Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 8,181 to 8,200 of 10,078

HallowMoonshadow

Didn't want to derail the impressions thread like it already has been so I thought I'd post here instead.

You've already heard a lot from what the other's have had to say (thanks to me being super late to the party in regards to this bombshell) but that's a real big step you're taking there @RogerRoger and I'm real proud of you too for doing it and starting to make a lifelong dream of yours a reality.

Gonna miss those reviews of yours for sure but that book you're shooting for is totally worth missing out on a few dumb game reviews

I wish you all the luck Rog in your future endeavours

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@HallowMoonshadow Thanks for posting this over here. I didn't anticipate so many generous replies, and am obviously beyond grateful to a degree words can't cover, but I do feel bad about swamping that page of the review topic (especially in the wake of Ral's excellent Super Mario 3D Land write-up).

To you, @nessisonett @Tjuz @R1spam and @sorteddan and again, to everybody else who previously replied to my post, thank you for saying such kind things!

Ness, when you're a successful journalist, please give my book a good review (even if it's trash)!

Tjuz, it's great to see you again! Never feel bad for your level of engagement around here, even if it's as minimal as it has been. We all do what we can, right? It's silly, but part of me still feels bad for that whole Life is Strange 2 thing a while back! And rest assured, if I ever do become a "big shot" as you predict, then I'll go full Oprah on y'all. You get a PS6, and you get a PS6, and you get a PS6!!

R1, thanks for putting it that way! Getting the ball rolling has been less "joyful" and more "stressful" but that's always the case with beginnings. I'm sure I'll get there!

Dan, to have made you laugh means a lot, so thanks for saying that!

Foxy (because you'll always be Foxy to me), cheers for finally being honest about all my reviews and calling them "dumb"...! Only kidding, I know what you mean... or at least I hope I do, and that this isn't some terrible deluded mistake I'm about to embark upon...?!

Am opting for the macho nod of appreciation this time...

Untitled

...but only because the helmet hides the tears.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

Hey @RogerRoger, just caught these comments and wondered what was going on. The review thread is not one I've checked in on many times (probably my loss there) but checked in and saw what's going. So wanted to say despite rarely checking the thread I can recall being impressed by reading some of your work there (Tomb Raider and James Bond spring to mind). I wish you well in your endeavor, you never know what you can achieve until you try.
Will Roger Roger be your pen name? If so I'll keep an eye out to put in my day one order.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger guess I must’ve missed the memo on this one too… but all the best buddy. Always appreciated your positivity, kindness and eloquence. I’m hoping that this endeavour won’t deprive us all of your presence too much 😉.

**** DLC!

Anti-Matter

Guys, look at my first PS5 game ever. 😄
Untitled

I opened this PS5 game first since I really love Kao the Kangaroo new design and I want to register that game as my first PS5 game purchase.
And then I opened the 2nd and 3rd PS5 games. 😃
Untitled

Untitled

I don't have PS5 machine yet but I can prepare the games first for future investment. I have to wait patiently until I can buy PS5 machine and able to play my purchased PS5 games.

Anti-Matter

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets @colonelkilgore Thanks for your replies the other day, and apologies for the delay. Am very grateful for the well-wishes and will do my best to live up to the faith everybody clearly has in me! I'll be around as much as I can, but perhaps in shorter, more periodic bursts, s'all.

And no, my pen name won't be Roger Roger! Although, seeing it written like that... hmm... that's not the worst idea in the world, come to think of it...! It's far better than anything I've come up with thusfar!

@Anti-Matter Congratulations on securing those games! I'm glad you were able to get Kao as you'd planned, and make it your first ever PS5 game! Here's hoping he's the start of a big collection!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

MightyDemon82

@RogerRoger Great that your doing that. Something I've always wanted to do myself, maybe once we finally find out forever home. Best of luck on the novel and I'll definitely pick up a copy.

MightyDemon82

nessisonett

It’s the last days of Rome! Tempted to grab some popcorn.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LieutenantFatman

I just read he plans to resign later today. But not with immediate effect, he plans to continue as Big Boss until the Autumn. At which point there will be a final battle between him and Gove.

LieutenantFatman

nessisonett

@LieutenantFatman Guess that means they still win the next election. The public will lap up whatever excrement stuffed into a suit replaces him.

The_Moose

@nessisonett The worst thing about the whole situation is the opposition are not serious nor worthy of consideration. If the Tories win the next GE the feebleness of the opposition is to blame.

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

LieutenantFatman

@nessisonett
It seems to me that most will vote for whatever is the biggest personality, who makes the biggest promises, regardless of whether they are achievable or believable. Of course this has always been the case, but with TV and social media and our celebrity worship culture, it feels more so than ever.

I'm sure it's a little more complex than that but seeing what happened with both Trump & Boris, I expect this trend to continue for some time.

LieutenantFatman

Th3solution

I know nothing about the political climate in the UK and almost nothing about it in my own home country of US, but I do observe a trend that the type of personality that goes into politics and running for public office leans toward the narcissistic, greedy, power-hungry, and/or delusional. I’m sure there are persons of integrity, innovation, intelligence, and justness who have interest in serving the public good, but the mess that is a career in public office is likely enough to drive the sane people away from getting involved.

Or perhaps everyone who seeks high office has good intentions to begin with and the time spent in the system is what corrupts them. Like maybe they are socialized into becoming scoundrels. 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Anti-Matter

@RogerRoger
On my list, I have accumulated almost 30 PS5 titles. It was a good beginning for PS5 since 2 years ago have been released. I saw more kids games got physical release on PS5 as well from publishers such as Microids (Smurfs Mission Vileaf, My Universe games), OG Games (Paw Patrol, My Little Pony, Transformers Battleground), GameMill, etc. Those publishers are really contributing for kids games on modern consoles.
I really hope PS5 will not ended like Wii U due to shortage and lower sales than Switch.
Still a long journey to build my PS5 games as fast as my other consoles since I don't have PS5 machine yet.

Anti-Matter

BearsEatBeets

Wow Nadal has pulled out of his Wimbledon semi-final so Kyrgios is straight into Sunday's final. Should be fun. Hopefully Cam can meet him there.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

Bloody hell, crazy scenes in Japan. Was never a fan of Shinzo Abe’s politics but truly shocking for someone to just rock up and shoot him.

RogerRoger

Just going back to Wednesday (making no comment on the bizarre and tragic headlines that've interjected in the meantime) to thank @MightyDemon82 for their reply. Here's where it turns out we've both got the same idea for a novel, and it's a race to see who gets published first...!!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic