Forums

Topic: The Health, Fitness and Exercise Thread

Posts 261 to 280 of 643

Thrillho

@kyleforrester87 Nice. Do you do the same loops or explore new ones?

@ralphdibny It's going well for me thanks. I've done 15k and 16k the last two weekends with my normal Tues and Thurs 7k runs too. This is the most consistent I've ever been with my running and my longest distances too so I'm pretty happy with it all.

Thrillho

zupertramp

@ralphdibny I get out and do a 3k here and there. The problem is I've been making a point to get the entire family out jogging as it can't be good for everyone's mental health to be stuck at home all the time but this also means dealing with the logistics of getting 5 people out to run at the same time. So it's not as frequent as I'd like. But it's better than nothing.

Also haven't touched the resistance gizmo in months. Hasn't turned into a clothes rack though so there's still hope I'll get back to it I think.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

ralphdibny

@zupertramp nice one 👍. Could be good to get your own running done separately from the family runs. If you have time/energy that is! But might be good just so you don't fall behind on it.

Haha sweet. You've just reminded me of some stupid walking machine exercise thing we used to have when I was a kid. I think we got it from QVC or some other stupid shopping channel lol. But yeah, that ended up as a clothes rack!!!

See ya!

kyleforrester87

@Thrillho we tend to mix it up but we have some familiar loops in the same area, essentially we can head south out of London to Surrey for plenty of hill choices or west for flat faster loops. Today’s was south, tomorrow’s is west. It was hard work today, it started cold but by mid-day it was hot, I feel quite terrible now lol. The rest of the day is a write off, I am just going to eat and sleep and hopefully be ready for round 2 tomorrow.

Hope you all had a good day and got some exercise in too 💪🏻💪🏻

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

Managed the second 100 mile ride today - I woke up feeling pretty grim and it was really tough going. Stopped for a quick bacon and sausage bun at 50 miles which I don’t think I’d have made it home without.

Really rough going and feel terrible now 🤕🤕

kyleforrester87

Thrillho

Another 15k PB for me today 💪🏻

Thrillho

Thrillho

@kyleforrester87 That would be an average of 4mins per km so maybe for a professional!

My 10k PB is just under 49mins.

Thrillho

maryeddington

The quarantine in 2020 made me to find a sport that suits me. I really don't like the gym and I don't like running and other exercises that make me sweat. So, I really enjoyed doing a simple plank every day. I downloaded an app that increased time of plank every day. I've been doing it for a year now.

I strongly recommend you all to try

I'm Mary and I love painting, plants, and people.

ralphdibny

Had a bit of a rubbish week. It's weird, I've just been knackered all week. I did 10 mile walks on Sunday Tuesday and Thursday, weirdly these are the easiest things to get myself up and out to.

Also did the yoga/second week of couch to 5K on Monday and Wednesday, did Cto5K yesterday and yoga just now. It's not too bad getting out for the running earlyish in the day but I really struggle to motivate myself to do yoga on the same day.

I've got a job on Tuesday in London, going to park at my mates house who lives closer and walk from there. Still a 7 mile walk each way (14 round trip) with an 8 hour shift in between. Should be doable if I pack a lot of lunch lol. But yeah not going on any more long walks until then to give my feet a break.

Probably going to do Monday's Cto5K tomorrow instead for the same reason of giving my feet a break and do yoga on Monday still.

Oh yeah and I haven't done any push ups and pull ups this week. I was going to drop it down to twice a week but just didn't get the energy to do any of it. I dunno. I've been having either a PB+banana wrap or shredded wheat for breakfast and then a deli meat (mortadella or ham)+cream cheese wrap for lunch but just still not feeling it. Lost another lb or 2 this week as well though so I'm down to 17st2lbs, a BMI of 30.8. another 7lbs to go until I am "overweight".

The lethargy might be to do with my new early wake up times though. My body clock reset when I was down at my partner's house (carpe Diem and all that 😅) and I've maintained an 8ish am wake up time since then through alarms but the actual time I go to sleep is creeping back up to between midnight and 1am so I'm not always getting the full 8 hours. I suspect thats it really but is quite hard to get to sleep when I've procrastinated doing yoga until like 9pm and then have got to shower

@maryeddington nice one on the planks! I am also interested in how long you are holding it for. I do them as part of my yoga but I must say that I would probably start sweating if I had to hold one for a longer time!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

kyleforrester87

I’m going off the deep end and bought a ticket for the Ride Across Britain this September!

Lands End to John o’ Groats, 980 miles, 9 days 🤔

https://www.rideacrossbritain.com/

I need to raise £2200 for charity between now and then. Oh, and get some training in...

kyleforrester87

render

@kyleforrester87 It was only the other day I was chatting with some mates while out mountain biking and we were talking about doing this one day. Be great to have a crack at it. Good on you and hope you get the miles in before then 👍

render

kyleforrester87

@render thanks! It’ll be a challenge, but to be honest it’s the logistics of getting me and the bike to the start line and home again that sounds like the hard part right now. I can guarantee at the end of day 9 I am not going to enjoy being stuck with my bike 800 miles away from my bed lol. It’ll get sorted with various trains and transport companies.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

ralphdibny

@kyleforrester87 nice one!!! That's going to be quite the accomplishment, so annoying that John o groats is the end point and not the other way around! Then again, the trains from Scotland probably ain't too bad 🤷‍♂️

Post the fundraiser deets when you have it up and running. I'll sling you a tenner, ain't much but hopefully it adds up.

When's that other sportive thing you signed up for? Was it may or June?

See ya!

ralphdibny

I should probably update my week in exercise...

Last Sunday did my couch to 5K, Monday did my yoga, Tuesday did a 14 mile walk with an 8 hour shift in the middle... Big mistake. The walk itself was OK, it's just holding a work bag for a 5 hour round trip. My shoulders, chest and back were red as hell when I got home and I could barely move.

So Wednesday was a bust, Thursday I did my run, Friday did my run and Wednesdays yoga and Saturday did Fridays yoga. Today (Sunday) I went for a 9 mile walk.

Yes, I know I sound like the fish and a rice cake guy from YouTube 😂

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic