Forums

Topic: The Health, Fitness and Exercise Thread

Posts 281 to 300 of 643

Thrillho

@ralphdibny Blimey, that’s a good effort so you should be pleased with all of that!

As for me, I had a week off from running as I was getting some knee pains but did my normal short loop on Thursday to give me my second 100km month in a row. And then yesterday went out and got a new 10k PB 👍🏻

Thrillho

ralphdibny

@Thrillho cheers, nice one on the double month 100K and the new PB!

Managed to get in both running and yoga today. Couch to 5K is ramping up, it had two 3 minute run segments and two 5 minute run segments. Same again on Wednesday. Friday has a full 20 minutes though 😱. Bit nervous about that!

See ya!

Thrillho

@ralphdibny Just pace yourself well. If you’ve been doing the app so far you must have a decent idea of what a comfortable pace is for you. Just drop it down a little and try not to count down the minutes too much!

Thrillho

ralphdibny

@Thrillho cheers for the tips. My running pace seems to be getting slower and slower as the weeks go on lol. I know it's more about building stamina right now though

See ya!

kyleforrester87

@ralphdibny Thanks, not sure I am allowed to post it here but I think I can put it in my signature or something so maybe I'll do that.

Well done with the running, I am thinking I might give that a go next year...

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

LieutenantFatman

Had a month off the kettlebell swings as my arm wasn't in great shape due to an injection nipping my vein and causing a big bruise . Got back into them again earlier, going to be sore tomorrow!

LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

@kyleforrester87
Definitely worth considering, really handy that they take up such little space. I should probably do some squats as well, good idea.

LieutenantFatman

ralphdibny

@LieutenantFatman nice one 👍, covid jab was it? I actually tried swinging a kettlebell not long ago. I should probably watch a video on how to do it because I was just flailing it about like a mad man 😂

I've managed to keep up yoga and couch to 5K, struggled through the absolute lethargy I felt for a couple of weeks back there for some reason. I made a mistake about that 20 min run, it's actually going to be this Friday rather than last Friday.

I've had a lot of stuff to do lately too so my walking has taken a hit. I've only been getting out for one 9 miler every week on a Sunday.

I'm working every day this week so trying to space out the couch to 5K and yoga to see how I handle it around a full working week

The most annoying thing that I dropped during that period of tiredness was the push ups/pull ups. I plan to slowly reintroduce them at some point but I fear their extended absence will have knocked me back a stage or two.

But yeah, still getting some form of exercise most days a week so not a complete write off. I have "felt fat" for the last week or so but I did weigh myself yesterday and I am 17st1lb(6ft2) so I am still losing weight, albeit quite slowly. BMI is currently 30.6

See ya!

render

@ralphdibny Great work, it sounds like it's paying off so definitely worth continuing. Exercise is a weird thing in some respects as if you feel tired then it will put you off doing it but often it's the best thing to do as it reinvigorates you.

I'd spent all day yesterday with the kids and doing house work and felt pretty knackered but forced myself to go for a run in the evening and felt way better once I was out than before I went. I'm glad I pushed myself to get up and out as otherwise I'd be here this morning feeling bad that I didn't go out 😂

render

ralphdibny

@render ah nice! Cheers, yeah I definitely know what you mean! Just gets the blood pumping a bit and even heals up non injured but still aching body parts a bit.

Not sure what was going on that last few weeks, might have been over worked from the previous week, not enough rest and sleep, maybe even diet. I've been getting up early like 8 or 9 but my bed time hasn't always reflected that.

Anyway, off out for a couch to 5K now before I have to prep for going to work later this afternoon!

See ya!

LieutenantFatman

@ralphdibny
Yep, covid jabs are sorted now, which is nice! Definitely check a quick tutorial before swinging the kettlebell, don't want to risk an injury. And I recommend doing leg stretches, that's an area that is usually sore for me after doing some swings.

LieutenantFatman

ralphdibny

@LieutenantFatman oh sweet, both of them? That's awesome! In 14 days you will be all good then! I'm still waiting for even my first one, I'm just quite glad that now they are going to give us a choice of vaccines where available

See ya!

LieutenantFatman

@ralphdibny
Yep, I'm all vaccined up! I am amazed we're in a situation now where people will be able to choose which one they'd like. Didn't seem that likely we'd even have one by this point 12 months ago, it's quite incredible.

LieutenantFatman

ralphdibny

I kneed a door handle trying to open it while my hands were full. Pretty silly really. A bit of my knee is sticking out. I think it's just swollen, I hope. It hurts but I'll see how it is in the morning

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Door handles are no joke. I whacked my tooth off a door handle when I was a kid and the whole tooth turned black and had to be removed. Death traps, they are!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett turned black?! Crimeny. I guess it bled up/down from the root or something. Pretty rank though 😅

I just feel like an idiot, there's always something stupid in my house that injures me, it's so annoying. Last year I put my back out stepping over the stair gate (we have dogs) which put me out of action for weeks. I just hoping this is OK by tomorrow so I can exercise...or its the size of a grapefruit so I have a legitimate excuse to call in sick 😂

See ya!

kyleforrester87

100 miles with 6500 climbing yesterday and 100 miles with 7500 feet of climbing today 🥵🥵 The training milestone was back to back 100 miles with 6500 climbing so I’m on track.

My weekend has literally just begun!

Yesterday was ok. Started sore and got worse today. I have a problem with my tooth at the moment and I think being tired made it worse. The pain started to radiate to behind my eye. I had a couple of paracetamol after 50 miles and felt a lot better for it. Finished really strong all things considered.

Ate a lot today too which definitely helped. 4 sausage rolls, jerky, 5 energy bars, 750ml energy drink and 750ml water while on the move. Stopped for a sausage and bacon bun and a coffee. 2 slices of toast with mountains of butter and jam, and a bowl of muesli before setting off. Fitbit reckons I’ve burnt 12000 calories yesterday and today 😬

Super wet both days, soaked through. Riding partner got 3 punctures today.

🤷‍♂️

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Thrillho

@kyleforrester87 Ruddy hell, that’s a fair effort and sounds like you earned the sausage rolls.

I only managed to burn 1,200 calories on my 15k this weekend. A fair bit of climbing for me too..

Untitled

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic