mongol invasion of Japan.

Of course, not much of that will make much sense to you if you haven't seen the series, so it's definitely a watch for those already somewhat familiar with the lore, but it's a fun time if you are. Of course, being a film the animation quality is a few notches higher than it is in the TV anime, all the main characters get a chance to do their thing, and there's some decent romantic moments between the leads, so it's all good.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

nessisonett

@LN78 I actually feel the opposite about the BBC one, I wasn’t a big fan of the first episode but felt it got a lot more interesting later on, even if the 3rd episode was pretty odd. The 2nd episode was absolutely brilliant though, basically a mini horror movie in its own right. I’ll probably watch Shadow of the Vampire sooner rather than later and might try to watch more Dracula/Orlok movies so that I can properly rank the ones I’ve seen.

ralphdibny

@Th3solution I definitely agree that a lot of movies should be shown on the big screen first, in the UK we have this chain of cinemas called Cineworld and they (I'm generalising here, there are some good cineworlds) are absolutely awful. But the problem is they are quite cheap, you pay £18 a month for unlimited movies, couple that with a meerkat movie membership 2 for 1 (you get this from buying insurance but you can normally buy travel insurance for a quid and claim the membership for a year) and it works out better value than paying for seeing each movie individually. Unfortunately I've been in countless films where the 3d hasn't been calibrated properly (means a visit to a clueless usher to get them to find someone to fix it and missing more minutes of a film that I can't see anyway) or where the sounds been out of sync. Anyway that turned into a bit of a pointless rant.

What I wanted to say, was yeah cinemas are gross! Chewing gum under the seats, thrown popcorn, kids hocking bits of paper through their straws and (at my age) I don't even want to know what's going on in the back row!

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Fun fact time, my Cineworld is actually the tallest cinema in the world! And it has a glass elevator which makes me want to barf. The cinema itself isn’t awful but it’s pretty gross, I’d much rather go to the GFT, my local indie cinema and a beautiful building that’s been around since 1939.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett that elevator sounds pretty gnarly, though I'm sure the novelty would wear off

I sort of read that as barfing because it's a cheesy Charlie and the chocolate factory feature to have but I'm guessing now you mean it makes you barf because it moves you fast and high while you can see everything?

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Yeah, I’m not great with heights so shooting up into the stratosphere while in a small glass box is not my idea of fun. Beats any rollercoaster though.

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Have you ever seen the video for Breakout by Foo Fighters? Worse things can happen in a movie theater...

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@Draco_V_Ecliptic No, I haven’t seen that before but I had a quick look on YouTube. Yeah, can’t say I’ve ever had those kinds of things happen at the movies.

...And I’ve never understood why music videos often have little to nothing to do with the actual song. 😂

ralphdibny

@Th3solution @Draco_V_Ecliptic foo fighters videos used to be great, really funny parodies, not sure how relevant they were to the songs which were also great but the videos were top notch

See ya!

ralphdibny

@Draco_V_Ecliptic nah I never knew about that, I will check it out somewhere. I kind of fell out of the loop with foo fighters like most music but I haven't had the urge to go and pick up their more recent albums yet (the last foo I got I think was called echos silence patience and grace). I've picked up alot of the more recent qotsa and muse albums and I'm quite in to the prodigy and rap group outsidaz at the moment

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic