Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 8,441 to 8,460 of 10,096

JohnnyShoulder

@MightyDemon82 They wondered why I changed providers when I gave them some feedback. They also did not connect my new house to the Internet when I moved, even though they were supposed to. Luckily it was only for a few days and I was too busy unpacking to miss it too much.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

MightyDemon82

@JohnnyShoulder That's the same with us. Only just set the t.v. and PS5 up on Saturday. Any recommendations for a great router for fibre? The Vodafone one will be fine but I'd like something that can take advantage of having fibre.

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

@MightyDemon82 Pass, as I'm using the one Virgin Media supplied.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

"Hey Rog, what's that one game, that one iconic landmark title, that you've never owned? That game that you've been itching to play your entire life?"

"GoldenEye 007. Why?"

"Oh, it's just that it's finally getting a remaster."

"Really?!"

"Yep. And it's gonna be available on every console you don't own."

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

@MightyDemon82 If you mean wifi, no router will take advantage of a fast internet connection. If you mean wired, it's pretty much any router. Hope that helps

Voltan

HallowMoonshadow

I mean I'm not surprised to hear that in the slightest @RogerRoger with it being a Rare title. It was unfortunately only ever gonna be on Switch & Xbox.

Wait... doesn't your partner have a Switch? You can play it there can't you? It's not the greatest solution obviously as you won't have it yourself on your shiny PS5 but... It's better then not ever playing it right?

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@HallowMoonshadow Yeah, you're right. I guess I was just hoping that the Bond producers would step in and sort something out (they carry a lot more weight than the publishers and developers in this regard) but alas, it's gone exactly the way I figured it would. Oh well.

A Switch and an Xbox Series X, yes. The problem is, I'm too nice a person to make him sit there and watch me play something he has zero interest in whilst I'm visiting. It's bad enough that I make him keep current on all the new Star Wars shows (at least there, he's able to appreciate them from a technical standpoint, as he appreciates all the cutting-edge audio and visual stuff)!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I wouldn't think the Bond producers give a flying flip @RogerRoger on some dinky N64 remaster myself beyond more green lining their pockets 😅

Oh darn... Your Star Wars obsession comes to haunt you! If only you wasn't so laser focused on SW ya could've been playing GoldenEye!

Oh yeah you visit them not live with them... Obviously not the most elegant solution but you could always try playing them when he's asleep if you feel that guilty?

-Shrug- All I could think of whilst on my lunch break... 😄

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I assume you need to subscribe to Nintendo Online to access it also? Unless your partner is already subbed?

MightyDemon82

And we are back online. Will have to catch up on all things Playstation and Nintendo since I missed the showcases.

@Voltan I was thinking more along the lines of boosting signal but up and running and all seems fine.

Edited on by MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

Thrillho

All these "Yakuza" announcements over the last 24 hours..

Untitled

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@HallowMoonshadow The Bond producers are famously discerning (they're the ones who've kept Bond away from videogames since 2012, and would've had final say on all this, completely separate from whatever deal Nintendo and Microsoft worked out). I'd also take strong issue with calling one of the most important and influential games of all time "a dinky N64 remaster", but I do take your point regardless!

If anything, my Star Wars obsession has helped more than hindered; without it, we'd often be stuck for things to watch, or at least agree to watch together! We have vastly different tastes. Thank goodness he's an audio-visual nerd, otherwise all of my "constructed reality" nonsense would never fly!

Hey, I appreciate the attempt, all the same!

@JohnnyShoulder I think he is, yeah. Not sure for how much longer, but he might've gotten a year back when the Animal Crossing stuff dropped. He's definitely got Game Pass, though, and since the added online functionality doesn't bother me, I'd opt for Xbox if given the choice.

Bottom line is, though, that I've lived without GoldenEye 007 for twenty-five years, so I can clearly exist without its presence in my life. Flippant GIF-laden post aside, my actual reaction to the news has ended up falling somewhere between "I'm really looking forward to replaying Syphon Filter 2 next week!" and "Thank goodness I'm not a lifelong Spidey fan stuck with an Xbox, eh?!"

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

Anyone know what this Capcom thing is in the 'Upcoming Events' bit at 3? Normally Push Square does an article if a stream is coming up.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

colonelkilgore

@BearsEatBeets just their showing at the Tokyo Game Show I think mate. Should get some more Rem4ke and SF6 I’d imagine.

**** DLC!

BearsEatBeets

@colonelkilgore I'll probably just check on Youtube if not on here. I'll only be half watching anyway as I'm watching tennis at the moment. Thanks for replying though mate. I've left my PS4 on updating GTA V just in case it's needed. I haven't used it for a few weeks and it had a few updates including a system update. One for RDR2 which surprised me, I thought they weren't touching that anymore

BearsEatBeets

ShogunRok

@BearsEatBeets We're not planning on hosting any streams here on the site (TGS is always a bit up and down with its schedule, which makes it difficult), but we'll obviously be posting timely news articles on anything relevant to PlayStation.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

BearsEatBeets

@ShogunRok Fair enough. With the quality of streams lately (Sony aside) it's probably best to check up on news after. Thanks for responding.

BearsEatBeets

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic