Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 8,101 to 8,120 of 10,090

nomither6

happy first day of summer everybody . my favorite season ! 😁 hope it’s a long one ☀️☀️

nomither6

Ninfan

Does it take long to get into an online game in fall guys on PS. I'm playing it on switch and I'm still waiting 30 minutes to get playing

Ninfan

Voltan

@Ninfan They acknowledged some problems with matchmaking after the re-launch - I think it affected all platforms but should get better soon (if it hasn't already)

Voltan

Thrillho

@Ninfan Yeah, it was the same at the original launch; a massive sudden influx of players. So it’ll either calm down when people give up or they sort it out on their end.

Thrillho

Jimmer-jammer

Ireland based Keywords Studios’ 16 Edmonton, Alberta employees (a QA team contracted to Edmonton’s BioWare) have voted to unionize - a first for Canada. Could signal a change within the industry here going forward.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

nessisonett

@Jimmer-jammer Nice to see, employees have been taken for granted for far too long in this industry, especially when it comes to contractors.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Jimmer-jammer

@nessisonett yeah, hopefully it brings some positive change within an industry where passion is far too exploitable. Unionizing can come with it’s own drawbacks but in this case I think it’s the right move, and historic for us Canucks.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

nessisonett

@Jimmer-jammer I honestly didn’t realise there were similar problems in Canada to the US when it comes to unionising. We don’t hear a whole lot over here about Canada despite obviously the whole ‘used to own it’ deal.

Jimmer-jammer

@nessisonett Yeah, within the games industry it’s been non-existent.

Thrillho

@nessisonett @Jimmer-jammer It’s a shame that right leaning governments have done such a good job of making the word “union” so dirty.

There’s big disputes going on in the UK for rail workers and the language used in the media to describe the unions is so grim. But who’d have thought the mega rich newspaper owners might be against workers collectively standing up for themselves?

As a doctor, I’m a member of our union but they’re a bit rubbish to be honest. It often feels more about PR than actually doing anything useful. I marched and picketed a few years ago when we had our contract dispute though!

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho That guy who’s been representing the RMT in interviews has been a pure legend. All those journalists looking for ‘gotcha’ moments have been handed their arses on a plate.

Jimmer-jammer

@Thrillho yeah, it’s interesting. I’ve definitely seen the ‘dark side’ of unions, yet there are absolutely situations in which workers deserve to stand together against exploitation, so I try to judge more on a case by case basis. Im fairly right-leaning myself (well, at least fiscally) but in all reality, corruption exists everywhere and partisan politics need to disappear so that policy can reign in a more balanced manner.

kyleforrester87

What’s the deal with this. I don’t have an active plus subscription but it’s letting me download and play Syphon Filter, Resi Evil etc.

Is this a bug?

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

Well, when I try to download more it says I need to subscribe. But Resi 1 and Syphon Filter seem to still work fine. I’m wondering if they are mine to keep for free now 😂

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 The service is incredibly buggy at the minute, my mate’s being asked to resubscribe for £100 despite his Now subscription being valid until next January. At least you benefitted!

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett yeah, it says they are “purchased” on the store if I go to download them again and they are working after a restart so I’ll assume they are mine to keep, although who knows. Pretty happy about that coz I just gave Syphon Filter a go, and while I knew it was bad even after not playing it for 20 years, it really is bloody awful 😂 Gabe really does handle like a Transit with no power steering on flats.

kyleforrester87

LiamCroft

@kyleforrester87 Did you buy them when they were available on PS3? Those purchases carry over and you don't need PS Plus Premium to play them.

PSN ID: Liam_Croft

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 Did you ever get 'em for your PS3, PSP or PS Vita, perchance?

If you've purchased the digital PSone Classic versions of those games before, then they're yours to download and play without a premium subscription. That's how I've been able to start Syphon Filter again today, and I can see Resident Evil and Toy Story 2 are listed as "free" to me as well, because I've got them on my PS3. All the others have a £7.99 price tag (although for some reason, I can't buy Tekken 2 separately; it's telling me to upgrade my subscription in order to access it).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic