Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 8,061 to 8,080 of 10,083

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Damn it. Real sorry to hear that your Mom has had such a rough time. As others have said, the virus can wreak all sorts of havoc beyond the most common headline-grabbing symptoms, so here's hoping that she'll start to improve once it's run its course. Sorry I can't offer any more specific information or advice, but folks on this page seem to have really stepped up, which is awesome to see.

Whatever happens, know that you, your Mom and your family are being thought of all around the world.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@Ralizah As others have said, thoughts are with you and your mom during this time. Hang in there and take good care of her and yourself.

The variability of disease severity and longevity of symptoms seems rather unpredictable. The “long-COVID” can linger for months, from what I’ve heard. Hopefully not for you all.

It’s interesting to see that there has been very little societal concern for this latest wave coming through. I’m pretty sure everyone is just numb to the whole pandemic by now and are willing to just wander the COVID mine field rather than go back to the way life was 2 years ago.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@lolwhatno Adopt a spider, and let them play with with each other.

EDIT: When i first read you post I thought you were talking about a friend irl, who travels in planes a lot. Makes the last part a whole lot darker lol.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

sorteddan

Looking at current PS Store sales and sorting games from price low to high I see two PS4 games currently available for 10p each. Now I'm sure they are probably the cackiest shovelware possible (I may be wrong) but gets me wondering what else I could possibly buy for 10p at this time? Even the carrier bag costs more than that!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

JohnnyShoulder

@lolwhatno Yeah it is the kind of thing you would not reveal on a forum like this. Unless you were a a total psychopathic....

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@lolwhatno And how strange that this shows up!

render

@sorteddan If they have a platinum then that is probably the cheapest plat you will ever earn!

render

BearsEatBeets

With a lot of talk recently about 'remakes' I thought gave a lot of good insight in to what it takes. It's not new but I've only just got around to watching it.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

Dissertation has been submitted. If all goes well then should be graduating in November. Fairly surreal that I’m done with uni, especially considering that I’ve been commenting on this site since I was barely a teenager. Guess I’m an actual adult now. Need a job now though! Dunno if I could be arsed actually going into the computing field and journalism’s my passion anyway so hey, if anyone’s looking for someone who can both write articles and maintain a website’s CMS, styling etc then I’m your guy 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@nessisonett Nice one! I hope you feel it all went alright in the end; my dissertation mark dragged my BSc up to a 2:1.

It must be kind of weird for you having done your course predominantly through Covid though but hopefully the search for work isn’t too daunting for you.

Thrillho

themcnoisy

Ratchet and Clank Rift apart £15 at Asda in store @get2sammyb @ShogunRok

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

@Thrillho Covid definitely soured it for me. I should be getting a bloody discount, I haven’t been into uni in person since halfway through my 2nd year! Glad it’s over more than anything though.

@lolwhatno Backlog clearing is absolutely what I’m going to do now I’m free! I’ve honestly not really played a proper game on PS5 in a couple of months, just getting a few minutes here and there of Enter the Gungeon or PES. I should really get back to Medal of Honor Underground as well, I was enjoying it.

nessisonett

@lolwhatno Yeah, I’ve been playing Gungeon off and on for years now (played it on Steam when it first launched) but they gave it away on PS4 during Covid and I’ve been chasing the platinum ever since. Really gives it a new edge, having a goal to work towards!

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Congratulations on getting your dissertation sorted; I'm sure you'll have knocked it out of the park, so here's to your forthcoming graduation and, in the meantime, enjoy your backlog!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Octane

LMAO I completely missed the TLOU remake announcement.

Octane

nessisonett

Somehow stepped on broken glass, like a less stylish Annie Lennox. Any excuse to put my feet up is one that I will happily take. Even if that will involve persevering with the beige-fest that is Homefront The Revolution in order to get to TimeSplitters 2.

sorteddan

@JudgeDredd
Congrats on making the full year despite all the setbacks mentioned in the last week. And just think - surely next week will probably be better so there's something to look forward to!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

render

@JudgeDredd That is eventful to say the least. Hope everything gets back to normality for you soon and that your wife recovers soon.

You must have been channeling negative energy this week so good that you had a positive out of it all. Congrats on that 👍

render

nessisonett

@ThereThere I did a BSc Hons in Computer Science, which I’d been planning to do since I was about 12. Covid totally disrupted it and my interest did wane towards the end but glad it’s out the way! Who knew writing 10k words about a musical password system for old people would be such an undertaking 😂

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic