Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 9,101 to 9,120 of 10,111

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets It’s a shame to see him out but he did play his best tennis in years!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett Totally agree. Makes me hopeful he can get some more wins and get his ranking back up so maybe by the time the French Open comes around (if he decides to play) or Wimbledon he will have a much easier draw into the tournament.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nomither6

@NeonPizza dang ,

so xbox has been relegated to a BC machine or complete irrelevancy

nintendo’s been relegated to a nintendo machine

sonys been relegated to a psvr machine

and PC is for games , wow . 😂

nomither6

JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@NeonPizza Interesting that your passion is both for retro gaming and for the latest maxed out graphical and frame rate updates. It’s great to live in two ends of the technological spectrum, I guess. 😄 If only we could get Super Mario 2 in 8K at 144 fps, eh?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MightyDemon82

Apparently there are kids identifying as cats at my old academy 😳. Made it into the National and it's all over Facebook. Kids are either taking the p**s or it's a serious cry for help.

MightyDemon82

The_Moose

@MightyDemon82

"Apparently there are kids identifying as cats at my old academy"

Are they climbing trees and not coming down?

Playing with balls of string?

Edited on by The_Moose

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

sorteddan

@MightyDemon82
Do they have separate toilets or just a litter tray in the corner?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

MightyDemon82 wrote:

Apparently there are kids identifying as cats at my old academy 😳. Made it into the National and it's all over Facebook. Kids are either taking the p**s or it's a serious cry for help.

Ladies and gentleman… and everyone else, I give you 21st Century Earth! Enjoy

**** DLC!

Fight_Teza_Fight

That latest Hogwarts Legacy article sure is ‘something’.
I’ve got to hope that once the game is out people will move on.

I don’t think the site’s stance is doing it any favours as you actively encourage extremes from both sides.
You get the people that agree with JK & take it as an opportunity to take shots at the other side & then you have the people that will vehemently defend their stance.
That leaves us with the middle, which is the majority but the least vocal that have the thing they’re looking forward to being ruined.

The reality is that JK was likely already paid a licensing fee when the game was first developed. She might have some points on how well the game sells & the argument can be made that it enhances her notoriety.
However the reality is that she’s a billionaire. How well this game does is negligible to her.
Even if hypothetically speaking no one buys the game, it wouldn’t affect her- just the devs & the studio.

We all try & live moral lives (most of us anyways), but the reality is that it’s just not possible. Our phones, consoles, clothes, etc… are made by literal slaves working in the most horrific conditions.
Video game based on someone’s work that you don’t agree with is in the big picture a strange sword to die on.

I don’t agree with JK & her beliefs. HP is bigger than she’ll ever be. She’s just a footnote.

/rant over
Needed to get that off my chest. Hogwarts Legacy articles are just a complete **** show.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

kyleforrester87

Those article comments just need turning off entirely, it's super tiresome. But then, some people need to wear themselves out.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nitram2k11

colonelkilgore wrote:

MightyDemon82 wrote:

Ladies and gentleman… and everyone else, I give you 21st Century Earth! Enjoy

Stop the planet, I want to get off.

nitram2k11

PSN: nitram2k11

JohnnyShoulder

sorteddan wrote:

@MightyDemon82
Do they have separate toilets or just a litter tray in the corner?

Comment of the week! 🤣

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Fight_Teza_Fight I have to agree. Honestly, I have decided to steer relatively clear of celebrities’ political and ideological opinions, with rare exceptions. The reason being, as you state, that almost all people of power and influence have varying degrees of crazy ideas or dark skeletons in the closet. Especially creatives, be they authors, musicians, game developers, or actors, they tend to be the most off-the-rails with their opinions. I think many people will take issue with my “burying my head in the sand” philosophy or trying to just ignore as much as I can, but the current state of the world and its occupants has created the situation for me in which I can’t really live a mentally healthy life if I get too caught up in the details of famous peoples’ lives.

I’m not denying people their right to boycott what they want to boycott, but 90% of the time I have to agree that attempting to live a moral life regarding our consumer choices is futile and I end up feeling like a hypocrite if I don’t support this nefarious company or product and yet I do support this other dishonorable one. I have more concern when consumer products are linked to unsavory institutional behavior rather than to one influential person.

I’m sure I do have my own “swords to die on” and so I reserve the right to take my own stances if/when they occur. But as a whole, I’ve just had to accept that people are nuts, in general.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Zuljaras

MightyDemon82 wrote:

That is cool! If they are clever, they could identify as dogs and ate their own homework! What a prosperous time to live in!

MightyDemon82

@The_Moose @sorteddan @nitram2k11 @Zuljaras @colonelkilgore Some great comments there 😂.

I'm hoping that it's all a load of nonsense, like the rubbish you see printed in the likes of the sun. In today's crazy world you just never know, Perhaps the kids are just being kids or are taking advantage of this modern world where you can change into what you like. A bit like Iain Banks Culture series!

MightyDemon82

Ralizah

So, turns out my ancient GPU from 2015 is enough to run Forspoken. At least, the demo version. Kinda.

I was surprised how well the game run. Certainly the framerate is likely all over the place, but it was smooth enough that I had no issues with combat/exploration/etc., aside from just not liking the mechanics involved with combat one bit.

The catch? The game sorta looked like a PS3 demake. Good lord were there some hideous assets! And a general blurriness to everything.

But it ran.

@MightyDemon82 I'm not gonna insist that the stuff you're reading is fake without evidence. What I will say is that there were already "reports" of schools putting out litter boxes for students who identified as cats months ago in the U.S., and it turned out to be some bogus right-wing moral panic over nothing.

When you're reading an outrageous claim online, consider the source.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if every school has at least one furry-inclined student who wants to freak people out, either.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah There’s about a 99% chance that the story’s fake and even if it’s true, the kids are winding people up. Teenagers are much more clued into the world than people give them credit for, and they consistently use that to wind up authority figures.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

kyleforrester87

So no one is gunna help me with my above music query huh? Fair enough.

In other news, I currently have 7 mouth ulcers. Eating sucks, talking sucks.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic