Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 8,061 to 8,080 of 8,398

JohnnyShoulder

@lolwhatno Kotaku have got a bad rep recently with some obnoxiously titled articles, but i think they had a new editor since, and I've not seen so many being commented on.

It kinda works in the reverse with me, if I see an article title which I don't like, I usually won't click on it, depending on how interested I am in the subject.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@lolwhatno I don’t know if you’re familiar with the term ‘shock jock’ in the world of radio, but Kotaku seem like the shock jock of gaming journalism. I very rarely go there (or go really anywhere but here, to be honest) but when I do, I’m entertained at the melodrama for a few articles and then eventually move on, unsure if it’s all just a schtick. There’s apparently a market for it. Look no further than the fact the writers all went on strike a couple months ago for a peek into their mindset. Everyone over there just comes across so… passionately distraught? But again, it could all be an deft attempt to get more eyes on the articles. Either way, I get a kick out of some of their stuff. Out of curiosity, I went to the site to see what was on their newsfeed, and I actually had to chuckle at the full article critiquing Elon Musk’s Elden Ring build 😂. It’s those kinds of their articles I find amusing, but I guess he’s an easy target, being the world’s richest person and all.

Edited on by Th3solution

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

render

I'll start this post by saying that this is nothing to do with console wars or any of that stuff. I'd have ideally posted this on the xbox thread but I know that people get touchy about that being used to bring up anything that's anti-MS so thought I'd just post it here.

I found this quite interesting reading and obviously it's on NeoGAF so I'm totally taking it with a pinch of salt as well, but it just feels like this could be the reason some people are so fanatical about game pass that they have to remind you every 5 minutes that it's the best value in gaming.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/phil-spencer-responds-to-starf...

render

velio84

@render
"Shilling" for something is something new. Fake reviews for products are all over the place.
And youtube channels clearly favouring 1 platform over another are all over the place. Especially during prior the launch of current gen, my youtube feed was flooded with series X previews, what's inside and what not. Then they have early hands on and what do they play - Forza Horizon 4...
But having a dedicated program where you can sign up to do ***** like this seems a bit too much, even for MS.

psn: chilliesandbeer

render

@velio84 There's so much of that other stuff going on it's very hard to actually see what's real any more. It's not great but you can filter a lot of it out if you know that it's all fake. There's also plenty of fans out there who are happy to shout about their brand allegiances anyway without any extra incentive however this Ambassador thing does seem to take that to the next level. It's taking a bunch of normal people and effectively paying them peanuts to become a brain washed marketing army.

render

lolwhatno

@render That type of acts is disgusting, basically refusing to take any criticism and trying to tell people that whatever the company is doing is correct.

P.s: (off topic, but it really reminded me of the) Same spineless act, that was also done by the Israeli government:
https://www.reddit.com/r/israelexposed/comments/n4etue/found_...

"None of you is a true believer until he wants for his brother (in Islam) what he wants for himself"
That's been my Motto for a few years and I try to applicate it in the smallest and biggest things (living the cold milk for someone else? )

colonelkilgore

@render from my experience they get paid by the word 😉

[removed - inappropriate] ie PlayStation user

render

@lolwhatno It's pretty dodgy behaviour for anyone, be it a company or a government, and does show the internet can be used in plenty of bad ways.

@colonelkilgore You ain't wrong 😂

render

nessisonett

I know Epic Games aren’t exactly everyone’s favourite company but it’s really great of them to give Frogwares a grant with everything going on in Ukraine.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

johncalmc

It's actually thanks to Kotaku that I became a freelance writer as someone approached me on there after reading something I wrote on the forums. It's a hellsite, and I'm amazed it's still going, but I do have it to thank for that, I suppose.

johncalmc

Twitter:

nessisonett

Gutted that the comments are closed for Frogwares getting an Epic MegaGrant. Now I can’t make my joke about it being the brother of Super Saiyan Phil.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

nomither6

Kotaku can’t be worse than GameFaqs though , if we gonna call something a hellsite . it’s pretty much gamer-gaters lair .

nomither6

JJ2

I used to follow Kotaku just to know what BS they were on about but then got really fed up seeing all the non sense.
Regarding the non gaming topic of the week I find it silly so many people act like America is the centre of the Universes. As far as I’m concerned they are decades behind Europe on so many levels and need to sort their crap but shouldn’t leak into first world problem.

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

nessisonett

Insomniac really are the best Sony studio.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett They really are. Although it does make me chuckle that "handle discreetly" seems to mean "leak it to a major newspaper" because there's no way in heck that email got out on its own. If anything, such a move underscores their bravery, so I hope everybody's able to keep their jobs.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JudgeDredd

I hope we still get updates on Jim's cats.

JudgeDredd

lolwhatno

@nomither6 Yeah, I'm on gamefaqs and it's such a wierd website. They seem to be 70% progressive and 30% of everything else, troll posts and clickbait topics. Dunno why I still visit it.

@JJ2 Heck Europe is decades behind the middle east, where are my bidets ffs

@JudgeDredd I'm not one to think that people with strong power are absolute morons, so I wouldn't be surprised if the e-mail was structured in a way that wasn't as infamous as the media made it out to be. Like paragraph 1 about abortion, 2-6 about business stuff, and then a light-hearted 7 for some comedic relief.

"None of you is a true believer until he wants for his brother (in Islam) what he wants for himself"
That's been my Motto for a few years and I try to applicate it in the smallest and biggest things (living the cold milk for someone else? )

JJ2

@lolwhatno
Haha no doubt. I can only talk about what I know 😅
I think it’s overblown like everything about Sony (and always with a nice timing you know).
I understand American studios can express their position but it (US internal politics) shouldn’t be Sony s concern as a worldwide entity. (What next? Health care, arm regulation, etc )
I for one would love to hear more about Ryan’s pets as @JudgeDredd suggested. And then see the internet on fire as a result. Made me laugh so much to see it.
You wonder why the world is so screwed up huh? 🙄

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic