Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 8,341 to 8,360 of 10,089

MightyDemon82

@Voltan Have you had a go as Bridget yet? Fun character. I'm 7 hours away from the 300 mark and almost at 2000 wins with Axl. Definitely find myself lasting longer on the 10th floor, thanks to your tips.

Edited on by MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

nessisonett

Apparently my graduation ceremony will be on Halloween. Tempted to turn up in a hockey mask with a chainsaw.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

@MightyDemon82 I did get the DLC but I’m a rushdown ape in these games so I’m not sure I’d ever learn any cool yo-yo setups and such
Seems interesting though and I already saw some players do some cool stuff

Voltan

MightyDemon82

@Voltan Haha I've been looking at matchups of Axl Vs Chipp to try and improve my game, what really irks me though about this game, are players who spam the same move. Bandit Bringer, Mega Fist and Ky's overhead kick are the the ones that make me want to throw my pad 😂

MightyDemon82

Voltan

@MightyDemon82 Ky’s “overhead kick” is not actually overhead, although I suppose it’s in some cases easier to punish if you block high
If they use it all the time, counter it with 6p. They’ll learn not to do it the hard way.

Voltan

Voltan

If you ever get a chance to see Tesseract (the British band) live, please do.

Voltan

Thrillho

nessisonett wrote:

Apparently my graduation ceremony will be on Halloween. Tempted to turn up in a hockey mask with a chainsaw.

@nessisonett going up to collect his degree like;

Untitled

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@nessisonett The only problem is, unless your real name is Aaron A. Aaronson, you'll likely be the sixth or seventh person in line to make the same kinda joke!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

@GLekter
No absolutely not. As the popular saying goes..
'One should never mix friendship and financial consultants.'

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

RogerRoger

@GLekter Assuming that's a typo and then making a further assumption based on where you chose to ask your question then no, I wouldn't recommend giving anybody access to your PSN account.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

Oh that makes so much more sense! Good deductive skills @RogerRoger

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

JohnnyShoulder

@sorteddan That had me totally puzzled as well! 😂 Luckily we have the one smart guy in the place @RogerRoger to handle this one!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

Over the last year, what the longest time period you’ve gone without turning on one of your gaming systems?

When I turned on my PS5 tonight, I just realized it had been over two weeks for me, and I don’t think it’s been much longer than 2-3 weeks of dormancy for me this past couple years. I don’t think I’ve gone a full month in a while. When life is busy, it might be just gaming once every two weeks for a while, but usually I get a smidgen of gaming every 2-3 weeks at least. When life is good, it will be 3-4 days per week.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Hardly ever. Can't remember the last time I went on a typical vacation, and even when I visit my folks for a few days I can log into my profile on my Dad's PS4. I may have the odd day when I don't feel like gaming, usually when I'm hungover, but I haven't felt that rough in yonks.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LN78

@Th3solution Even over the last few weeks when my games room has been a literal building site I've still managed the odd blast via the Switch or the Vita. I fell off gaming altogether for a good long while about a year and a half ago when my dad passed away. I don't think I picked up a controller at all for at least three months and then it was some good old fashioned comfort gaming on retro hardware that pulled me back in.

LN78

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Vacation and travel are definitely the times when I will take the most extended gaming breaks. I used to take my Vita if I traveled and still get some time in, but lately I just can’t feel compelled to do that. When I have a “staycation” and take time away from working but don’t leave town, the gaming really ramps up.

@LN78 I totally get it. Gaming is often quite therapeutic, in that “I had a bad day and now I want to escape and just blow things up in a virtual setting” kind of way. But for me during the most intense stress, like when I’ve lost loved ones or have sick family or friends, I disengage with gaming altogether.

@ThereThere The pandemic definitely changed many aspects of life, and video gaming really received a boon from it all. Strangely enough, when I scan my game and trophy list, I played more games in 2018 than I did in 2019 or in 2020. There’s been a very slight decline in number of games played over the last 4 years. Weird. I didn’t expect that.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

Just upgraded my phone and for the first time ever I’ve gone I-phone over android. Ordered one of those PlayStation themed Backbone’s too, so I’m looking forward to trying out the remote play.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic