Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 8,421 to 8,440 of 10,083

The_Moose

RIP Queen Elizabeth II.

Thank you for everything you did for your country.

Edited on by The_Moose

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Happy Birthday, try not to drink too much Irn-Bru!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RR529

Condolences to my friends over in Britain. As an American I can't say it affects me in the same manner as it does to you folks across the pond, but she's been such a constant in the world culture it's going to be strange without her.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

nessisonett

Thanks everyone! Seeing as the telly’s off for obvious reasons, I might just watch Thor seeing as it’s on Disney+.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HarmanSmith

@nessisonett Happy birthday from Mexico! It is always nice and interesting to read your posts.

HarmanSmith

Gremio108

Not really a royalist (although I've nothing against them) but I know a good monarch when I see one, and she never put a foot wrong! Does anyone know if the UK has ever had a new PM and a new monarch in the same week? It must have happened before at some point?

@nessisonett Happy birthday! Hope it's been a good one, world events notwithstanding!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Voltan

I may or may not entered midlife crisis early and got myself a brand new Mac Studio for my music production needs. It's amazing what such a tiny box can do.
It's still gonna take a while to set everything up (I got a ton of software to install) but I'm excited to get back to work with it some time next week, because I honestly felt a little fatigued and unmotivated after working in a Windows environment for a few years (even though my PC is not half bad).
Not gonna lie though, while I'd argue the computer is worth the steep price (depending on what you're going to use it for, I guess), the prices on Mac accessories are MAD.

Voltan

nessisonett

@Voltan One of the most bizarre aspects of doing a computing degree was the heated arguments between Mac, Windows and Linux users. I prefer Windows myself because I probably spent more time playing games than studying so I had my own issues with certain languages but the Mac and Linux users used to convince me to join their side! That Mac Studio does look bloody good for creatives though, it feels like Apple have made a product specifically for their market which is always good. And yes, as a former Mac owner back in the early 2010s, accessories are insane. We had a Magic Mouse and the wireless keyboard and they alone were a nonsense price. We only got the Mac back then because basically the whole extended family chipped in as we’d recently finally gotten permanent social housing, I’m not sure I could put that money down for a Mac these days!

Jimmer-jammer

@Voltan I upgraded my workstation about a year ago and haven’t looked back!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

nessisonett

Switching my broadband provider so I’ll be without internet for the next few days. Won’t be around much until the new router’s up and running!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Someone else will have to be the top paid commentator in articles for the time being then! 😂

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

I DON’T HAVE ANY F**KING INTERNET AND THERE’S A NINTENDO DIRECT AND STATE OF PLAY

MightyDemon82

@nessisonett I haven't had any internet since the 26th of August when we moved house, finally getting fibre installed tomorrow though. Was a real pain as Vodafone said not possible and Cityfibre said it was and I can clearly see outside the box at the end of the street and all the markings left from digging up the pavements. Glad it got resolved though!

MightyDemon82

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic