Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 8,661 to 8,680 of 10,111

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 That is just Jam, surely?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Heh, thanks for asking! I mean, it's me, so a new 3D modern Sonic game will always be hitting a ten on that scale, but Frontiers is really starting to solidify that ten. There are very few "so long as..." or "but only if..." caveats this time around. It really looks like it'll be something special.

My only frustration is that I won't be able to play it 'til this time next week, so I'll have to stick my fingers in my ears and ignore the internet for a couple days after Tuesday.

Will you be getting it at launch and, if so, on what platform?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

@RogerRoger Ah sucks that you won't be playing it on release. But hey, you won't be the only one who'll have to wait a couple of days. I'm leaning towards getting it at launch and using some of my in-store points so that I can get a hefty discount. But the store I'll be ordering from never sends out their games so that they'll arrive on release day (even though they say that on their site lol). Usually it takes 3-4 days for the package to arrive after they send it and if I preorder the game this weekend, I'll probably get the game on Thursday. Which I don't mind since I'm in no rush to play games these days.

I was briefly debating to myself which platform to get the game on and I think I'll be getting it on Series X. It doesn't make sense for me to get the PS4 version as the current-gen version will run better, and while the Switch version offers portability, I'm kinda hesitant the game will perform well on Switch considering it's an open world title. Either way, I feel like getting the PS5/Series X version is the best option.

LtSarge

themcnoisy

@Kairu how could I forget about you Ky! You are a boss. Watching you beat cuphead on the hardest difficulty was a sight to behold. And yes I am still alive. I'm going to be gaming on the PS5 a lot more in the upcoming weeks so hopefully will spend a bit more time back in the forum's and on rocket league

@Th3solution Hey Sol, ok so that's a challenge. We will have to run a poll. Maybe best game of all time again. I'm up for it, if you are? We will split the work possibly 😃 maybe kick it off in January? But seriously 😳 should we?

@JohnnyShoulder on the money Johnny. I leapt to the Xbox like a gazelle. It's been a lot of fun honestly and it has MS rewards so it pays for itself. I'm gamed out in a few ways, obtained 55k gamerscore since January. The big issue are the lack of big games. Spiderman, Detroit become human and Ghost of Tsushima wipe the floor with anything on Xbox. Forza and the Master Chief Collection are amazing but otherwise I dunno, when you play Spiderman and then the marquee game on Gamepass is Assassin's Creed Odyssey it's a big drop off. Even then Deathloop imo is an acquired taste, scorn, Persona 5 which I played 4 years ago.... Yeah it's all a bit too safe and average. Great if you ever fancy a year away from PS though 😉

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Th3solution

@themcnoisy Oh yeah, chief! 👊🏼 I think the forum could use a Megapoll. There’s some newcomers that have never been involved in one. It’s been a few years since the last ‘greatest game of all time’ one, so maybe that would work. I think last time we did a poll to choose the category of poll we were going to do 😅.

Either way, I think early next year is a good goal. @RogerRoger has his screenshot competition coming up at end of year, and there will be GOTY threads popping up also, so we probably need to put some distance between those.

But yeah, I’m on board to help out, but I am a lot busier than I was 2 years ago when we did the last one. But if we divide it up I can be an assistant.

Ponder it over coming months. We have GoW Ragnarok which people need to digest anyway. Methinks it would be in the running, based on early reviews. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Fight_Teza_Fight

@themcnoisy Great to see you around Noisy! As @Th3solution said another mega poll would be great. I kind of thought PushSquare would start making it annually after the ultimate character poll but it looks like they dropped it.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

RogerRoger

@LtSarge I'm gonna bide my time by re-watching the movies, and maybe playing a few zones and levels from some old favourites. I'm in the same boat as you; a lot of places that used to promise release-day delivery have reneged in the current cost-cutting, strike-happy climate. Same happened to Gotham Knights, but it didn't kill me to wait a couple of days (it's such a first world problem).

Smart platform choice, by the way. It'll sell most on Switch, because that's where Sonic's target audience lives nowadays, but I'm reminded of when I tried the Switch port of Forces and... well, yeah. I'm sure it'll be perfectly playable, and perhaps even quite impressive "for the Switch" (might've even seen reports that it's using some fancy software trick to try and work better) but if you've got access to more powerful hardware, then it'd only make sense if you crave portability.

@nomither6 Awesome! Looking forward to seeing what you and @LtSarge make of it!

@Th3solution Correction for the record, buddy: it's not my screenshot competition, but rather the annual awarding of The MC Noisy Award for Best Screenshot! All I'm doing is keeping it warm on behalf of its legendary creator and namesake!

@themcnoisy Great to "see" you, my friend! Glad you're keeping well!

Also, if there's another megapoll on the horizon, I'd be happy to play a supporting role, time permitting.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I moved our discussion so as not to derail the other thread too much.

Ha ha yeah that was me. I write in every now and again. I did get a buzz out if it and almost felt like my 5 mins of fame. 😂

It has become almost like a ritual for me, listening/watching it over the weekend, and then all the '+' content during the week.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

themcnoisy

@Kairu doubt it mate I'm only D2. We will set something up next week

@Th3solution deal, no refunds. Will message you in January. Thank you Sol it will be fun.

@Fight_Teza_Fight hey Teza, great to see you posting again. How's things?

@JudgeDredd arite Frigate. Good to hear from you bro. How's life?

@RogerRoger nice and thank you bro. I will take you up on that for sure! Good luck with the screenshot competition.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I really want to listen to some of the ‘+’ episodes but I’m not a patron and I can barely keep up with the weekly shows. But some of the supplemental shows sound really interesting.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Yeah they have been some really good ones. Some of them do come to you scally wags eventually.

MightyDemon82

Anyone enjoying a good fireworks display this evening?

Will they ever create silent ones to not scare the crap out of animals?

MightyDemon82

Thrillho

@MightyDemon82 There aren’t many by us but our dog is a working breed and LOVES the sound of fireworks

I used to live in Plymouth and they have the National firework championships there every year out at sea and the balcony of the flat I used to live in had pretty much the best view to watch them.

Thrillho

MightyDemon82

@Thrillho that's unusual but I guess he/she is just used to loud bangs.

Sounds good, I had a similar view of the beach where they set them off in Aberdeen at my last place. Obviously wouldn't have been as spectacular as national championship ones though!

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

@MightyDemon82 @Thrillho I've not been to any for years as the last few I did were a bit lame. There was one I went to one year which was by a bloke who did them for one of the Olympics. Now that was a spectacular show.

kyleforrester87

@MightyDemon82 close to silent fireworks certainly exist, everyone just likes the ones that go kaboom!

I don’t mind them in moderation. I live near somewhere that goes nuts for Diwali and from 6pm>2am on the first night it was like a war zone. There were just constant explosions all around you, car alarms going off, dogs barking and it just didn’t stop. Continued for a few nights. Actual bonfire night and New Year’s Eve in comparison is incredibly tame. If you can imagine the most intense part of a usual NYE display, that normally lasts about 15 seconds, Diwali was basically that extended over 8 hours!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic